switch296

Servers back up.

EDIT: Nevermind, servers back up, assumed they were being taken down for an extended amount of time and they were back up in 10!

So because of the hacking DayZ is just being taken offline is what I have gathered from twitter?

With people that are doing this just to try to ruin the game (Server nuking) you are giving them exactly what they want..

Unless this is to apply some kind of fix to actually stop the hacking, just taking the servers offline while you work on a fix is a bad move in my opinion. Though if I had more information on what was being done while the servers are offline maybe I'd change that.

I don't know about you guys, but I would much rather play with a chance of losing everything than not play at all.

Yup.

They win.

I'd rather play with some sporatic hackers than not play at all.

I would much rather them being able to focus exclusively on this problem before bringing the servers back up.

It was a smart move.

Hey Switch. Rocket said he was taking down central server and updating it with new BattlEye and such to ensure that it heads in a direction where you never lose stuff to hackers.

Just a minor inconvenience, have some lunch if youre in Australia mate! Come back and it'll probably be back up with less/to no hackers in the future.

It's like if your company had something to work out, and instaed of trying to work it out without letting everyone down, they decide to stop providing their services and boot'd every worker.

You do realize the logic behind hackers/cheaters actions, right? They want recognition, not necessarily by name, but just reading your angry post will give them hard-on.

Instead of raging, just accept this as sad reality of now-a-dayz gaming. Unfortunate, but a part of it.

I really do wish all people would just quiet down, and maybe hackers will just stop on their own when they have no negativity to feed on. The ragier you get - the happier hacker will get.

Your tears are the fuel for Rocket.

Your rage is the fuel for hacker..

Doesnt really rhyme, but thats the key takeaway :)

I would much rather them being able to focus exclusively on this problem before bringing the servers back up.

It was a smart move.

This.

Learn how alpha works and what it means, then realize you have no right to act pissed or pushy about anything.

UPDATE: Server is back online. Those identified as hackers in last weeks have received permabans. Sorry for the downtme -Rocket

from the latest twitter.

No, they didn't win. The hackers winning is allowing them to run rampant and do this shit all the while fapping to all of the tears flowing off of the forums.

Shutting down the servers for the whole community = unlimited gallons of fuel for the hackers.

Actually it's more like a small business being overrun with roaches and closing it's doors to exterminate them effectively. The server is back up as far as I'm aware.

It was a smart move.

This.

Learn how alpha works and what it means' date=' then realize you have no right to act pissed or pushy about anything.

[/quote']

I didn't do either of those things Flooter, merely offered my point of view.

I am quite aware of what an alpha is.

But regardless the problem is already solved as the servers are back up, I assumed the central database was being taken down for an extended period of time hence the "until further notice", not just a few minutes.. so not to worry!

Happy DayZ

The servers are already back online so you can all relax it was only taken offline to ban the known hackers.

I'm with Switch, that 'without further notice' meant way longer IMO, not just a few minutes.