turbomilk

Vehicle question

Just a quick question regarding vehicles, how do you keep them? My friends and I have had 4 different vehicles only to have them gone the next day. We have saved them multiple times and they were in pretty well hidden places. Its to the point of why waste time repairing it if its going to be gone the next day. Could we be doing something wrong? Thanks for the help

Just a quick question regarding vehicles, how do you keep them? My friends and I have had 4 different vehicles only to have them gone the next day. We have saved them multiple times and they were in pretty well hidden places. Its to the point of why waste time repairing it if its going to be gone the next day. Could we be doing something wrong? Thanks for the help

vehicles save properly where you leave them now, someone is probably just stealing them...

what did you save and what got stolen?

We had a pick up, 2 of the big trucks I'm not sure of the name and a uaz car. The uaz was behind a lone house way away from everything and the rest were in pine trees where we even had a hard time finding them.

And they were on pretty low pop servers.

I've heard that the server admins can see where cars are hidden?

What version are you running? Sometimes certain servers have trouble with vehicles saving location properly. However, people may just be finding them. Or a scripter can run a script that brings all vehicles to his location.

Arma 97448 and DayZ 1.7.2.6 so I should be good. Idk maybe people are finding them but its weird that they don't last more than a day on low pop servers

We had a pick up, 2 of the big trucks I'm not sure of the name and a uaz car. The uaz was behind a lone house way away from everything and the rest were in pine trees where we even had a hard time finding them.

And they were on pretty low pop servers.

I've heard that the server admins can see where cars are hidden?

Im not sure if Admins can check where the vehicles are but i know scripts do exist for it. Some admins may use this but i certainly don't. Generally i think you are just being unlucky where you are hiding your vehicles, nothing more depressing than logging back in the middle of nowhere to find your transport gone!

Yeah it sucks, plus the things we had in it too. Oh well I guess I won't waste my time on vehicles anymore.

Yeah it sucks, plus the things we had in it too. Oh well I guess I won't waste my time on vehicles anymore.

Im not sure if Admins can check where the vehicles are but i know scripts do exist for it. Some admins may use this but i certainly don't. Generally i think you are just being unlucky where you are hiding your vehicles, nothing more depressing than logging back in the middle of nowhere to find your transport gone!

Admins can check everything you own, what's in ur tents and ur cars and where you are on the map at any time and ur vehicles and ur tents. Nothing is safe from them and unfortunately not all admins use that privilege fairly.

It sucks loosing a vehicle and really, using them is hit and miss. Personally the bicycle is king for me. Pretty quick over all terrains, quiet and no fuel needed. Cars are good for storage if u can't find tents (and shelter). Play on a private hive and you might find they last a little longer (and make sure you hide them well and when u have hidden them, walk 200m away and look back - the foliage disappears pretty much completely and the textures blur into a soup making things like tents and vehicles stick out like a hookers flange.)

Admins can check everything you own, what's in ur tents and ur cars and where you are on the map at any time and ur vehicles and ur tents. Nothing is safe from them and unfortunately not all admins use that privilege fairly.

Admins can only do a gear check by looking through the logs, a daunting and time consuming task. Admins cannot magically see you and your stuff on a map.

Scripters running a script to take the vehicles, more likely than admin. Admin have far fewer "powers" than most players realize in DayZ.

To the OP, likely your vehicles just got stolen. They are easy to see, even in trees and the places you think are out of the way are the same places everyone else thinks are out of the way. Thats why my buddy and I run through out of the way places every once in a while and almost always find vehicles and tent camps.

That's fair enough, i've never used anything to look into whats on the server

There's a bug with the newest version when the server restarts sometimes vehicles and tents disappear. Might be what's going on..