Sign in to follow this  
Nosch

Any one has a trick to respawn?

Hey fellow zombie-hunters.

Need your help on a problem here! I was playing my usual round of dayz when a hacker arrived on the server. I got used to it and thought it wouldnt matter, so he teleported us all into the ocean. It was 12 km from coast and i tried to swim back along with the others. (I knew that hackers love to do it so i stayed on the server for like 10 more minutes, hoping he would teleport us back) The only thing the hacker did was just spawing us back at our start point after we swam for like 2 minutes. So i decided to leave the server. And now i cant play on normal servers anymore unless i starve...

You guys know a way of how to kill yourself in water or something similiar? Would love to get you info/opinion on that! :thumbsup:

Sit in the water AFK for half an hour or so until you get hypothermia from being in the water so long, and you'll die eventually. I'm pretty sure...

• Like 2

Sit in the water AFK for half an hour or so until you get hypothermia from being in the water so long, and you'll die eventually. I'm pretty sure...

Im not entirely sure you can die from that though... you begin to bleed but it only drops so far then stops.... best bet is to either starve or dehydrate... go AFK for about 2 hours.. that should do it

Ive checked right now! Dont think u can die from hypothermia! Thanks for your rapid replies!

You happen to know anything else or is starving the only way? I'd love to start playing with my freind right away. He got it yesterday :P

dehydration is slightly faster, just leave DayZ running in the background for a couple of hours... you should be dead by then. other than that you best get swimming to the coast.....

• Like 2

Put the cursor just over your head, so its in line with the respawn button, but to the right of it.

Hit escape twice, then on the third time quickly left click just after you press escape again. It takes good timing but it works when you get it right.

dehydration is slightly faster, just leave DayZ running in the background for a couple of hours... you should be dead by then. other than that you best get swimming to the coast.....

Thanks ill jsut play some bf3 meanwhile if my pc can handle it ^^

You have my beans sir! xD

Put the cursor just over your head, so its in line with the respawn button, but to the right of it.

Hit escape twice, then on the third time quickly left click just after you press escape again. It takes good timing but it works when you get it right.

Haha just tried it. Seems pretty hard to impossible. Since the mouse is somewhere else everytime i open the menu again :/

Thanks ill jsut play some bf3 meanwhile if my pc can handle it ^^

You have my beans sir! xD

No worries... i tried what the other guy said before about lining up with the respawn button and hitting escape..... that tactic owes me a new mouse! and i was still stuck at sea!

Haha just tried it. Seems pretty hard to impossible. Since the mouse is somewhere else everytime i open the menu again :/

Yeah, the trick is to place the cursor in the right spot so it will move straight to respawn when you hit escape the third time. You're in the water, so it's probably not right above your head which is the default spot. Just try it a few times and get the right spot.

EDIT: It definitely works, I can get it pretty much first go every time

Edited by Ruthless Raptor

best advice I can give for a scenario like this.... is find the most popular server you can, hop on and wait for the inevitable hacker to mass kill everyone.

Guess ill just leave it there and wait fo me to die

1. Disconnect then reconnect

2. When "Setup Complete" appears hit ESC key to bring up the menu

3. Hit "Respawn" as it only disables AFTER you have spawned it; hitting ESC before spawning in overrides the removal of the "Respawn" button

Use and abuse to your hearts content.

• Like 2

3. Hit "Respawn" as it only disables AFTER you have spawned it; hitting ESC before spawning in overrides the removal of the "Respawn" button

Clever.

• Like 1

Fuck yeah! Worked right away thanks for the advice bro! You have my beans :D