kabs

What i hate and love about the mod

1.70 + beta 93701

love:

-environment

-good mass of items (for a alpha)

-fear

hate:

-tents placing / tent robbery (only desperating to get good stuff that is ever stolen.... and really ... no one would hide his stuff in a tent if your mod would be real... anyone would dig good stuff into earth or keep it elswere not to be found.......). So this is totally nonsense and gives the player nothing to progress....

-all the zombie bugs that hopefully better with the next patch...

-player hunters everywhere.... well its ok that some players may be the bad guys.... but again ... if it would be real just a few guys would just shot ppl wich may be more help than just (loot)........... also just a few may be give up on mankind.... so this is totally bullshit too. Its just another sniper camper feature for all the nerds knowing they dont have any disatvantage since its a game.....

-first shot and not even robbery.............. yeah for sure anyone would just shot ppl for fun in a zombie world.................. -.-

-there are too less vehicles in your world. totally nonsense that just few should be rdy to ride.

-not enough houses are passable... yeah really realistic.....

-zombies much too fast.... did you ever see a good zombie movie in wich zobies running like burning turkeys ? -.-

-Nighttimes in wich you can see any shit ? just spawning and cant do any shit or loot because i dont see anything ? ......................... yeah really good ..................

And now all the fat snipers, kiddo mankind hater pretenders (wich are aksing their moms for dinner after reading this) and clanmembers wich cant understand single playing guys can start flaming as ever..........

i only hope that some devs care for ppl like me and my opinion.

nice name lunakhod............... did u get your two stars from just answering with nonsense ? great !

I get the feeling you hate it.

i will just not play it anymore before its better. cant understand how its hyped that big with so many problems. for me it looks overhyped.

now i want to tell my short story and why i also will avoid playing this again until it's better or even more fair. yes yes yes, surwiving never is so fair ... but come on, nobody shoot you for your beans. it's so easy to get food which gives so much blood back... and you can refill water.

what me really pisses off from the game are much more other things right now. so where to start this, there are so many points.

when i search for servers it happens so often where i find passworded servers with 1 to 5 players and i'm absolutely sure about what is going on there. that's the good thing getting your own server because you just need to write "test" close it for othe rplayers and now your up with your friends to go and get urself the best loot and if you are finished you can open it again for the crowd, just to kill all the "noobs". i bet this is the main case in all these passworded servertests! therefore this game is really unfair for people who just play. however, i must say i don't care much about being shot by such players... i'm 43 and just waste some time with playing sometimes. and at 95% i got killed by snipers. they do it just for fun, not for your stuff. there is no reason.. most of the time i got makarov or 1911 and a winchester.. never had a big backpack... so why should someone with top gear shoot me? nope, it's just for the fun and because to make me start over again. sorry guys.. i really don't care about your empty lives ... it's nice you can play a computer game, i prefer to just play games for fun and have a real live with "top gear".. makes more sense for me.

but what pisses me really off is the ridiculous boring start after you got killed. yes, it was interesting the first one or two times in the "new world". but now i am just bored to hell. my last character was alive for a week or so because i avoided all these crowded places .. therefore i also did only have a winchester and a 1911. at least quite enough to surwive. i also found yesterday 2 helicopter crash sites and got a sniper rifle with nightvision which i completely lost after i left the server. when i came back into the game a few hours later i lost completely everything ... only the stuff like watch, compass knife... this stuff was still there, but no weapons. well, i surwived 30 minutes, got a ak-something rifle ... just to get killed one minute later. well, loosing your stuff when gou got the first time somethign very good really sucks... but shit happens in a alpha, so i am just a little sad... hahaha.

and again to start over..and again and again. yesterday seems it was the national holiday of idiots. but again, i don't complain about it because i have a free will and i do not need to play the game, i can do other things as well. but the startover is so boring when you know the game. i do not need the ingame map because it's absolutely useless in 99%. i can use a second computer in which i have always the map open and where i can use my own points of interest. but the first 30 to 90 minutes after every new start you first have to find your "surwival kit" which consits of compass, watch, matches, knife, the hatchet thingy and a bigger backpack. sorry, but this bores me to hell. i told many of my friends about this mod because some of them - even in our age - sometimes have fun to get into a game. i told them much and about how cool this mod is ... and not i tell all of them they should not get it because this ridiculous boring start after you died absolutely kills my mood to continue this.

