resausk

So a quick question about this standalone

Looking at the latest screenshots which look pretty nice. It looks similar to Arma 2...dont want to be incorrect here, but the standalone is based off Arma 3's engine right and not 2's? Most of the houses are pretty similar to those in DayZ...Just asking for new things is all...dont want something to look to similar to the original DayZ map. Personally Im tired of the woodsy map I wish the standalone took place in an urban area like New York for instance. Think itd be more creepy and fun. Get to fortify your own buildings, more realistic loot spawns, huge super markets, police stations with possible shot guns handguns and possible riot gear as a player model. Just an idea of mine...

Edited by Resausk

The standalone will be based on arma 2 engine so that they dont have to recreate the entire thing. They are calling it arma engine 2.5 because it will be a modified version customized for dayz. I hope they can upgrade it somewhat. I agree the screenies look pretty nice.

Edited by otherd

The standalone will be based on arma 2 engine so that they dont have to recreate the entire thing. They are calling it arma engine 2.5 because it will be a modified version customized for dayz. I hope they can upgrade it somewhat. I agree the screenies look pretty nice.

Kind of lame :/ I really liked what they did to the Arma 3 Engine with the character animations and all...oh well either way Im still going to buy it provided that my damn serial doesnt get stolen again and Hackers are extremely scarce....If you want to hack....how hard is it to go to a damn private server to do it...

I heard it was kinda like...version 2.5.

I hope they address door width, and better climbing of ladders etc.

they would not be able to release the game, even as an alpha, so quickly if they used the Arma 3 engine

I can wait...WarZ is around the corner, be playing that while I wait

Wrong, it's a hybrid engine using Arma2, TOH and bits of Arma 3.

Edited by Fraggle
  • Like 3

The only thing they stated was that they'd use the NETCODE of Arma 2.

Besides that, everything Bohemia has is up for grabs, so if there's an easy way to get the nice Arma 3 animations into the game, they will do so.

The map is still Chernarus, but it is being worked on heavily as we speak.

AFAIK, all buildings will be enterable and servers will hold 200+ players - so if you want some urban fun, visit Cherno or Elektro.

I can wait...WarZ is around the corner, be playing that while I wait

Good luck with that, i've read some horrid reviews bout it.

Besides that, everything Bohemia has is up for grabs, so if there's an easy way to get the nice Arma 3 animations into the game, they will do so.

The map is still Chernarus, but it is being worked on heavily as we speak.

AFAIK, all buildings will be enterable and servers will hold 200+ players - so if you want some urban fun, visit Cherno or Elektro.

By Urban I mean City look...cherno and Elektro look like towns not cities That's why I had stated a reference like New York or Los Angeles

Good luck with that, i've read some horrid reviews bout it.

Dont care, One individual review or even few more cant determine anothers opinion on it.

Edited by Resausk

nope.

the physic engine will be a branch of Take On Helicopters, AND the "netcode" will still be scriptbased, yes.

and with that physicengine they will have superior problems to fancy animations. (local vehicles, code injecting, latency issues, FPS issues, and many others)

Dont care, One individual review or even few more cant determine anothers opinion on it.

True, but droves of people with the same complaint quickly make me think twice about paying $30 for it