Sign in to follow this  
LastAct

Another way to fix lag in dayZ. |No Downloads|

Hello, I haven't made any helpful posts in a while, so i found this out. As for all who haven't read my previous post about FPS lag. Please take a look and if it helps thank me. Okay. To start off. Make sure you want it on a profile. Such as, If you have more than one. You can do it to your main. Or the others if you prefer. This will help, may make the game look worse, (Haven't noticed myself). But it does help with lag.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Instructions:

1: Head over to "My Documents" than head over to "Arma 2" or "Arma 2 Other Profiles" (If you have another profile you want less lag with".

2: Now, open up these 2 files, "ARMAOAPROFILE" and "ARMA2PROFILE" (Most likely the one's on the bottom with your main in-game name)

3: Now open "ARMAOAPROFILE" with notepad and look for "ShadingQuality", "SceneComplexity", and "MouseSmoothing" and "TerrianGrid".

4: Now change "ShadingQuality" to 0. "Scenecomplexity" to "150000", "MouseSmoothing" to 1. And "TerrianGrid" to 50.

5: Make sure to do this to the other "ARMA2PROFILE" and other profiles you made.

6: profit.

WARNING: You do not have to do the MouseSmoothing part if you don't want to.

WARNING #2: If you do the following "TerrianGrid" if you place it at "50" Your "ObjectsQuality" will be very low and your TerrianQuality will be at very low also. So you can experiment with it. But the max is 50!.

Haven't seen my other post? Here is another way to fix lag!:http://dayzmod.com/f...t-no-downloads/

Edited by LastAct

why the actual f... would you willingly activate mouse smoothing?

I have my mousesmoothing at 1 and it actually helps me a bit. Don't know how but w/e =p

What does "terrian grid" do? (Terrain grid?)

Why would a change for this parameter matter?

Thanks for the tips !

For me: Visibility ~1900 is best. I think most FPS are conducted to this..

• Like 1

Thanks for the tips !

For me: Visibility ~1900 is best. I think most FPS are conducted to this..

Interesting.... i thought this was set server side. May try it :thumbsup:

What does "terrian grid" do? (Terrain grid?)

Why would a change for this parameter matter?

Hello!. TerrianGrid is most likely the "Object Details and Terrian Details" The lower the number the better it looks, the higher the number the worse it looks. Such as at 50. the settings are at very low. At 40 maybe very low - low. The default is 25. but you can adjust and play with it.