selmack

You only meet your first game player once - What did he do?

First non-shoot first encounter involved a player running by me in Cherno. He was being chased by about 12 zeds. I had only a hatchet, and he apparently had nada. I ran into a metal shack and about 3 secs later he comes running in with the zeds following. I killed all 12 of them, ask if he needed aid over direct voice chat, and left him alone. About 5 minutes later as I'm up in the catwalks of one of the industrial builidngs I see him come sneaking in. I noticed he has an axe equiped, but he hadn't noticed me yet. From above I comment "I see you found an axe". He replies "you're lucky I didn't find a rifle." Luckily I had just found the crossbow and a good excuse to take him out.

Next time a friend and I are teamed up on Vent. We just crossed an open field at the edge of a town. We paused at the tree line to look back and saw a dude come crawling out of the tree line on the other side of the field we just left. He suddenly notices that we may have spotted him. We both go prone and have the upper hand. He is surrounded by zeds and if he fires will have them all attacking him. So all he can do is lay there and hope we didn't see him. He's pointing his rifle but not firing. My friend starts to fire but misses with his rifle. I have a AKM in semi mode and let a few rounds fly. I see the bandit die and notice I have a 1 next to bandit kills. Yeah.

My first player contact was at the power station in Elektro.

Being the noob that I was, I climbed up onto the roof of the power station and was promptly sniped!

My first dayz today.

Spent most of my time leeroying into towns on quiet servers looking for something,anything, to defend myself with.

Running from Zed is tiresome work.

I see a warehouse in the distance and the dollar signs light up in my eyes..and bingo!.......a hatchet.Better than harsh language I guess.

Anyway Zed has got a whiff of me so I head up the stairwell where at the very least I might be able to bottleneck them.

And there I find Jake,stood no more than a few feet from me.

We look at each other for a second or two.He has a hatchet too.I salute.He backs off and jinks from side to side in way of greeting,I guess he didn't know the salute key.

Then he's gone and I head to the roof looking for something a bit more formidable than a forestry tool.Obviously the deadliest weapon I find is a helicopter rotor.It sounds like Zed has gotten bored and wandered off to do whatever foul depraved thing that Zed does when he's not making my life a misery.So back downstairs I go and who do I find?

Jake!

He's dead.

Fell off a ledge.

Thanks for the beans Jake.

First person I met in Dayz was armed with assault rifle maybe with a scope. He had a gully suite on and was hiding in the grass I didn't saw him first but when he rises out of the grass it was both of us where confused when the guy began shooting at me. With I survived because I was strafing to left he shot an entire ammo clip empty for nothing by hitting thin air. I escaped and came back with three zombies back to try to make a bad day for him to unleash a zombie hoard on him. No success but still shacked off the zombies.

My first encounter with a survivor occurred after several weeks of playing. I had finally built up the courage to go into Elektro. I went into the firestation and as I was climbing the stairs I came face to face with a shotgun barrel. The guy was friendly and needed a transfusion and I tried to give it to him, but it didn't want to work, so we were both rather exposed up there. We had SMG rounds peppering the tower, but none of them could hit us. Just as I was about to complete the blood transfusion a bandit came up the stairs and he shot the survivor and the survivor managed to kill him with his shotgun. Both died immediately and as I was beginning to loot the corpses a sniper round went through my head.

It made for an intense experience.

I started playing DayZ for the first time in ages yesterday, and the first person I met is a ghillied-up mofo, who is armed to the f*cking teeth.

I was intimidated, and despite giving me a blood transfusion, I pumped him full of e-bullets because, primarily, I was worried he'd do the same.

Such is life on Chernarus.