TheDee (DayZ)

Camo/Ghillie Suit bug question

Yes I know about the camo and ghillie suit bug where you spawn in an ocean.

But I've heard that it can be bypassed. Equipping each one and waiting 20+ minuets supposedly works most of the time, just want to get a few others here to say this works for them before I put on my ghillie Suit.

Also is it worth storing it for 1.7.1? Just to make sure it's "fixed"?

Thanks in advance.

Well, in theory it could work. I have never tried it myself but seeing as how most people who have them play this game for long stints of time (1-4 hours) and are able to keep their camo, it makes sense. It sounds like it is just an issue with the main server updating your status, so I would say the longer you stay on the safer you are.

I think the Arma II beta patch addresses this bug.

Your best bet would be to try that.

TY for reply, I've heard the beta patch fixes it, but due to the low amount of servers using it (plus I play with a friend) I'd rather stay with what I have now until the 1.7.1 update.

I used cammo outfit all the time in 1.6.0.1 without any problems, updated to 1.7 - with Beta patch - and spawned in ocean, after playing for about 2 hrs. No mention has been made as to whether this bug will be fixed in 1.7.1

Couple of fun facts for everyone;

1) Running the latest Beta stops you from teleporting to the great blue when putting on skins.

2) Running Beta works with any server running that version or older, i.e. it is backwards compatible (including with servers not running beta at all).

So, it's in the player's best interest to install and run Beta. It will save you a whole lot of heartache!

Mag.

I've only had two experiences with a ghillie suit. My first time, I handed the majority of my gear over to a friend to hold, put on the ghillie suit and relogged. I spawned in the ocean with the ghillie suit still on, and swam to shore, and made the long run back to my friend (running through zombies etc with no weapons and very few supplies was quite intense). After that initial ocean spawn, I was fine in the ghillie suit and had no further issues (until I got randomly blown up by an explosion in the middle of the forest -_-). My second attempt was much like the first, but when I spawned in the ocean, sadly I was back in my civi skin. I'm currently just about to install the Beta Patch as I'm hoping to find another ghillie suit and would like it to go smoothly.

Couple of fun facts for everyone;

1) Running the latest Beta stops you from teleporting to the great blue when putting on skins.

2) Running Beta works with any server running that version or older' date=' i.e. it is backwards compatible (including with servers not running beta at all).

So, it's in the player's best interest to install and run Beta. It will save you a whole lot of heartache!

Mag.

[/quote']

Yes! I can put on the camo i've been lugging around in my pack.

Lovely. That was the second best post I've seen here, right behind the "cheaters got the boot" earlier. This is a good day.

My friend has 93701. He found camo in a building so he tried equipping it. As soon as he did it took him to an ocean and he couldn't move. After he dropped his stuff it spawned him back in the building with his stuff on the floor.

Fuck, so lucky. Found camo and ghillie suits, put one on (no beta patches on mine) and was all safe :/ Didn't even know!

I found a Ghillie Suit myself and ran around with a silenced MP5 for about six hours before logging.

When I logged back in, it did not spawn me in the ocean. So potentially that 20 minute idea is helpful. I may even go as far as an hour.

Random note, I found Camo clothing once before but died shortly thereafter. I was unable to test if this is consistant with the Ghillie suit if that is a proper work-around.

I also use the latest beta build.