Sign in to follow this  
Racer

Locked Doors

This idea is mainly aimed towards DayZ Game but would still be nice to see in the mod. Since not all doors would be unlocked in a real zombie apocalypse, add locked houses. A certain zombie in the town would simulate the house's owner.

- Have a rare chance for a locked house to spawn (although not as rare as crashed helicopters)

- Kill surrounding zombies for key to unlock door

- Locked houses would give higher loot chances that are untouched by other players

- Once a house was unlocked anyone would be able to enter

This would give a use to killing zombies, make going into smaller towns more beneficial, and players could work together to get inside.

Edited by Racer

Locked doors and locked gun cabinets at military bases that require crowbars to open would 1) add a touch of realism, 2) make a player choose between axe and crowbar (or use inventory slots), and 3) encourage teamwork.

Locked doors and locked gun cabinets at military bases that require crowbars to open would 1) add a touch of realism, 2) make a player choose between axe and crowbar (or use inventory slots), and 3) encourage teamwork.

If we are going for the realism here, I would just kick the door in and wouldn't fuck with a key. Also, if you have a gun, you don't need any keys.

• Like 1

If we are going for the realism here, I would just kick the door in and wouldn't fuck with a key. Also, if you have a gun, you don't need any keys.

Well obviously so, however, there's no fun in that... but some houses have security systems that would alert the zombies!

Hello there

Windows are nice and easy to get though if a doors locked.

I too would like more interactivity with tools etc but this has been discussed before in length though, have a quick search.

rgds

LoK

Well obviously so, however, there's no fun in that... but some houses have security systems that would alert the zombies!

there is no power left = no alarm

there is no power left = no alarm

My home's security system is solar powered, built for power outages.

My home's security system is solar powered, built for power outages.

Have you seen the buildings on the map? I doubt the poverty stricken people of Chernarus would have solar power.

You know if I found a locked door in zombie apocalypse and I had a axe...

Have you seen the buildings on the map? I doubt the poverty stricken people of Chernarus would have solar power.

I was making a point, never claimed any building in Chernarus had this technology