you can kill me 100 times and i don't care .... but starting again somewhere at the beach with nothing but your wet pants on... even far away from any usefull place, no thank you. i love to waste my time in computer games, but this is too much waste!!! last time i restarted about 20 times before i spawned near a town. haha, yes i know, in this time i could have already walked to the next town.

the last thing is - which is in my case the point which kills the game - is the fact that there is almost no chance for a single player to get some good stuff to be competitive against serverowners who can close their server to get themselves what they want just without being disturbed by other "noob" players like me. it's the fact that the best things spawn only in a vew places which are always and in every server camped. after i visited almost all villages on the map i do not see any sense to visit these villages again - only if i need ammo for the winchester and the 1911 which spawn at a good rate. also a point which makes better weapons for me useless because they are useless without their special ammo.

so coming to the end now. this mod could be a cool thing.... but there is absolutely no balance in it. sorry friends, but if surwiving means i have to get my my own server in which i have to "test close" just to get me some gear .... no thanks. a nice try, but it's jsut a computer game, not the real world! the hype is very big on this - as it was on the star wars mmo (and we all see what happened with star wars after such short time!). i am not a game developer, i prefer to make more money much easier in real lif, but DayZ has of course potential and it was even funny to walk for hours to the forests to surwive. but the developers here have to need some big ideas to make this game more fun to play in the first 2 hours which i talked about earlier. collecting all these things bores me to hell.

so until now i was always a friendly player and never ever killed another one, if i will play again this will change completely. i am german, but then i will play the "american way" which means, shoot first, ask later. again something i do not like. killing someone jsut to be sure he does not kill you.... this is a matter why a retail game wich works in such way will never be able to be sold in germany. killing other people just without sense makes it impossible to be sold here in my country.

anyway ... a game lives and dies with it's users. games like this here seems to attract idiots a lot. i always think theys should get a life... but instead i quit and go back to my life as many other will, i am sure about it. i bought arma2 also just for this mod and never played it before .... but arma2 is a cool thing, so i bought now also all other addons and waste my time there now.

so as long serverowners (and their friends) have such advantages it makes no sense for me to come back again. stuff you find when your server is passworded should be deleted later and refilled by the stuff you had before,

and never forget, it's just and only a GAME.

1. i love how you have to eat food.

2. my second favorite thing is drinking water.

I hate

1. killing zombies, the reason i got this game!

2. i hate teaming up with other players.

i will just not play it anymore before its better. cant understand how its hyped that big with so many problems. for me it looks overhyped.

I don't know what you heard from people, but I wouldn't call it overhyped at all. It got a lot of press as a game with nothing else like it out there. Love it or hate it, it is unique. It is also in alpha, so there are going to be lots of issues.

Anyone I have seen talking about DayZ has been very upfront about how unforgiving the game is, and how many bugs it has.

at least i gave all the pros i could find.

i didnt played the game alone and all the guys playing with me said the same:

"too much sneaky time for just a second of headshot death or maybe 1 minute of really action"

this was released too soon in my opinion and i think most players will just buy another game like max payne 3 or somth. were all around is action and progress.

most of them may not write here since they not zombie game addicted like me.

so its no wonder that all of you call threads like this "whine thread"

just sad that ppl who write this cant respect others wishes and just want to go on selfish snipering wich they may do in every other stupid sniper game.....

i think there should be servers in wich u cant shot other players just directly. instead there should be some sort of a outlaw system.

then all you pro snipers can stay on your stupid sniper everything servers if u wish and we others can do our role play/ team play as we would wish.

"hi, i am new to this game and clearly have not progressed beyond the starting areas, however i believe it should be changed to suit me better, at the expense of everyone else"

people call it a whine thread because it is a thread consisting of you whining. stop it.

"hi' date=' i am new to this game and clearly have not progressed beyond the starting areas, however i believe it should be changed to suit me better, at the expense of everyone else"

people call it a whine thread because it is a thread consisting of you whining. stop it.

