Sign in to follow this  
xxnazgulxx

Bandit Skin or something like that

We are a group of 8 friends we play dayz every day.

We want to find a solution to the collective paranoia in the game lately.

Today is impossible to find a survivor that dont shoot first and ask later... the survivors are killing each other.

When the bandit skin was activated, this did not happen ... The strangers were helping each other (sometimes, sometimes not).

We would like to be able to identify the bandits and decide whether to trust him or not ... with the skin or otherwise.

Don't know if it make any sense...

What you think?

I believe that the return of bandit skin could solve this problem.

PD: +1

yes I agree. the bandit skin is an artificial contrivance but its a small dose of unrealism to foster much more realistic gameplay overall.

There is nothing realistic about the giant deathmatch the game has become. In real life the penalty for screwing up is death, the penalty in the game is lose your gear and respawn: with that disparity in risk/reward this game will NEVER be a realistic survival simulator... to even get close you have to introduce artificial mechanics.

I beileve this mod isnt meant to be 'easy'. There shouldnt be a simple way to identify someones intentions. A lot of criminals on the street are not caught because they blend in, ya know?

I like rockets idea on the heartbeat identifier. Whatever is going to be implemented needs to be subtle. Not a huge red target on a person

yes I agree. the bandit skin is an artificial contrivance but its a small dose of unrealism to foster much more realistic gameplay overall.

There is nothing realistic about the giant deathmatch the game has become. In real life the penalty for screwing up is death' date=' the penalty in the game is lose your gear and respawn: with that disparity in risk/reward this game will NEVER be a realistic survival simulator... to even get close you have to introduce artificial mechanics.

[/quote']

That's why I would like to see a respawn penalty, not artificial mechanics. Death is supposed to suck more. You could still PK for fun but people would really really hate your guts and that's how it should be.

The bandit skin system sucked and punished people for self defense. -1

The heartbeat system for extremely negative humanity sounds much better. It's not a giant mile-away neon sign.

I would like some kind of indication that the guy I'm asking if friendly from a distance had some kind of visual hint that he was/is a bandit, the old system was kind of silly, in that you couldn't defend yourself without getting it. Maybe they could have a script that runs if you got shot at first, or if you shoot someone that was aiming at you, it's already got a way point indicator (10m from you is Periwinkle, he's a survivor "hey") could use that to maybe say "OH you killed that guy cause he took a shot at you, I get it, s'ok you can go no bandit stuff. bye brah."

maybe your guy can react while near them, like if the guy's a survivor with a good humanity, your guy calms down faster, if he's a bandit your guy starts to panic or shake cause he's nervous.

The bandit skin system sucked and punished people for self defense. -1

The heartbeat system for extremely negative humanity sounds much better. It's not a giant mile-away neon sign.

Yes, true. I think we do need something though, and as you say we're getting the heartbeat system anyway so that might well do the trick.

I didnt know it (about the punish for self defense of the skin).

The heartbeat sounds good...

Anything to improve player cooperation.

Rather then see the return of bandit skin to identify potential PKers, I would likr to see a skin for those who have a high humanity

I'd rather see no skin morphing, but if it was to be, I would rather see people rewarded for being a saint, instead of being punished for murdering other players

So what? Choose to be a bandit? Killed 2 people and my clothes magically change into the disguise of a bandit! So Realistic! I can't wait to see people magically change clothes before my eyes!

I hope the bandit skin never returns and you all collectively go mad from the stress/paranoia.

I think that if something like this would happen it shouldn't be too drastic. maybe if you can find some sort of red/green/colored band that you can tie around your arm. however this would be pretty bad. lets say that i am going around to find a player to kill. if i then put a green band (frendly) on i will gain someones trust then i just shoot him in the back. so something like this wouldn't be that good!:-/

I hope the bandit skin never returns and you all collectively go mad from the stress/paranoia.

But thats the problem, people arent "going mad from stress/paranoia" they are just shooting on sight, which is ruining the great potential this game has to foster coop play.

Rather then see the return of bandit skin to identify potential PKers' date=' I would likr to see a skin for those who have a high humanity

I'd rather see no skin morphing, but if it was to be, I would rather see people rewarded for being a saint, instead of being punished for murdering other players

[/quote']

I have proposed a mechanic with exactly that in mind that does not involve magical changing skins, and I would appreciate your feedback.

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=12093