calranthe

Rocket you are killing this mod

Like a lot of people who found this mod and saw its potential at first I was really excited but over time I have seen the same thing a lot of us have.

And yes we know damn well it is alpha but lets just say the Deathmatch and ganking testing is going well, the actual potential of this mod is not.

After the weekend I will be sending an email to BI that email will contain the valid signed information from 74 fans of Arma who will not be buying Arma III or in any way support carrier command. (that list is growing and may reach 100).

Why ?

"BI asked me to not host this mission anymore.

Please don't email me asking where or if you can get it.

Sorry."

For those that did not know a heavy contributer to arma mods created a simple single player wrap which allowed you to run Dayz single player (damn hard single player).

Something Rocket said was too hard to do in alpha same as he said that a local host server was too hard at this time.

Yes I know people bothered you for tech support etc and that was wrong and I know you gave him access to your source but BUT with such stringent conditions it was impossible to improve and keep you in the loop.

So Rocket got his people at BI to get him to stop.

Rocket is a good modder but acts like blizzard when it comes to a mod, he is all "mine mine mine" and that is fine but this mode deserves more, it is like the difference between Cod and Skyrim released with the SDK.

You are restricting and killing this mod, I will have nothing more todo with it or BI because of there actions.

I expect this message to be removed but I have screened it and made a backup, if this post goes down expect a nice little arma/dayz related website to be published explaining just what restrictive assholes you lot are being.

I will not be back except to check if the thread still exists, I doubt I am the only one who feels this way, but probably the only one with balls enough to post this.

The simple fact is if a different modder than you can kick out a single player version it just shows you do not give a shit about the idea and potential for this mod beyond your narrow minded death match people being bastards to each other future view.

Wow, impatient much???

Also your very demanding this early into development. May I ask why?

Pretty sure no one is going to delete your post about how you and almost 0.05% of the DayZ community won't be buying ARMA 3.

In the words of others that have said this before, "go eat a dick".

Taking your ball and going home isn't the answer. This happens with every mod/studio relationship. He started making a mod for something BI may create and release on their own in the future, possibly for a price, so they cut it off before it could get started.

Voice your complaints in a more appropriate manner and give the situation time to resolve.

Calranthe, I can't speak for Rocket or even the project as a whole in this post, but if you honestly think that not agreeing with the opinions of a creator of a product allows you to do whatever you want is supposed to be seen as a positive and legit thing, I really wonder how you manage to not be in jail yet in real life. Seriously, the post you made is so full of shit that any programmer on earth has to wonder if you are just sick or trying to troll hard.

Private servers take down the whole idea behind the mod, I mentioned that myself on a podcast recently. Taking away the core essence of the game: your decisions are important as they keep you alive or risk getting killed means it's NOT DayZ anymore. Whatever reason you might have that makes you think the game would be uber cool when you can roll around the world shooting AIs that are nowhere near threatening is going to make for a fun game, you are really tunnel-visioning to the max.

If you think editing someone's code is legit, try cracking some software and ask them if they are fine it. Gawd, this thread is so stupid.

My opinion, thanks.

I'd like dayz servers that are kind of like some of the domination servers out there. Some are custom, somewhat. Some have slightly different rules or weapons.

What right do you have to copy and adapt someone else's work? None. What right do you have to demand that the author let you do this? Even less.

Self-entitled, delusional rant.

One of the saddest OPs I've read in a long long time.

People don't respect nothing anymore these days.

Let's have the OP try and build a mod himself. If he does it better then Rocket, we all chip in a 20 dollar bill for him. Sound good?

Calranthe' date=' I can't speak for Rocket or even the project as a whole in this post, but if you honestly think that not agreeing with the opinions of a creator of a product allows you to do whatever you want is supposed to be seen as a positive and legit thing, I really wonder how you manage to not be in jail yet in real life. Seriously, the post you made is so full of shit that any programmer on earth has to wonder if you are just sick or trying to troll hard.

Private servers take down the whole idea behind the mod, I mentioned that myself on a podcast recently. Taking away the core essence of the game: your decisions are important as they keep you alive or risk getting killed means it's NOT DayZ anymore. Whatever reason you might have that makes you think the game would be uber cool when you can roll around the world shooting AIs that are nowhere near threatening is going to make for a fun game, you are really tunnel-visioning to the max.

