LBGamer

Always dead?

So i was playing dayz for the first time, then i died and now i just cant respawn, the hourglass in the screen is not moving, what i can do? (Cant press anything)

Edited by LBGamer

Can You disconnect? if so do and re-join, and Is the Hourglass moving?

Cant disconnect, just alt+f4 and the hourglass dont move

Gonna try that sorryforshooting

Can someone link me a tutorial to install a old version please?

Thanks.

Edited by LBGamer

If your leg is broken, you can hit respawn, or if you're bleeding just load up the game and alt+tab for a bit until you bleed out. Otherwise, best way to downgrade is using DayZ commander. Where are you at exactly? I could just run to you and wake you up.

Edited by HerrJon

If your leg is broken, you can hit respawn, or if you're bleeding just load up the game and alt+tab for a bit until you bleed out. Otherwise, best way to downgrade is using DayZ commander. Where are you at exactly? I could just run to you and wake you up.

I dont really know, i enter in the game then i just fall and the hourglass appear, not moving :(

I dont really know, i enter in the game then i just fall and the hourglass appear, not moving :(

When you spawn in, it'll say on the bottom right corner of the screen:

Chenarus

(location)

Day (how long current character has survived)

Even just a town name would give my an idea, I can fish you out from there.

Edited by HerrJon

Chernarus

Wilderness

0 :(

Oh and i think theres water on my hand

Edited by LBGamer

Damn, you got the generic 'middle of nowhere' spawn. Well, I think that might be the far west spawn down by Kamenka, but I'm not sure. You may need to just get DayZ commander if you haven't already and do the downgrade to respawn.

Another thing I've heard about is when you're loading up and it says "setup complete, please wait..." you are able to open up your options and the respawn button isn't greyed out until you load up. I haven't tried it all the way through since I don't want to lose my gear, but I did just check and see if the button was active. You can try that and go from there.

Sorry your first dayz experience has been sucky. The game does have bugs, and you unfortunately stumbled into one of the nastier ones. It is a blast once you get going though. If nothing on the technical side of things works for you, I'll do my best to find you, but after west of Kamenka, I'd just be guessing. I'll be happy to pick you up my with my motorcycle and take you where you like when you wake up, but for now I don't think I can help you.

Edit: Also, try going into a different server if you haven't already. Could also see if your thirst/hunger meters are decreasing, if so you could just leave the game running for an hour or two and die of thirst. Sounds silly, but if it works, it works.

Edited by HerrJon

I couldnt respawn even in the 1.7.2.3 version, i'm hating this mod right now, but i'm having fun with arma 2 atleast :P

Cant wait for The War Z x_x

Thanks so much for the help man

Arma 2 is so much fun. I hope you get dayz to work. I know there's a reason why so many people keep spawning in unconscious but I don't know what it is. I've no idea if the developers are even aware of the problem. If anyone can help here, please do. :thumbsup:

You can't bring up the Esc menu while unconscious, lol. Someone has to go help him! He's east of Kamenka. I'd go but I logged out at Devil's Castle last night and don't have an epi-pen. :C

East of Kamenka huh? Well that makes sense, it is a bit of a stretch between towns. LBGamer, I'll make my way down there. I'll be on this afternoon (CST) so to set something up, if you have teamspeak you can find me on ts.dayzmedics.com or just add me on steam (in the sig). If you go on the teamspeak and I'm not there, I'm sure there will be at least one medic on who can help you.

• Like 1

Well i'm the unluckiest player in the world :P

I'm without mic now D:

Unfortunately a hacker teleported to us after I healed him and killed us both, but you can play now at least.

• Like 3

Unfortunately a hacker teleported to us after I healed him and killed us both, but you can play now at least.

Thanks so so so so so much for the help

Also, spawned right next to our bodies, and the killer left everything except my coyote backpack, replaced it with an Alice pack. Was even kind enough to not hide our bodies. Very strange, but w/e.

Best of luck LBGamer, don't give up on this game yet. And look forward to standalone.