combatcomm1

The Ban TS3 thread!

OP is apparently a veteran of the Korean War' date=' even though the full-scale war has been over for about 59 years.

[/quote']

In what does this matter to the discussion at hand?

What discussion? This thread doesn't even have a discussion, a large majority of the people here disagree with the OP therefore there isn't much of a discussion now is there?

OP is apparently a veteran of the Korean War' date=' even though the full-scale war has been over for about 59 years.

[/quote']

What discussion? This thread doesn't even have a discussion, a large majority of the people here disagree with the OP therefore there isn't much of a discussion now is there?

I see where the OP is coming from and what he is asking is entirely possible from a programing standpoint, the problem is that this kind of "hostile actions" are generally not perceived too well.

[/quote']

I see where the OP is coming from and what he is asking is entirely possible from a programing standpoint, the problem is that this kind of "hostile actions" are generally not perceived too well.

There's no broad-spectrum program in the world you can run that can be guaranteed to stop someone from dual-booting, tethering an alternate computer, or just picking up their phone and calling a friend. Anyone who says they can develop one that does all that plus more and can't be circumvented is either incredibly ignorant or a bold-faced liar. Or both.

It would add to the immersion, but isn't even remotely possible/enforceable.

Join a clan and join in :)

how the fuck can you ban a player from having an independent 3rd party none malicious program on their HDD and then using it to communicate.

If they want top make it hard to communicate then ACRE should be involved.

But considering it a cheat, your a muppet.

Yeah, surely the TS, etc. gives an small "cheating" advantage over people not using them (for example, it allows you to tell the location of the enemy you just saw even after he just popped your brains out with a bullet.)

But, getting rid of TS:

- It would also mean forcing that people must be prevented at playing at their friends house, etc. because they can then cheat by talking to each other directly! :P

- Those applications would be impossible to weed out (You can always use a frigging cell phone to call your friend and "cheat" that way if it all really comes to that!)

And really, even though I don't use TS, I think that its still more realististic that not being able to communicate properly at all. (The in-game features for that seem to be crappy atm.)

It would also seem realistic that a group of people in that situation would also incorporate some means of communication in their group, so its not unrealistic.

The real fix to this is not to ban TS, etc. just because they give advantage - It is to instead offer similar functionality to all the other players in the game as well - a properly working direct chat and some radio system or something like that.

PS. Incidentally, I have also been at the communications during my service, dragging miles of pair cables around the woods and all that shit - I think it would be hilarious if Arma/DayZ would incorporate that aspect of the comms business too, but I'm doubtful. :D

OP's mad ;)

I'm a Korean War vet. Are you? I'm done here.

Actually' date=' your profile lists you as being born in '88. The Korean war was in the 50s.........................

I think OP is a troll.

[/quote']

Ill tell you what is in serious disrepair. This countries education system. Or you're probably just an uneducated fuck thats probably it.

The Korean War is actulley alive and kicking. Its still on going only put on hold by a ceasefire in 1953. Go figure. Thats why it is still so hostile over here and people are still dieing with various flare ups over the years. Including the artilley bombing of a small island and the sinking of a south korean naval vessel, WHILE I WAS THERE mind you. All who serve in in the defence of the korean penninsula are under korean war veteran status.

But of course your faget ass wouldent know that if you hadent done a year short tour there would you? So no, i think YOU got "owned" son.

OP's mad ;)

I'm a Korean War vet. Are you? I'm done here.

Actually' date=' your profile lists you as being born in '88. The Korean war was in the 50s.........................

I think OP is a troll.

[/quote']

Holy crap did you just get owned son, LAWL!

Dont worry you get some too. Lol dumb fuck

You also get, OWNED! ;)

Wow, oh wow, what a crappy reasoning that is. That's like saying I work for the president, when really I'm just a janitor at the white house that cleans the toilet after him.

To even call what is going on in Korea a war is an absolute joke, and u got caught in a lie bro. It's a diplomatic conflict if anything. To be a soldier there when you could have been, and to be one there now, is practically a tax paid vacation and a waste of our money. Whatever problems are there, the South Koreans can certainly take care of it on their own without our help, that's a fact.

I have 2 friends that came back from tours in Korea, and I know they would agree with me cause we all had this same opinion when discussing it, and man would they laugh in your face to even say you're a Korean war vet. That's almost disrespectful to do so to the soldiers who actually put their lives on the line, unlike you.

Oh, oops, might want to mention my wife is Korean and almost her entire family is 1st generation. Her grandfather fought in the Korean war in the frontlines, as a GENERAL, along side American Armed Forces. I've had many discussions with him on this topic (rather I like to or not, he's a proud man and has a right to be), and he agrees with me as well. If he heard you call yourself a Korean war veteran, he would probably knock your lights out.

Now please go back to 6th grade and learn how to spell even basic words. I don't know if you noticed but when someone complained about your grammar earlier in this thread, in your response you spelled grammar as "grammer" total fail. Also in the reply where you complain about this country's education system, you misspelled basic words my 5 yr old niece could get right. You'd be doing your country a greater service then anything you did in Korea just by learning proper english.

Also, I can't believe this thread is still going. This isn't just impossible because of how unbelievably stressful it would be to the development staff and cause them to not be able to focus on developing the actually game, it would be so bad. But, also, for every 1 person that thinks its a good idea, I guarantee you, there are 10 that would outright get pissed off by it. The developers would be forced to get rid of this restriction just from the mass tons of negative email, forum posts, etc... they would instantly start getting.

Hope rocket closes/deletes this thread, it deserves to be.

If he's gonna delete someone's post cause they ask for a "Are you sure?" prompt for hitting respawn in the menu cause they somehow managed to do it accidentally, he should certainly delete this one. As retarded as that respawn post was, this one is far more so.