POWERTHIRST

[Guide] Looting Elektro on a Full Server while Avoiding PvP

Here's the link to my video:

Purpose: This guide is for newer players who spawn in and around Elektro and want a basic level of gear while minimizing PvP interactions. The goal is to get a hatchet, 3 bandages, 2 food/drink, and morphine to prepare for the journey north (I go to Stary, then NWAF, but you could go anywhere you want). Higher level equipment (shotguns, Lee Enfields, handguns, and other survival gear) is easily found in the smaller towns outside the coast.

Loot Route: I focus on looting the southern industrial section, an area largely ignored by Elektro bandits. The high yield industrial spawns and orange houses almost always have a hatchet and basic survival supplies.

How is this different from other Elektro looting guides? Almost every Elektro guide takes you through the center of town (firestations, church, pub, grocery, school). One guide, by LiveBytheGun, starts in the industrial section, but he finds a Lee Enfield with 40 bullets in the first room of the first building he enters. This is uncommon. Sure, Sacriel's guide is a great path for looting the center of town, but it's also the most likely place to find bandits and griefers.

I recorded this video several times in an effort to find Elektro booming with activity AND not getting lucky with higher end equipment.

So, if I follow this guide, can I loot Elektro without dying? Short answer: No. The idea is to MINIMIZE PvP interactions. Let's face it, Elektro receives too much player traffic to ever be considered "safe". The best you can hope for is "safer". I've only been killed once in about 40 runs on full servers, private and public hive, so I'm confident in saying that this route is a lot safer than the center of town IF you just want basic supplies before leaving.

I want to play CoD: Elektro, does this mean the guide isn't for me? Anyone can follow the guide. If you want to use it to gain basic supplies before shooting everyone in the center of town then be my guest.

Disclaimer: At the beginning of the video, I run into a friendly on the east side of Elektro. Upon reaching the city, he ran to the center of town while I went south. At the end of the video I have a hatchet, food, drink, bandages, and morphine. While getting the morphine I saw the friendly on the top of the school equipped with an M1911 and Lee Enfield. Yes, his equipment was a lot better than mine.

HOWEVER

The friendly was almost killed twice by survivors. I encountered one who took a swing at me with a hatchet, which was fairly easy to avoid.

As always, DayZ rewards higher risk with better loot. This guide minimizes several risks, so you may not be armed to the teeth when you leave town. The idea is to show how to loot the city in an unconventional manner and make it out with enough supplies to take you north while avoiding a majority of players who run around town boosting their murder counts.

Edited by POWERTHIRST

hey baton rouge i used to live there, worked in the old mall. Nice video, that's pretty much what i do on fresh spawns or private hives, the real trick is staying mobile. What server is that? I couldnt really make it out in the video.

hey baton rouge i used to live there, worked in the old mall. Nice video, that's pretty much what i do on fresh spawns or private hives, the real trick is staying mobile. What server is that? I couldnt really make it out in the video.

I played on LA Private Hive (http://arma2.swec.se/server/data/285168). It's usually full or near-full. Not my favorite server, but there's a TON of PvP in the cities, so it was a great location for the video.

Nice guide PT, pretty much what the smart people do. Elektro outskirts to get the basics, then head up north to a quiter town for the better stuff, raiding deer stands on the way.

btw , sorry to take it off topic , but you sound so much like Lumpy Space Princess ! - which is pretty cool !

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pJTrD3R5cj0