Sign in to follow this  
moxrox

[Question] Is random loot possible ?

I would love to see random loot in DayZ and not fixed positions for certain high end gear. This would avoid loot camping including people who are logging off and on just to check if the spawn refreshed.

Loot maps would be aswell not needed, which actually take away a big part of the game: exploring. People dont get gear quickly back just after a list, all in all I think the game would be more interesting and demanding.

Would be random loot possible in DayZ ?

Should be doable, just a question of balancing I imagine.

I don't really agree with this idea as why would high end military gear just be lying in the middle of the forest, plus it would kinda take away from the thrill of spotting an empty barracks/airstrip.

Although this is technically already in the game, what with crashed helicopter spawns.

Well for me the excitement of the game slows down after you know where you find gear you are looking for. The unknown, the exploring is actually besides other things what people pushes in the game...to find better loot at the end. If you know the positions for it, the excitement to find something is lost.

I think having certain hotspots for select items adds quite a bit to the mod. There is a lot of extra thrill to be felt and more risk to be taken to aquire certain items.

My previous life i lived at the NWA for 2 weeks and had a great deal of fun, this time around i am more of a hermit and have to plot routes around hotspots and be extra careful around the corridors between them.

The way it is now, you can actually make a conscious decision if you want to be more solitary or if you want a firefight. Feel like some action? Go to the northern airfield or stary.

And besides, military loot is already scattered all over the map in form of deer stands and helicopter crashes. Any more random military loot and the whole map would become a wash.

well ... as i can see ... the only possible way to get that loot you want is to get your own server. i am in the game now for 2 weeks and i know the rules for serverowners. but i can see it everyday wehenever i try to find aserver there are tons of servers closed for testing or passworded. and there are always between 1 and 20 people in it. well, pretty easys to get your gear while "testing" (yes suuuuure ... test test.. muahaha) to get your gear and later to tell all your poor victims how bad they play and how much they suck because they do not have the gear to see even their hands in the middle of a moonless night.

at least this mod gives big advantages to those people who are willing to spend their money to open their own server.

well, sorry to say this .. i am just a user and i liked the game .. but if there is no change in it i even don't care because there are many more other games to waste time with and which are more fair to casual games with a real life.

but i also know... the mod is still alpha and so we still have to be patient. but honestly... after i got killed yesterday 10 times i have enough for the moment. it's not the fact to get killed by snipers which are so far away, you don't even hera from where they shoot..... it's more the ridiculous boring start over after every death - that my friends really sucks and is boring as hell!