DragunX5

Profile Reset! Rage!!

Hi guys

Was 25 days into dayz, fully kitted out. Playing last night and was all good, got to a safe place then logged off as normal. Went to play this morning and it's spawned me on the coast, day 0 and no gear!!!! And yes it's on an official server, the same as last night infact. Anyone know wdf?

Same thing happened to me as well when i decided to go on a Hive server. Everything was wiped i only had my hero skin and was on the coast.

Yeah I didnt have any hacked weapons. What a stupid thing! What if a player finds a weapon on the floor that is meant to be in game but someone hacked it in and dropped it. The person picking it up wouldn't have a clue. Disgraceful. First steam fucks up the ability to launch dayz with their "optimisation update" on the game and now this?

Proper pissed off.

Does that mean we can't pick up guns off the ground? From tents we find? Bodies? Cos you won't know if the gun is hacked or not. I want answers, this is a ridiculous action, spent so much time getting character to where he is now and it's wiped out in an instant...good job it's a free mod cos if I paid for it I'd go mad! Oh no wait...I did, I paid for 2 games that I'll never play just to play dayz...this just makes it totally not worth playing cos you'll always be prang about picking anything up

Same thing happened to me :/ had everything! And I found all my gear on lootpiles, except NV which I found on a dead person...?

Rage

Bro I spent ages looking for nv!!! Finally my team mate found one for me and this, never got to use them :(

I really hope a mod reads this thread and explains why this was done. If its true all players with hacked gear were killed. It's a survival game where scavenging is part, a huge part of the game. Unless There is a huge flashing sign or a zed comes up to you and tells you "that dead body or tent has hooky gear on it" you ain't gonna know.

Was gonna start my life again but I can't be fucked. No point until this issue is clarified. Got gear stashed in our tent but if it is hacked I'm just gona be here today gone tomorrow :(

The game is cruel enough with all the bugs n glitches lol, part of the joy is overcoming these by the seat of ur pants like one time my TM got spawned on the roof of the barracks lol. He was so prang jumping off for ages lol, but he did and survived...just. So much joke, Ahh the memories, not to mention the indestructible cow that needed a whole clip from an l85 to drop it lol. Ah the memories.....and for what? Nothing.

I find it kind of hard to believe that hey would just killed everybody with "hacked" gear. Not after all that "if you found it, you can keep it" stuff in the past, does not really fit together.

My Character was around 4 weeks old, good gear and stuff. I also had a "hacked" weapon, was a PDW SD i found on some guy near stary, looked funny and so i took it. Never really used it, since it uses the M9 SD ammo.

I dont think that there will be any hopes of getting the old chars back and i am more or less fine with that. Whats really bothering me is that nobody told us anything about it, after all its not like they said "hacked guns are evil and we will do something/someday about it"

But logging in the next day and respawning at the coast without any reason is just wrong.

I know :(

I would rather have them take all hacked weapons and vehicles away so that when u log in you hacked gun has gone if you had one but this was cruel

Only guns I had were mp5sd m9sd m4 and svd camo. None are on the hacked ban list but hackers can still hack guns in that are legitimate to find in the game which made this a real stupid thing to do :(

:( Sad news when you told me this bro- I feel to sketch to even log in in case i'm at teh shore with nothing. I also doubt this would be a cull on hacked in wepaons, not without an announcement surely ? and the aftermath is impossible unless you can tell a gun is hacked in, yes certain guns only apear at crash sites but who is to say that one in the tent is not from a crash site originally , same goes for bodies.And also i'mn asuming that a very large amount of players have a hacked gun on them so why so little about this? i miagine if say 70 % of the playing pop lost everything there would be more noise than this.

Laughing man, you have impecible taste in Anime, SAC for ever. So i'm hoping you can shed any more light on this?

• Like 1

Hi guys

Was 25 days into dayz, fully kitted out. Playing last night and was all good, got to a safe place then logged off as normal. Went to play this morning and it's spawned me on the coast, day 0 and no gear!!!! And yes it's on an official server, the same as last night infact. Anyone know wdf?

i got this too.. shit..

Note to all: When you are at some parts of the loading screen, your character is already in game and has the risk of being shot. Hide somewhere before you log off.

