KageStodder

Survival servers and the provided service by them.

Hi,

A couple of weeks ago i cancelled my server at survival servers because i didnt really play DayZ anymore. In my ticket i requested that my server be cancelled so that i wouldnt get any invoice mails and stuff like that. A quick anwser from their service "Done". Sure enough, server wasnt mine anymore.

But then yesturday i was charged on my bank account eventhough my server was cancelled. No problem i thought, i will just write them and get my money back. its been close to 24 hours now and no anwser. But when i asked them about changing to a private hive last month they repplied within 1 hour. But al right they would earn 10 bucks on me switching to a private hive so a fast repply ould be in their favor then. I've contactet paypal, hopefully they will give me my money back......

So i hereby unrecommend survival servers, for now at least.

Regards

• Like 1

I don't know the situation, so I am not going to comment on that, but a warning to ALL community members, regardless of who your host is:

PayPal won't be able to help you, there is no buyer protection for services. All it takes is one small phone call from the host and the claim is found in their favor automatically.

Edited by urbanfox

You must of created a subscription via paypal when you signed up with them. I'm pretty sure that is something you need to cancel on your end..

PayPal > Profile > My Money > My preapproved payments

You must of created a subscription via paypal when you signed up with them. I'm pretty sure that is something you need to cancel on your end..

Yes, its my fault then... Thats not my problem, my problem is they wont anwser. Any decent company would see the misunderstanding and at least reply.

It has only been 24 hours, we cannot respond to every ticket immediately.

We will gladly give you a refund there is no need to bash us on the forums for having to wait 24 hours, please send me a message with the ticket #. We did not ignore you, we have been filling tons of orders and it has just been a busy couple of days.

We are happy to work with you, just have a little patience :)

It is not our responsibility to cancel your subscription.

1. Log in to your PayPal account.
  2. Click Profile near the top of the page.
  3. Click My money.
  4. Click Update beside 'My pre-approved payments.'
  5. Click the name of the subscription you wish to cancel.
  6. Click Cancel.

Edited by SurvivalServers
  • Like 1

The lack of patients I see is amazing sometimes. ALL businesses have busy times and slow times, sometimes u get lucky with a 1 hour response, sometimes you don't. Yes, it is your responsibility to know how and when money comes out of your accounts. I made this mistake once, and it took 2 days for the company to refund me. I have never had an issue with Defcon or Survival servers... maybe because I can wait for an answer when I send in a ticket.

Is it me or are people just so self absorbed now a days that they think they are the only customer for a business?

Read their page and read their posts here and you will see for the last few days they have been adding MODS, MAPS, UPDATES, and a new HIVE update... for those of us that understand that things take time.

Edited by Khyron_UN
  • Like 2

I would like to add I have personally received financial compensation from Survival Servers and they are a financially responsible company. When they say they will refund money they do it. It might not be right that second but they take care of their customers.

Edit: That sounded weird but basically I had to cancel the wrong server type I bought and they refunded me within 24 hours.

Edited by Painer

I don't know the situation, so I am not going to comment on that, but a warning to ALL community members, regardless of who your host is:

PayPal won't be able to help you, there is no buyer protection for services. All it takes is one small phone call from the host and the claim is found in their favor automatically.

For what it's worth - PayPal will ALWAYS favor the customer in transactions in which no physical goods were involved, deemed "virtual goods" by paypal. You are absolutely guaranteed to get a refund as a customer who has purchased digital goods. It is in their AUP and I know this from experience.

For what it's worth - PayPal will ALWAYS favor the customer in transactions in which no physical goods were involved, deemed "virtual goods" by paypal. You are absolutely guaranteed to get a refund as a customer who has purchased digital goods. It is in their AUP and I know this from experience.

But, you aren't providing "virtual goods". You are providing a service which is not covered by buyer protection. Mention it's a service and they will rule in the seller's favor.

Let's not muddy the actual facts here...

People are NOT covered by PayPal when they rent servers, regardless of the host.

But, you aren't providing "virtual goods". You are providing a service which is not covered by buyer protection. Mention it's a service and they will rule in the seller's favor.

Let's not muddy the actual facts here...

People are NOT covered by PayPal when they rent servers, regardless of the host.

I'm sorry mate I disagree with you completely, I've had hundreds and hundreds of unwarranted buyer dispute claims that we are forced to refund because even if you call PayPal they will say "There is no seller protection for digital goods", this is a fairly well known fact among service providers. This applies to a wide variety of intangible services including DayZ Server rentals. I can provide some transcripts of e-mail correspondance I've had with paypal on the matter as well as testimony from various service providers if you don't believe me, but you can just google it yourself

PayPal has and always will favor buyers over sellers. You are correct in saying that buyer protection only applies to tangible goods, but it is not necessary to win a dispute.

Edited by ersan191

I'm sorry mate I disagree with you completely, I've had hundreds and hundreds of unwarranted buyer dispute claims that we are forced to refund because even if you call PayPal they will say "There is no seller protection for digital goods", this is a fairly well known fact among service providers. This applies to a wide variety of intangible services including DayZ Server rentals. I can provide some transcripts of e-mail correspondance I've had with paypal on the matter as well as testimony from various service providers if you don't believe me, but you can just google it yourself

PayPal has and always will favor buyers over sellers. You are correct in saying that buyer protection only applies to tangible goods, but it is not necessary to win a dispute.

I agree with urbanfox here.

Virtual goods are things such as movie downloads or software. Hosting a game server is a continuous service. You do have them up them up 24/7, right?

You say you've had hundreds and hundreds of buyer dispute claims against you. ...I think that says enough about you or your "business" practices and "services" right there.

I agree with urbanfox here.

Virtual goods are things such as movie downloads or software. Hosting a game server is a continuous service. You do have them up them up 24/7, right?

What he just said.

I just had this happen to me as well about a few months ago. The offending party will shall remain nameless. I lost, and when I called I was told straight up it was because it's a service. No questions asked, the seller wins.

If you click on those links you'll see that services are also not supported by seller protection, it only applies to tangible goods that are shipped.

Virtual goods applies to anything that isn't tangible, whether it is a recurring service or a one-time purchase does not matter - ask PayPal.

We've had hundreds of complaints because we have tens of thousands of customers and some will abuse the system to try and get free services as well as people using hacked paypal accounts to buy things with, but thanks for the accusation (maybe you missed the word "unwarranted").

Maybe it can go either way, I don't know. But we've resigned to just refunding them instead of trying to fight them because it's not worth the time and energy.

Edited by ersan191

The majority of your links were talking about MMO accounts etc....

Straight from PayPal from my last dispute:

Status

After careful consideration, we're unable to decide this claim in your favor at this time.

The item is ineligible for PayPal Buyer Protection because it is intangible.

SO, consider this a PSA everyone, you are NOT covered by buyer protection. Regardless of what anyone says.

Edited by urbanfox

Paypal got me $40 back from a cancelled subscription gone wrong.

Host said "Sorry, you now have a credit on your account."

Paypal said "No, give back the money."

Edit:

This was just a few weeks ago and it took about a month to 'process'.

Edited by RS-Dolph

Paypal got me $40 back from a cancelled subscription gone wrong.

Host said "Sorry, you now have a credit on your account."

Paypal said "No, give back the money."

Edit:

This was just a few weeks ago and it took about a month to 'process'.

"Paypal got me $40 back from a cancelled subscription gone wrong."

Yes, on a cancelled subscription. That was the basis for your claim and refund.

I'm talking about disputes involving ongoing service.