Sign in to follow this  
Silver Dot

Problems

First of all, I'd like to start off by saying that if this post isn't in the right place; sorry.

I'm not one for speeches, so I'll start off by saying that I am extremely frustrated and angry.

Before the 1.7.0 patch came out, I couldn't join any servers. "Connecting failed" was a major problem for me and others back then. The problem fixed itself after a couple of days of searching for solutions and getting the 1.7.0 patch.

After that, I couldn't connect to any servers after the morning (I'm GMT+2). During the midday, my game usually crashes or stops during the Receiving Data or Loading phases.

I was recently sick for around two weeks, and played DayZ a couple of hours each morning.

After that passed, this hacker thing blew up in my face and I was afraid to connect.

A week passed of me not playing and whenever I try to connect to a 1.7 server now, I get the same "Connecting Failed" error that I got before.

I did attempt to connect to a 1.6 server with my 1.7 patch and I got to connect.

I strongly dislike playing on 1.6 servers. No sound, no debug monitor, bugged HUD. The only way to fix this is to downgrade to 1.6, and I'm not doing that.

I'd really like some kind of help here, I don't know if my character can die of starvation but I wouldn't really like to find out.

I had a similar problem after running the patch yesterday. Im not sure if this relates to you or not, however after running it i could not connect to any servers other than 1.6 ones (which if im correct is Arma2 and not Dayz).

You could check in the expansions option on the main menu to make sure Dayz in enabled, this fixed my connection problems.

Yes, I'm running the beta. The firewall is completely disabled.

I guess I'll have to reinstall windows to fix everything. It's time anyway.