mistan

Snowy Dayz concept art

DAyz%20snow%20concept.jpg

Thought about all the cool stuff that snow can add to the gameplay experience with blood trails, Faked blood trails.

Foot prints.

Extreme cold and clothing actually mattering and equipment need to be payd alot more mind to. Aswell as we still have zombies and other players to mind.

Shelter mattering for some occasions during gameplay having to move from building to building

massive blinding blizzards that occur during gameplay .. eerie wind howls, Icey lakes that you can drown in and rescue friends from small mountain ranges with icey sides actually getting your leg broken out of a real reason as slipping off.

zombiefied wolfs that HUNT you! actually tracks you. Audio cues in the middle of the night the howls... The cold.

Dat immersion

• Like 15

almost, i made them from photos and some photoshopping. just to get the idea i across quickly. it's alot of photos to create these so in a sense yeah sure i made them.

I think we will see this in the future. Rocket said he wanted multiple maps for the standalone and a snowy map, placed on Alaska or a remote Scandinavian location would be nice.

Hunted%20by%20wolves.jpg

How it could be being tracked and hunted by wolves in the snowy landscape of Dayz. Would be amazing to have the feeling of having something constantly being on your tail you are aware of it but you need to get rid of it the tracking the wolves have on you.

And snowshoes. And snow-mobiles. Horse-drawn sleighs. And SNOWBALLS!!

And maybe zombie Santa won't only be in the smokestack.

Hunted%20by%20wolves.jpg

How it could be being tracked and hunted by wolves in the snowy landscape of Dayz. Would be amazing to have the feeling of having something constantly being on your tail you are aware of it but you need to get rid of it the tracking the wolves have on you.

The Grey? I also mentioned before about a map set in Alaska,But anywhere snowy would do. Edited by DanielTy88

Actually yeah pretty much like how the movie The grey is.

It would be really cool if they are more passive though instead of the zombies going apeshit when they see you i want the wolfes to be more cautious. and circle you show up and leave and such, proper stalking.

and when you least expect it BAAM! they will attack.

Unless you figure out a way to get them off your trail of course.

Blood bag, meat, Fire,

can still shoot em but that does not necissarily get them of your trail. want that eerie feeling that it isent a problem but it potentially could be one...

Maybe a bit complicated but i mean one can dream can he not?

RREEEAAALLY like this aspect of the game. With great visual content and some patch to add some feature. It makes think about field tracking, recognise footprints even when not in snow... could add a lot of game play.

Great idea! it would be nice to capture the atmosphere of the film "The Thing"

You inspired me to this sketch :)

LWc6H.jpg

• Like 2

P.Y.T i think we are thinking the same language here.

More influence from great thrillers or horror movies that got the tone right.

The Thing

The grey

But also dwells in the survival aspect... such a cool painting dude . I dident spend even a 100th of a effort on what i made haha.

But great to get support and vision on this.

I would really love to see a snow map for DayZ, imagine its the first winter in a apocalypse like that.... That has to be really terrifying

Another cool thing would be blizzards, you need to find a house or something else where you can get some protection.... or you can see the outline of a man in the snow storm and you're are using your VOIP not sure if he's a zombie or another survivor...

Edited by StupidMachine