Sign in to follow this  
ProfessorKoble

Fishing,swimming, Fishing rod, and Raw Fish!

Evening ladies my name is ProfessorKoble, Today here i'am posting two new suggestions.

Know lets get straight into it.

Fishing:I think there should be a option to fish, This requires you to have a fishing rod and a boat, This lets you catch raw fish while your in the boat, After you are done fishing you will be required to cook it in order to eat it.....

Fishing rod: Know i haven't seen no activity happening in the docks in Dayz. I'am hoping that this fishing rod will spawn ONLY IN THE DOCKS and hopefully this will create more activity in the docks.

Raw fish: Raw fish can only be catched in the ocean.

Swimming:Know i'am making this suggestion because i'am sick of doing froggy swimming, This is way to slow for players to get to other island's. I think there should be a option where you can actually swim.......

• Like 2

Most of the ways of getting food inland and coastal are pretty balanced, good idea!

It's a good idea,but it has already been discussed before.As for only being able to fish from a boat is stupid...I can stand on the shore/bank and fish so why not in the game as well?Going around to try and find a boat is already hard as it is.Unless a little fishing boat could be added that wasn't so rare.

Evening ladies my name is ProfessorKoble, Today here i'am posting two new suggestions.

Know lets get straight into it.

Fishing:I think there should be a option to fish, This requires you to have a fishing rod and a boat, This lets you catch raw fish while your in the boat, After you are done fishing you will be required to cook it in order to eat it.....

Fishing rod: Know i haven't seen no activity happening in the docks in Dayz. I'am hoping that this fishing rod will spawn ONLY IN THE DOCKS and hopefully this will create more activity in the docks.

Raw fish: Raw fish can only be catched in the ocean.

Swimming:Know i'am making this suggestion because i'am sick of doing froggy swimming, This is way to slow for players to get to other island's. I think there should be a option where you can actually swim.......

swimming is too slow? this isnt GTA, your wearing a bulletproof vest and a backpack full of god knows what, you should drown if your wearing a pack and should be forced to drop your things in a desperate attempt not to drown. fishing though is a great idea.

there was a server i used to play in arma 2 that was heavily modified using the takistan map which was like cops and robbers, it had an economy and even atm's you could withdraw or deposit at. but one of the features was being able to acquire a fishing rod, and fishing from the bank for different fish... in this server fish were sold for money and diferent types of fish had different values for cash... one pond may offer one type, a different location may offer something else... i see no reason why this couldnt be implemented into dayz to be able to acquire a fishing rod and being able to fish along the coast or other water areas for food, then just require the fish to be gutted, cooked before it could be consumed as food..

I'd like to see rods and kit spawn everywhere near a water source. In fact the only thing missing for me in this game is some rivers and streams.

(Facepalm) it's "NOW" not "KNOW"

just letting you know.

Also, I like the idea of fishing, but I don't think you should have to have a boat, dayz is realistic right?

Well, I've fished off docks/the shore line before so maybe you shouldn't have to have a boat to fish.

And the swimming thing I completely agree with!

(Facepalm) it's "NOW" not "KNOW"

just letting you know.

Also, I like the idea of fishing, but I don't think you should have to have a boat, dayz is realistic right?

Well, I've fished off docks/the shore line before so maybe you shouldn't have to have a boat to fish.

And the swimming thing I completely agree with!

I totally agree. Though you might need a boat to catch some bigger fish!!!

dayz is realistic right?

That really depends on your idea of reality :D