Sign in to follow this  
Jablowme

Hackers

Does dayz still have hackers if so is it bigger than before or is it getting better?

Does dayz still have hackers if so is it bigger than before or is it getting better?

No, wait for standalone and see if that is able to seriously reduce hacking incidents. (not directed at you AlcApwn, we had this discussion before and I will prefer to wait and see but by no means do I think it is guaranteed to greatly reduce hacking).

Or just play casual and not let the few hack deaths get to you, in general I have had way more fun since I stopped caring what happened to my characters in this game.

Private hives have reduced to the amount of hackers, are they still there? Yes they are, but they are far less annoying and rampant. If you wish to play go play private hive, public servers are just a disaster with airstrikes, satchel charge laying rabbits, Nyan Cat Magic buses, 'ghost' cycles, and more. ....

Private hives have reduced to the amount of hackers

Do you mean passworded servers.. because "private hive" have the same amount of cheaters aboard .. or even more (coz ppl are usually banned on a single server if caught).

I mean well run private hives with active admin teams and latest logs. Not Randomdudexxxsephirothxx's private hive of 120 awesome vehicles. Private hives that use white listing are what I am referring to.

white listed private hives are teh only way to get away from 99% of the hackers. 1 or 2 will sneak in on occasion but nothing compared to a public hive.

Private hives 'saved' this game for me and I imagine for many others as well.

I was pretty much done with the game at one point because of rampant hackers/cheaters/scripters, but I've been playing on the same private hive for a while now and havn't died once to a scripter nor have I seen any. I'm sure some are, but the admins are active and do a great job and at least the teleporting, laser beams shooting from their eyeballs, mass kill a**holes aren't running rampant. At the VERY least, what cheaters may be there have to be somewhat discreet.