Also, if you log out next to a tree or walls you have a risk of dieing and spawning without you knowing it when you log in. It's alpha guys, there's going to be bugs. You're going to have to just deal with it. I remember when I died I was pissed, but I ended up finding someone in Cherno who led me to Starry of which I started a new. Before that I had also found a MP5SD, all I had before was a lame crossbow. That death has led me to a much better character with NVGs M3A3 CCO and other good stuff.

Of about 1 million alive characters, only ~50000 had hacked weapons. I'm sure alot of those were banned hackers aswell, ie, characters that will never be played on again because of global ban.

Note to all: When you are at some parts of the loading screen, your character is already in game and has the risk of being shot. Hide somewhere before you log off.

Also, if you log out next to a tree or walls you have a risk of dieing and spawning without you knowing it when you log in. It's alpha guys, there's going to be bugs. You're going to have to just deal with it. I remember when I died I was pissed, but I ended up finding someone in Cherno who led me to Starry of which I started a new. Before that I had also found a MP5SD, all I had before was a lame crossbow. That death has led me to a much better character with NVGs M3A3 CCO and other good stuff.

Your right, it's on alpha stage and I don't mind that. I've had my fair share of bugs and glitches which is cruel but you just laugh it off. If this happened due to a bug or glitch then cool I'll shrug it off. But the fact that it's happened to so many people, and rumours are pple with hacked guns were killed makes it bitter. It takes only a min for someone to announce that a bug may have hit some players resulting in character reset, but we have had no explanation at all. We all still had to pay for arma to support and play dayz, we deserve atleast that right?

I am sad, my best kitted guy ever got wiped out. I didnt even have any guns that would be hacked in, just an M14 aim and M9 SD. What bugs me is that I had virtually all the tool slots filled and had a ghillie suit. I'm so disappointed when I log in and see an empty inventory and on the coast that I really dont care to play. If I do bother I think I will just wait till the standalone since I'm kind of tired of having all the effort wasted on bugs and anonymous server wipes.

By hacked weapons they mean weapons not in Arma II but not in DayZ. You should read up on the actual weapons so you know which ones are hacked, and if this did happen, it won't happen again. Here's a few example:

G17C is a hacked weapon.

Any thermal scoped weapons with the exception of L85A2 are hacked in.

If you find anything abnormal that you have never seen or heard of before you should look it up on the DayZ wiki. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

If it's not there it's a illegitimate weapon. If you have a legal one that was hacked in (not by you) you would not get banned or killed. This can not be detected by servers and such if you were not the one that spawned it in.

By hacked weapons they mean weapons not in Arma II but not in DayZ. You should read up on the actual weapons so you know which ones are hacked, and if this did happen, it won't happen again. Here's a few example:

G17C is a hacked weapon.

Any thermal scoped weapons with the exception of L85A2 are hacked in.

If you find anything abnormal that you have never seen or heard of before you should look it up on the DayZ wiki. http://www.dayzwiki.com/wiki/Main_Page

If it's not there it's a illegitimate weapon. If you have a legal one that was hacked in (not by you) you would not get banned or killed. This can not be detected by servers and such if you were not the one that spawned it in.

For those who didn't have any hacked weapons and equipment as you described, is there any chance of getting the old gear back? Longshot ;)

For those who didn't have any hacked weapons and equipment as you described, is there any chance of getting the old gear back? Longshot ;)

If by longshot you mean noshot...

Rocket made a announcement on another thread some time ago( Can't be arsed sifting through and finding it ) Which basically said that if you FOUND a scripted in weapon and took it, you are not at fault and won't be punished. However if YOU scripted the weapon in you'll be found out and banned.

Chances are if everyone who has a scripted in weapon had a reset, there would be alot more QQing. I haven't played on a public server for quite some time now. Can't wait for the standalone to finally get rid of the majority of those script kiddies.

Edited by piemanpm

Any official news on wipes? I've just logged into my character that should have been on day 74+ to find im back at the coast with no gear! I had everything too before that!

If it is a character reset for illegitimate gear then fair enough as I dare say some of the gucci kit I had wasn't legitimate (I raided a lot of corpses) although it does seem harsh to punish those of us who have a lot of dayZ surviving who have gained these items legitimately.

Yeah I logged out by the apartments in Cherno, so I am assuming the building offed me. I swear sometimes it feels like there is not a single thing in Dayz that is not trying to kill you. :D