Sign in to follow this  
Guerrilla (DayZ)

Backpacks and you/me?

Hi all, Just wondering if anyone can give me a ranking of the smallest to largest backpacks. I currently have an Alice pack, I came across an assault pack and was going to grab it but I just want to be sure that its bigger, rather than go through the effort of moving everything around and risking stuff disappearing etc. I roughly know it goes coyote, czech, alice, or something. I've heard the largest pack is the other coyote, I just don't know about that assault pack. Anyone know?

Czech pouch, coyote pouch, assault pack, Czech backpack, Alice pack, coyote backpack

I believe this is the correct order from smallest to largest.

When you find a pack, you can always chose to open it and it will display the number of free slots. So an 8 slot pack will display 8/8.

Residential/Civilian

· Czech Vest Pouch (6)

· Czech Backpack (16)

· ALICE Pack (20)

General Military & Barracks:

· Backpack (coyote) (24)

· Assault Pack (ACU) (12)

· Patrol Pack (coyote) (8)

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Backpack

fixed that for you... you spawn with the patrol pack

What is the point of the Czech Vest Pouch actually? Is it additional space to the backpack? Haven't ever seen one or had one - so I'm just asking here.

no point to it really. unless you somehow lose your patrol pack and its the first new one you find.

Running speed should be linked to what size backpack you use. That way the smallest backpack would actually have a point.

Running speed should be linked to what size backpack you use. That way the smallest backpack would actually have a point.

Oh thats interesting - is it the actual model size or # of pouches? Because ALICE looks smaller/less cumbersome than the big Czech Backpack.

no point to it really. unless you somehow lose your patrol pack and its the first new one you find.

If it really improves your mobility, I'd see the sense of the czech pouch for recon/small raids and you'd stash your equipment in a tent or something. Maybe helps you keep an even smaller profile I'd figure.

speed should be linked to number of items, size of back pack is irrelevant when you have nothing in it

Residential/Civilian

· Czech Vest Pouch (6)

· Czech Backpack (16)

· ALICE Pack (20)

General Military & Barracks:

· Backpack (coyote) (24)

· Assault Pack (ACU) (12)

· Patrol Pack (coyote) (8)

http://dayzwiki.com/wiki/index.php?title=Backpack

Whoops!

Thank you. The way they're ordered on that section of the wiki threw me off. I didn't take the time to double check the names.

Wedge a penny in your keyboard. Done.

Edit: and then I replied to the completely wrong thread.

What is the point of the Czech Vest Pouch actually? Is it additional space to the backpack? Haven't ever seen one or had one - so I'm just asking here.

In case you lose your pack, want a throwaway pack, or want to be a sniper without a ghillie suit.

Why are this backpacks even in the game.. I can't understand that. And whoever lost his backpack is just stupid or likes the water. (: