Sign in to follow this  
dfo

Spawning into the debug plains is making this game unplayable...

I'm playing on a private hive server, that is running the current DayZ version on the front page. I had no problems spawning in until recently. I logged off about a day ago close to a tree, when I logged in, I was dead. Ok, sucked it up and luckily ran into a friendly player who gave me a ride up the coast where a buddy was able to log on and pick me up. Found my body, got my gear, went on playing, connecting and disconnecting without issue several times. Made sure to log out in a much more open area. Today, I log in, and die again. Again, suck it up, collect some gear, get to a bike I know we left near the coast, go get my gear again.

I did some reading about how to cancel this if it works - look for the message that says you died when logging in, if you see it, close the game before it loads you all the way in and you should be able to respawn where you were before. This sort of works - sometimes it took several tries to work. My ALT+F4 has never worked for me in any fullscreen games, so I have to CTRL+ALT+DEL and find arma2ao.exe in the task manager, end process, etc., its a PITA. For some reason, ALT+F4 started working enough that I could trust it when loading in. Well, I logged in, and got the message that I died. ALT+F4... nothing... keep trying several times... nothing... smack it so hard I break the stand that raises the back of my keyboard... still nothing. So, I load in completely, bang, in debug area.

I'm not going to spend another hour trying to get my stuff back. The server I play on restarts every 6 hours, and with my luck it will restart before I'm able to get to my body again, making it a waste of time.

Sorry for ranting a bit, just extremely frustrated with this bug. Something really needs to be done though, when it happens this often I have no desire to log in and play, because every time I get geared up I die, and either have to spend an hour just to get back to my body only to have it happen again next time I log in.

What version of the ArmA OA beta are you running and does it match the server's?

Debug plain really does suck, I feel for you. I had my first experience with it this week.

I'm running ARMA 2 97771 and DayZ 1.7.2.6, server says its running ARMA 2 97448 and DayZ 1.7.2.6. Is the Arma 2 difference a problem?

Something is going on, this has happened to me months before, but this week it has happened to me three times in four days.

Just to recall what the symptoms are: I load into the game, it says I was killed, and I am standing in an open field with no gear. Usually there are other poor lost souls' bodies there. They are not lootable, as their gear is gone too. Disconnecting and reconnecting, I am on a random coast spawn point with no gear but the right number of kills and the same health/hunger levels.

It has happened while playing on DE 1972 and I think DE 1870 though I think it's a hive issue.

First time I lost NV, GPS, Ghillie, etc...Getting extremely discouraged.

I'm running ARMA 2 97771 and DayZ 1.7.2.6, server says its running ARMA 2 97448 and DayZ 1.7.2.6. Is the Arma 2 difference a problem?

That is the same circumstance that recently happened to me. Someone in that thread mentions reading another thread on here which discussed the version difference being the culprit. Its odd, because I have also logged into servers which kick you out for not running the same version. I guess the ones that do let you play have the potential at times of having this happen.

Glad you were able to get your gear back, as was I. I just chaulk it up to being an alpha mod, and take it in stride. This is the kind of thing I hope is not present in the standalone.