Sign in to follow this  
The Bean Marine

Server "Removing" my gear and spawning me on Coast

Hey DayZ dev

i just joined a server with some pretty good gear last time i logged out i was hiding in some bushes with my M9 SD and my M4A1 CCO SD with some other guns and gear well i logged in this morning on DE 1612 and i noticed while the screen was at Setup Completed Please Wait in the left corner it said "Peter Larsen was killed" and i joined a server with no one on it so i waited for the Setup to complete and was at a Empty terrain i had my Ghillie and had same Water, Blood, Food levels so i checked my inventory and got a Suprise all my gear was gone my Coyote backpack AS50, NVG, GPS, M4A1 CCO SD, M9 SD all gone i had nothing on me so i thought that it might just be a minor bug and i joined the same server again it spawned me on Kamenka Coast still with same water levels and so on i joined another server and still all gone ATM i'm hiding in some trees waiting for response

i know you are all busy working on the making of the stand alone version but please use 30 seconds to help a big fan of the game and maybe get my gear back.

Ingame name "Peter Larsen"

Thank you how ever you handle this Peter Larsen.

Edited by Peter Larsen

..ye that happens..

happened to me on my last character 4 times...there are several threads about this bug..but what u have to do, on the server where u "died" run to the last disconnect position and your "dead" body with all the nice gear u had will be lying on the floor.

loot your own "dead" body and that’s it...of Corse if the server meanwhile restated or if someone found your "dead" body than the body/gear will be gone...

I am not sure why its happening, but every time when something like this happened, I disconnected under a pie tree or on some step hills, not sure really.

Now I always before disconnect write my coordinates down..

Edited by snowcrAsh42

I've had this but it turned out the servers were private-hive servers that weren't properly labelled as such.

Theres a large number of private hives now and not all are listing that in the server name

they appear to be official hive connected servers from first glance.

Edited by jblackrupert

I've had this but it turned out the servers were private-hive servers that weren't properly labelled as such.

Maybe thats the problem?

Not private servers.

Its the Dayz Version, if I take my 1.7.2.6 character to a earlier version of Dayz, say a 1.7.2.5 server (either deliberately or by mistake) then I end up on the beach. Stay on 1.7.2.6 servers and you will be fine.

Its the Dayz Version, if I take my 1.7.2.6 character to a earlier version of Dayz, say a 1.7.2.5 server (either deliberately or by mistake) then I end up on the beach. Stay on 1.7.2.6 servers and you will be fine.

i dont think so, coz i went to some server with lower ver. just got the message about wrong ver. next time i logged in the right version server without problems..and i heard a comment about downgrading DayZ and i never did downgrade my DayZ ver.

@Peter Larsen do as i told u and with a bit of luck you will be fine...but I don’t know why I am trying to help a AS50 owner, one less sniper I have to worry about.. <_<

I don't actually use the AS50 because i don't like doing ambush i always confront players first well my gear is gone because the server restarted when i was trying to get back to my location...