Sign in to follow this  
masterofnothing

Signature Check timed Out - constant kicks

Hello,

I've been playing DayZ for a while now. Never had any major difficulties, up to now. I keep getting kicked from servers with only the message that I was kicked (no reason stated). My friends have been able to tell me that the server states that my player's 'Signature Check timed Out'. To my knowledge, this happens on every server (at least all that I've tried - 25 servers or so). Both Hive and private. I have been looking around for the past couple of days, but I haven't been able to find a solution. I tried some things myself, which have not alleviated the problem:

-Reinstalled Arma 2, Arma 2 OA (I have the Steam version) and DayZ multiple times

-I have tried Six Launcher, Play withSix, DayZ Commander (my Play withSix installation won't even load into the game, somehow)

-Updated, reinstalled BattlEye manually and updated again. BattlEye is functional, because it does show messages when I join (nothing out of the ordinary)

-Tried verifying the cache in steam of Arma 2 / OA, which generally states that 1 file is missing, which will be downloaded. This then doesn't happen - at all. Reinstalling gives the same results.

-I tried fixing DayZ with Six Updater most recently, using the 'check and repair' function that it has, but this doesn't work either

-Tried different Arma2 beta patches

-Removed all firewall protection. Still no luck

From what I gather, people generally assume it's a network problem. I doubt it, since I was able to play DayZ on the same internet connection for quite a while, without problem. Moreover, it's a cable 60 mbit down, 6 mbit upload line which always performs well (low latency, and always reaches the same speeds).

I don't know if this problem surfaced since some update, because I hadn't played DayZ for a few weeks. For form, some more information and the TL;DR version:

I have the Steam version of Arma 2

I am currently running ARMA2_OA_Build_97982, but have tried slighly older ones too

I've launched the game using several methods. All produce the same problem (as stated above). Only Play withSix won't even launch.

The problem is that I keep being booted from every game, with the only message to me being that I was kicked. The server will echo: <my player's name> Signature Check timed Out

I own an i7 920 @ 4 ghz, ATi 4890 1GB videocard, 6GB @ 2ghz tripple channel RAM, 640 GB HDD Spinpoint F1 all on an Asus P6T SE motherboard.

I have looked at the threads, found no answers, looked on the internet and found only more things that didn't work

Any help would be appreciated.

Curver.

Edit: I'll try reinstalling once more... *sighs*

Edited by Curver
  • Like 1

Reading around, I've the thought it's a BE error-related. Have you tried downloading the lastest BattleEye .dll from their site and popplin'it in your BE directory. That may enable the client (you) to get a response from BE.

Have you installed any 'more' mods lately? Perhaps cut&paste those "@" folders into an other directory to see if there's a conflict between A2:OA and those mods.

Reading around, I've the thought it's a BE error-related. Have you tried downloading the lastest BattleEye .dll from their site and popplin'it in your BE directory. That may enable the client (you) to get a response from BE.

I have reinstalled BE a few times, also copying the .dll to its correct location. BE appears responsive, yet I still get kicked.

Have you installed any 'more' mods lately? Perhaps cut&paste those "@" folders into an other directory to see if there's a conflict between A2:OA and those mods.

Well, I did a full reinstall before, and only installed @DayZ, which still didn't work. Right now I'm reinstalling again.

Okay, so I'm back. Did a completely clean install. Followed the standard procedure (boot Arma 2, boot Arma 2 OA, etc...). This time I opted for the good old DayZ Commander method. Installed DayZ, updated to Arma 2 beta patch. Booted it. BE updated. I played for three minutes and was kicked. Again. So, does anyone have a clue to what's happening?

Edited by Curver

I have exactly the same problem, Been playing for three weeks with no troubles. Now i can play for 30 minutes before being kicked for 'Signature check timing out' my friends say.

Tried everything i can think of but nothing has worked. So frustrating.

Good to hear I'm not the only one with difficulty.

Anyway, DayZ is too awesome to disregard. So I'll keep trying new things. If there are suggestions, I'd be glad to try them too.

Edit:

I deleted everything (including registry keys), then reinstalled. Same problem. Then I set up a DMZ on my router (my computer). I joined a random server and I played for a few hours. I'm hoping I won't get kicked off other servers as well. I'll try somewhere tomorrow.

Edited by Curver
  • Like 1

Please let me know how it turns out. I'm pulling my hair out.

Sometimes I think its fixed as I play for 45 minutes to an hour....then bam!

I'm currently downloading again after deleting all traces. Will give the DMZ idea a try if i can figure out how todo it! :)

I played all day. Only kicked once, but that may have been for other reasons (the server was lagging). The signature check timed out is probably a network problem. Which is odd, since I have fast internet (60mbit down, 6 up) and no other game has any issues (BF3, CS GO, CSS, even Arma 2 itself included). Luckily DayZ is working fine right now. Hope it stays that way.

You could try just configuring the router's firewall first, forwarding, etc. That didn't work for me, but that doesn't mean it won't work for you. DMZ is not the best option, because it removes every firewall protection.

It didn't work for me, thought it had as I played for over an hour.

Both hardware and software firewalls off. Once it happened it started every 20 minutes again, seemed to be mainly when in vehicles as well which is really annoying.

This problem happened to me, all in one day. I was playing perfectly fine, I close DayZ for about 3 hours, come back to it and start it up, get a good hour into it, then I get a random kick. It was a private hive, and the admin was nice enough to help me with the issue, saying it had to do with my router or modem. Checked everything from firewall, to DayZ mod installation, to Arma II fixing in steam. Nothing at all worked.

I have not downloaded any other mods at all, never messed around with my DayZ files.

I'm starting to draw a conclusion here that we haven't fucked anything up. I'm pretty sure either BattlEye or Bohemia is the cause of the problem. Must be a mess up in something from a patch.

I'm glad to hear I'm not alone, and I hope we get the attention of the developers, because this is a spreading problem.

Hey, having the same problem, was working fine then out of no where a couple days ago and now it won't stop happening. I even tried another cd-key, it still happens but not quite as much which could be a coincidence. When it happens to me though my inventory is consistently being mess up, from deleting the items I just recently picked up to wiping my entire inventory. It's making the game almost unplayable as I don't know if I'm going to get booted in the middle of a firefight or lose my whole day of looting.

It would be nice if someone could figure out the solution to this as I have tried just about everything from reinstalling battleye (& everything else) to port-forwarding.

And I too have a very good internet connection as well so I find it hard to believe it's my internet.

Edited by Wolf Li

I'm having the same issue so I'm bumping your thread and linking mine, hopefully it will catch the attention of someone with an understanding of the issue to help us resolve this cursed annoyance.

http://dayzmod.com/f...erver-relaunch/

Edited by SgtSnug
  • Like 1

I was changing setting's in my router and decided to change my MTU that was setup for xbox live (so that it can have an open NAT) and put it to auto setting (which is 1500 at default) and managed to solve my signature check timed out.

Hopefully this helps out anyone with this solution.

Edited by SirNippil

SirNippil, I am terrible with computers and i was wondering how you changed your router settings?

Edit: i got it

Edited by SamuelBae