[/quote']

retarded forum account changer....

go away and if this thread doesnt suit to your little... rub your sniper gun there.

So basically what you are saying is that everyone who don't agree with you are either kids in early teens or hardcore clan players and that everyone in between don't like the game? pff..

This game isn't for everyone and just because the slow paced style of the game don't suit you it doesn't make it bad. If you want more action then play something else. Saying the game is broken because you don't like it is just wierd...

"too much sneaky time for just a second of headshot death or maybe 1 minute of really action"

this was released too soon in my opinion and i think most players will just buy another game like max payne 3 or somth. were all around is action and progress.

Now the go back to X game calling is stupid, but damn, go back to CoD.

It's not a fast paced shooter, it's a survival game, it's supposed to be slow paced. If you just want action all the time it's not for you.

Secondly this game has not been released, it's a mod in alpha. You didn't pay for it so how can you compare it to a AAA game that you have to pay for that's been developed for years.

"this was released too soon in my opinion and i think most players will just buy another game like max payne 3 or somth. were all around is action and progress."

You do know this is a mod right and not a proper released game? By that statement I think you think you bought DayZ. You did not buy Dayz you bought ARMA 2. Dayz is free and the game is not "released" you are bug testing it as it is in ALPHA and ALPHAS are buggy and messy.

Did you even think before you posted?

most of them may not write here since they not zombie game addicted like me.

so its no wonder that all of you call threads like this "whine thread"

just sad that ppl who write this cant respect others wishes and just want to go on selfish snipering wich they may do in every other stupid sniper game.....

i think there should be servers in wich u cant shot other players just directly. instead there should be some sort of a outlaw system.

then all you pro snipers can stay on your stupid sniper everything servers if u wish and we others can do our role play/ team play as we would wish.

The game is slow and deliberate. It's meant to be that way. If you don't like that, why are you suggesting it be changed when there are literally dozens of other games out there with faster paced action? I also hate the "go back to CoD" sayers, but it fits perfectly here. Go back to CoD, kiddo, and quit trying to turn DayZ into some bland, generic manshoot.

You can hide the tent? Alpha. No. No. Absolutely not - vehicles are supposed to be rare. ...and incredibly balanced. Balance again, it would be easy if the zombies shuffled at you with the speed of a snail. Get some NVGs or turn the gamma up.

omg this is so funny...... guys who dont even know what they talking about or what i was talking about XD

"money for nothin chicks for free"

Yay! Another idiot spouting a load of shit with very bad use of grammar!

What a waste of forum space.

Not empty quoting. Give the mods a bit more power to trim the replica moan threads that have zero content.

btw. i know exactly what a mod is since i did work on some of them for myself and also on a commercial addon.

i didnt say that the game is that bad but i still have my points why i am saying what i want to say in my opinion.

everyone knows that the alpha is still buggy and the game is sorta broken in some parts.

all what i see here is flaming about ppl want to give their feedback to advance the mod into a proper product for everyone and not only for YES HARDCORE CLAN MEMBERS WICH ONLY SIT AROUND SNIPING AS THEY DID IN OTHER SHITTY SNIPER GAMES BEFORE!

in this alpha there isnt really a good way to progress. furthermore some of the roleplayers who wish for some more different things instead just getting shot by everyone on every server are just flamed by you missunderstanding ignorants like most ppl here.

in a good survival game there wouldnt be only killers. You can be happy if you find one person from thousands not directly shooting on you for the riflerub that wouldnt be that like in a real survival world.

if you cant accept my points just stay on playing if youre happy with it and go away from flaming other ppls wishes.

i think from all what i see in this forums and from friends played the mod i am not alone with my opinion. just make your pro thread if u like to but dont blame others wich want to give their contra feedbacks.

and yes i will not play this anymore before its better(fixed)/stable/casual friendly and balanced with any sort of progress than just itemfarming and getting shot by idiots wich you can find in any other sniper nerdly game.

Yay! Another idiot spouting a load of shit with very bad use of grammar!

What a waste of forum space.

China called...they want they're wall back.

yeah nice complaining about others grammar xD "they´re" lol

youre really funny maybe you should go behind "their" wall ! ^^