Sign in to follow this  
Sahbahkah

Was I killed from my ghillie suit?

Not been playing Dayz long, found a ghillie suit, good pack and few other goodies yesterday. logged out and today when logged in was killed instantly? Just the death screen on spawn...

Then next spawn puts me on beach with no gear, no pack but still in ghillie suit...

Is it common for this to happen? This was Ausarma server number 1

• Like 1

My guess is you logged out in a bad spot. When you log on there is a point when your visible to everyone before you are actually in game yourself and I'm guessing at this point you got shot.

Thanks for the reply, My mate was beside me and logged in fine, could see my body and grab my gear of me (and no he didnt shoot me) And why would i still be in the ghillie at next spawn with no backpack or even a bandage? didnt even get option of male or female selection?

I realise its alpha but just thought mayby it was that bloody ghillie..

This sounds like the Loading bug issue. Sometimes your characters data gets abit screwed up on the waiting for char to create part when loading into a server.

It used to be that you would just spawn in the debug plains / forest and be kinda stuck there. But code was put inplace so that if anyone was going to be spawned in the debug areas then they would automatically get reset to the beach instead.

Sometimes you spawn at the beach with all your gear , and sometimes you spawn with nothing on you at all. ( bug )

The times that you spawn with nothing on you at all a duplicate body will be standing where you last logged off officially and it will have all your gear on that duplicate body. You can loot it and get it all back aslong as no one else finds your dupe body before you do.

Sorry I didnt explain it very well :( , hope you get the gist of it anyway.

• Like 3

Yes i kinda understand what you mean about dube body,

My body was in the grass beside my mate with all my gear, he thought i was just lying there didnt know I had died. It still had ghillie suit on it. he was able to grab my gear from the body. I spawned with the suit still on with no gear way down the coast?

Sounds like i was just unlucky.. It was the most stuff I had ever collected and had it for about 10 minutes : )

My guess is you logged out in a bad spot. When you log on there is a point when your visible to everyone before you are actually in game yourself and I'm guessing at this point you got shot.

Either this, or the current common bug of it just you just dying when logging in for no reason, it happens, I am not sure what is causing it however.

This sounds like the Loading bug issue. Sometimes your characters data gets abit screwed up on the waiting for char to create part when loading into a server.

It used to be that you would just spawn in the debug plains / forest and be kinda stuck there. But code was put inplace so that if anyone was going to be spawned in the debug areas then they would automatically get reset to the beach instead.

Sometimes you spawn at the beach with all your gear , and sometimes you spawn with nothing on you at all. ( bug )

The times that you spawn with nothing on you at all a duplicate body will be standing where you last logged off officially and it will have all your gear on that duplicate body. You can loot it and get it all back aslong as no one else finds your dupe body before you do.

Sorry I didnt explain it very well :( , hope you get the gist of it anyway.

thx m8, this helped a lot!!!

But remember, people will kill you just because they're bored, so don't be surprised to be slaughtered repeatedly for ghillies or backpacks etc. :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

yes, this is a known bug many refer to as "plaining out." Ive lost countless survivors to this bug on Chernarus. Strangely, I have never had this happen on Lingor/Panthera/Fallujah/Zargabad....