Sign in to follow this  
blunt_zephyr

Is DayZ is to Arma 2 as Sa-MP was to San Andreas?

Used to play a mod for GTA:San Andreas named SA-MP. With this lil program (basically a sandbox) and knowledge of scripting people were able to share amazing MP action from RPG to stunt and straight-up DM. Could/Are these scripts compatible?

Eh... Takistan Life is more like ArmA's San Andreas's MP.

As for them being compatible... Ni.

Completely dfferent engines, hell, they're written in different languages.

Have you seen the amount of mods people have made for ArmA II? Seriously, you can find a great deal of pretty much everything.

You could play a different Arma mod every day of the year if you wanted to and a few of them are bloody amazing.

Used to play a mod for GTA:San Andreas named SA-MP. With this lil program (basically a sandbox) and knowledge of scripting people were able to share amazing MP action from RPG to stunt and straight-up DM. Could/Are these scripts compatible?

Not really this is releasing it's own game but if you consider making something like a new Mod this would be a pretty good game making a mod to

Eh... Takistan Life is more like ArmA's San Andreas's MP.

As for them being compatible... Ni.

Completely dfferent engines, hell, they're written in different languages.

Do they not both use Boolean-arguement scripting to make these mods? I ask because I honestly do not know. Was hoping that if possible, get the swimming, punching/kicking/melee, jumping&climbing into Arma 2~DayZ. Was trying to find examples from sites like Armaholic. The door-lock 'script' is very similar to what I remember seeing from SA-MP/MTA. I understand that there's no animations to go with a command but could not that be created with like 3dmax/maya type of programs? animated stick-figure. link a skeleton to the stick. link a texture to the skeleton. add shadows and lod, g2g?

Do they not both use Boolean-arguement scripting to make these mods? I ask because I honestly do not know. Was hoping that if possible, get the swimming, punching/kicking/melee, jumping&climbing into Arma 2~DayZ. Was trying to find examples from sites like Armaholic. The door-lock 'script' is very similar to what I remember seeing from SA-MP/MTA. I understand that there's no animations to go with a command but could not that be created with like 3dmax/maya type of programs? animated stick-figure. link a skeleton to the stick. link a texture to the skeleton. add shadows and lod, g2g?

It's good to see FINALLY someone who know what the hell he is talking about!

NOT!

• Like 1

NOT!

Both of you know jack shit. Leave it to the pros to do the talking.

Have you seen the amount of mods people have made for ArmA II? Seriously, you can find a great deal of pretty much everything.

even mod with melee and jumping?

Both of you know jack shit. Leave it to the pros to do the talking.

I know i know, i'm so clueless about everything, hell even this morning I realised that I was wearing two left shoes!

NOT!

I guess the only difference is that I'd admit to not knowing but seeking where-as you claim to know but..wont divulge.