Sign in to follow this  
h3retic

DayZ - Slow Motion Magic - Gameplay Cinematic montage - by h3retic

Probably the first and thus unique montage of DayZ gameplay in slow motion.

Hope you enjoy the true beauty of the game as well as of the gameplay.

Recorded in 50fps, 1440x810 resolution from 1920x1080 native.

Edited in Adobe After Effects and Sony Vegas Pro 10.

Small stuttering due to the heavy effect of such high quality recording on the game performance (ARMA 2 itself already kills your fps, and then there is also recording...)

Comment/like/suggest

Thanks to all

- h3retic

• Like 10

Aftereffects makes it look meshy. Should record in real 250 fps and use that instead. Good though. :)

Aftereffects makes it look meshy. Should record in real 250 fps and use that instead. Good though. :)

have u ever seen anyone have more than 80fps in cities in ARMA 2? lulz

but u also gotta know that there is some blending and overlaying frames effects to get that smoothness in slo mo from original 50 fps (thats not that high when u slow it down to like 5 fps, which i did)

Edited by h3retic

I liked it. Good work. Thank you for not using dubstep or whatever bleepity bloop nonsense it is the kids listen to nowadays.

I liked it. Good work. Thank you for not using dubstep or whatever bleepity bloop nonsense it is the kids listen to nowadays.

idiot -.-

@OP, nice video, loved the music :)

Edited by Zyfer

idiot -.-

Way to take personal offence at something that was light hearted, you must be a super confidant person.

And I would like to point out that I was saying the music in OP's video was fine, it was a nice change from the electronic noise that accompanies A LOT of DayZ videos.

Edited by Toilet
  • Like 1

Do this for the standalone and make it into a commercial.

once its out, ill definitely do

i also just only recently found out a few days of improving performance while and quality of recording so the next montages will be by far better

Edited by h3retic

have u ever seen anyone have more than 80fps in cities in ARMA 2? lulz

but u also gotta know that there is some blending and overlaying frames effects to get that smoothness in slo mo from original 50 fps (thats not that high when u slow it down to like 5 fps, which i did)

I can get hundreds of frames on the highest settings for everything (including the extra HD textures I have for buying DLC)

Might be worthwhile using the Arma II edtior, and scripting the ingame slow motion by using the (SetAcctime 0.1) command. Remove brackets, and replace 0.1 with how slow of fast you want it to be. Greater than 1 being sped up, less than 1 being slown down. No more jerky movements :). More tinkering required, and you'd have to manually command the zombies through the editor, but for bits where you want super smooth slowmotion - its unbeatable.

I can get hundreds of frames on the highest settings for everything (including the extra HD textures I have for buying DLC)

well i cant :P

i get 60 in cities and 100 in plains, thas enough for me

Might be worthwhile using the Arma II edtior, and scripting the ingame slow motion by using the (SetAcctime 0.1) command. Remove brackets, and replace 0.1 with how slow of fast you want it to be. Greater than 1 being sped up, less than 1 being slown down. No more jerky movements :). More tinkering required, and you'd have to manually command the zombies through the editor, but for bits where you want super smooth slowmotion - its unbeatable.

this montage is only dayz gameplay, nothing scripted, everything purely from the game itself,

and that is what makes it real

I liked the video and the song (who is it?) but as another poster suggested the editor and the slow motion features would have made the video even better. Sorry to say but you keeping it real looked really boring, many of your shots were scenic, which i enjoyed most. I find the editor more exciting than the game itself because you have control of the story you want to tell in every aspect. If you want help with it, I would totally help you out.

• Like 1

well i cant :P

i get 60 in cities and 100 in plains, thas enough for me

this montage is only dayz gameplay, nothing scripted, everything purely from the game itself,

and that is what makes it real

Up to you, personally I don't see much difference with spawning dayz zombies and scripting them to behave how they do in dayZ anyway...Nice video though. Bit jerky.

"everything purely from the game itself,

and that is what makes it real" - Using the arma 2 editor is from the game and real !

Edited by ORiGiN TiTAN

Up to you, personally I don't see much difference with spawning dayz zombies and scripting them to behave how they do in dayZ anyway...Nice video though. Bit jerky.

"everything purely from the game itself,

and that is what makes it real" - Using the arma 2 editor is from the game and real !

as much as id love to do somethign like this, i still have to bear in mind that only to learn how editor works will take quite abit of time. im really low on time these days xD

ill try to have a new vid out by christmass or new yearday.

if anyone has an arma 2 editor tutorial link then please let me know :)

thx in advance

as much as id love to do somethign like this, i still have to bear in mind that only to learn how editor works will take quite abit of time. im really low on time these days xD

ill try to have a new vid out by christmass or new yearday.

if anyone has an arma 2 editor tutorial link then please let me know :)

thx in advance

Yeah it will take you a long time compared to this, but the end result is something almost movie like! Worth investing time in. Perhaps not for every video as it takes alot more effort.

There are some very good tutorials on youtube, if i get a chance ill link you some.

Good luck with it!

• Like 1

This is probably the best place to start off first

http://www.armaholic.com/forums.php?m=posts&q=6751

If you want to use DayZ in the editor, you have to use version 1.7.2.3. You can still use your current version to play but not to edit. Just make a new "@dayz" folder with v1.7.2.3 in it and name it whatever you wish. I call mine @dayzMOVIE.

Really nice job.

I particularly liked the slow motion bird part. Maybe that could be used to link up different action scenes as the bird flies across Cherno.

Really nice job.

I particularly liked the slow motion bird part. Maybe that could be used to link up different action scenes as the bird flies across Cherno.

thats actually a good idea, ill think how i can intergrate that

thx man

Bloody great vid h3retic! Definitely learn the editor as you definitely have the vision to produce some superb work.