If you think editing someone's code is legit, try cracking some software and ask them if they are fine it. Gawd, this thread is so stupid.

[i']My opinion, thanks.

dayum.gif?m=1306958960

Wow this thread is filled with so much retardation it is not even funny..... Bye I guess?.... No one will miss you and your supposed 100 of "special koolaid" drinking followers...

I would also like to point out to OP that this is a mod right now...yes. But soon it will not be. Soon it will be a stand alone game, if we are to believe all the news coming out of E3.

You are a weapons-grade retard OP.

So 74 assholes want to cry because he doesn't want this game to be single player?

Good riddance.

What a shame.

What a damn shame.

This is 100 less scrub carebears I could be poking in the face with my DMR.

A little 7.62 to tickle your fancy.

Welp, on to kill more scrub whiners.

I'm sorry was the a EULA for DayZ? nope. Do BI openly allow people to create mods for Arma2? Yep.

Modifying the underlying code for DayZ and cracking a piece of paid software have about as much to do with each other as ice cream and eating dicks.

I enjoy DayZ, I even support it's development by hosting a server. However, I'm not going to stop playing Kronsky's wrapper. Shit I might even write in some dynamic events and host myself a little lan.

You should visit the BI forums and take a look at the 100's of other modders helping each other out, and using/ and modifying each others mods. Modders are going to mod. And unless you get something in writing to say "no, you're a not allowed to do that" there's not alot you can do about it.

Also OP: rocket personally requested that the SP wrapper be taken down. It wasn't some heavy handed tactic by BI studios trying to protect the only decent income theey have had in 4 years.

Calranthe' date=' I can't speak for Rocket or even the project as a whole in this post, but if you honestly think that not agreeing with the opinions of a creator of a product allows you to do whatever you want is supposed to be seen as a positive and legit thing, I really wonder how you manage to not be in jail yet in real life. Seriously, the post you made is so full of shit that any programmer on earth has to wonder if you are just sick or trying to troll hard.

[i']My opinion, thanks.

*SNIP*

What he said...

The amount of idiocy the last couple of weeks is just wow!!!

People that were never going to buy ARMA 3 are pretending that it's because of this.

Boo

Hoo.

I just lol at the people that "threaten" not to buy a product because the developers aren't doing as they want. The amount of people that demand and think they are entitled to ANYTHING is getting silly now. I know CoD and a few other titles has messed with your heads but its getting out of control!! The voices of 1337 kids isnt the way and im glad Rocket and his team probably right now are laughing their asses off over the amount of QQ and "I demand this NOW or i quit and wont buy ArmA3" threads

Keep it up Rocket+Team, i love what your doing and my main source of laughs is now on this forum and these threads o.0

I'm sorry was the a EULA for DayZ? nope. Do BI openly allow people to create mods for Arma2? Yep.

Modifying the underlying code for DayZ and cracking a piece of paid software have about as much to do with each other as ice cream and eating dicks.

I enjoy DayZ' date=' I even support it's development by hosting a server. However, I'm not going to stop playing Kronsky's wrapper. Shit I might even write in some dynamic events and host myself a little lan.

You should visit the BI forums and take a look at the 100's of other modders helping each other out, and using/ and modifying each others mods. Modders are going to mod. And unless you get something in writing to say "no, you're a not allowed to do that" there's not alot you can do about it.

Also OP: rocket personally requested that the SP wrapper be taken down. It wasn't some heavy handed tactic by BI studios trying to protect the only decent income theey have had in 4 years.

Calranthe, I can't speak for Rocket or even the project as a whole in this post, but if you honestly think that not agreeing with the opinions of a creator of a product allows you to do whatever you want is supposed to be seen as a positive and legit thing, I really wonder how you manage to not be in jail yet in real life. Seriously, the post you made is so full of shit that any programmer on earth has to wonder if you are just sick or trying to troll hard.

My opinion, thanks.

Though Vipeax, I've gotta agree with this.

No one here signed a EULA. This is a MOD of Arma 2. The code isn't proprietary....Rocket has no license to his code.

People can take this mod and reverse engineer it all day if they want to and there isn't a damn thing that anyone can do about it.

Of course Rocket can request that someone not use it, but he is legally incapable of telling anyone what they can and cannot do with it.

That being said, maybe Rocket should look into some type of EULA.