Sign in to follow this  
spex

Panthera Island First Look Heli Tour

Hey all,

I made a quick video giving a tour of Panthera to give you a feel for it.

As many of you know, ViLayer is releasing this map very soon.

I've never done commentary over a video so be kind.

• Like 6

Vilayer is releasing it? Oh wow. I guess it will be a buggy version that'll be never fixed. I'll stick to MrSherenai's one (and the empty servers...).

• Like 2

I'll try it, But I hope they haven't rushed it like Fallujah, I was so looking forward to that map ad it turned out Crud.

Cheers for the info!

Well done. I didn't like Fallujah but I've been playing quite a bit on Takistan and enjoy the terrain differences. However, this looks like it should be a great new map to explore. Thanks for putting the video together.

I'll try it, But I hope they haven't rushed it like Fallujah, I was so looking forward to that map ad it turned out Crud.

Cheers for the info!

I agree. Fallujah was rushed. Today's patch is fixing almost all of the issues with it but it's too late IMO. People will have moved on.

never mind the haters..

i for one love what both Vilayer and DayZcmder have done for the dayZ community as a whole.

id be long since burned out if it were only Chenarus to play on.

for me personaly i love the takistan map. but this Panthera looks awesome..

come on dayZcmder lets go...

/drooling on keyboard.

EDIT, sweet its up.. DLing all the updates now.. wohoo

Edited by Siberian
  • Like 1

anyone able to get this map to work throu Cmder ?

im getting some accepted keys error or something..

i dont know jack about how to get this to work manualy so i rely on dayzcmder for my addon maps.

i have fall/takistan and lingor all working throu cmder so im guessing this is some error due to the new release.

any ideas ?

nm got it working...

just tried the reinstall button, that seems to have figured it out..

got about 1hr playtime in..

LOVE IT so far... you guys rok.

I can say after playing awhile last night and this morning that it's a great map.

There is tons of loot to be had and PVP becomes very interesting around the bigger cities due to the amount of buildings you can enter.

This is the first time I've actually had fun since getting burnt out on Chernarus. I didn't care for Takistan or Fallujah but Panthera is a different story. I honestly think everyone that plays Chernarus exclusively should come gives this map a try.

Vilayer releasing this ? By that you mean scribbling out dayz, and writing "by Vilayer" on the loading screen. Panthera on the other hand is a very nice map. It looks awesome while still keeping to the traditions of chernarus style dayz. there are servers up and running right now that perform to perfection. Without having vilayer style attack choppers an MV22's flying all over the place.

• Like 2

Vilayer releasing this ? By that you mean scribbling out dayz, and writing "by Vilayer" on the loading screen. Panthera on the other hand is a very nice map. It looks awesome while still keeping to the traditions of chernarus style dayz. there are servers up and running right now that perform to perfection. Without having vilayer style attack choppers an MV22's flying all over the place.

Not to mention loot and zombies not spawning properly.

anyone else notice the Z's on Panthera seem to be extra hostile ??

i noticed the Z's seem stronger then previous. and there seems to be more spawning in a given area (when ur the only person there)

The way Vilayer strong arms this community is just shitty. If they at least released their mods so private hosts could run them as well I could probably get over how rushed they are but stepping on existing mods and even stealing pieces of their code is distasteful to say the least.

We need to the barracks (Arma) door fixing (like they did with Lingor). I would love also to refuel the vehicles going near to the fuel station.. i'm missing this feature now. For the rest, the map is almost perfect, the loot spawns fine, and into many "new" buildings.

Edited by WalkerDown