LILTRACEUR123

Infected Water

Have to say one thing you guys think firewood is rare look at these photos.

35bs6xz.jpg

It was like this barn was shitting firewood.

2cesraa.jpg

I also had two other things of firewood in my gear/backpack.

A: Firewood is everywhere

B: Hatchets are everywhere

C: Matches are not everywhere but plentiful enough

Sum: As a result making a fire is really really really fucking easy now.

A: Firewood is everywhere

B: Hatchets are everywhere

C: Matches are not everywhere but plentiful enough

Sum: As a result making a fire is really really really fucking easy now.

Yep after I found all of this firewood went to the next barn, and I found some matchs :).

I like the idea.

Raw meat must be cooked in order to be consumed. But you have alternatives like canned foods.

Likewise, contaminated water (lakes) must be purified by boiling. Alternatives are sodas and wells.

Add on idea... make the contaminated water consumable, however, give it a small percentage to make you infected (i.e. require antibiotics, which I believe are already implemented).

What are you talking about? I really do not get what you are saying you want to remove the ability to eat but you want to keep the need to eat? How is that even possible?

It's very possible. Just edit a few lines of code to give wood spawn a 0% chance and set the hatchet to have no selectable right-click action. Done.

hi,

Nice suggestion. An item water purifier would be needed if you fill your canteen in lacks. You should not need to cleanse your water if you take it from water pumps.

cya.

Nikiller.

Likewise' date=' contaminated water (lakes) must be purified by boiling. Alternatives are sodas and wells. [/quote']

I'm sorry but you'll find that the well water is exactly as contaminated as any lake in the chernarus area. There are dead decomposing bodies everywhere - this seeps down into the soil like you wouldn't believe.

Even soda cans can go rancid, but that's another level of difficulty we shouldn't even go into.

I still repeat my point about fireplaces being difficult or even impossible to manage in the time that you have to live with your initial gear - especially so if Rocket's vision of stripping players of even more gear (to the point of being naked) goes through. You'd spawn on the coast with no water bottle and only your one bar of thirst left.

I think it would make more sense to make a compromise - introduce the water cooking as an item on water bottles, but give uncooked water a chance to trigger the disease effect. The new one that takes away 100? BP as a "damage over time" effect. As a way of simulating a stomach bug.

Likewise' date=' contaminated water (lakes) must be purified by boiling. Alternatives are sodas and wells. [/quote']

I'm sorry but you'll find that the well water is exactly as contaminated as any lake in the chernarus area. There are dead decomposing bodies everywhere - this seeps down into the soil like you wouldn't believe.

Even soda cans can go rancid, but that's another level of difficulty we shouldn't even go into.

I still repeat my point about fireplaces being difficult or even impossible to manage in the time that you have to live with your initial gear - especially so if Rocket's vision of stripping players of even more gear (to the point of being naked) goes through. You'd spawn on the coast with no water bottle and only your one bar of thirst left.

I think it would make more sense to make a compromise - introduce the water cooking as an item on water bottles, but give uncooked water a chance to trigger the disease effect. The new one that takes away 100? BP as a "damage over time" effect. As a way of simulating a stomach bug.

That's what I wanted first but if they do not want to put infections in the mod at least they should remove the ability to drink lake water until you boil it.

Getting a stomach bug and diarrhea is the least of your concerns with the walking dead everywhere - considering how there is litterally no guaranteed clean sources of water anywhere in Chernarus' date=' I don't see how this adds to the game aside from another level of "work" to get something simple.

Longterm? (Arma 3 engine, that timeframe) Perhaps.

[/quote']

Its actually your main concern. You have the hard sloppy shits and it makes loud sounds...I think thats a big concern. Running away from a oncoming horde while trying to shit. :D

I was watching Man Vs. Wild and it said that you should not drink water from lakes because you can get sick he said that you should boil it first. If you could make something like not being able to drink the water until you boil it first or something it would be great.

I second this notion.

If someone were to fill their canteen up from any natural water supply like a lake, it should be 'Lake Water'. If someone has a campfire set up, they can boil their flask to sanitize it, at which point it would become 'Sanitized Water'.

Water from wells/pumps would already be clean.

Drinking lake water could cause negative health problems, to be decided by the devs.

It would make sense to boil lake water before consuming it, I know when my friends and I first started playing this we filled our canteens in some pretty green assed water and figured we would get the shits.

Also we killed some poor bastard who was just trying to fill his canteen and he fell into the water. We stood right over his body, checked his gear and filled our canteens all without moving from that spot.

Adding expirey dates to canned foods is a double edge sword, sure it makes sense but it would add an end-game scenario and conflict with multiplayer life.

Chernus as we see it is in a somewhat early stage of outbreak. You can tell due to no structures in disrepair, fields and lawns do not look significantly over grown, trees aren't growing through the streets and roads, nothing shows this event is taking place years into the future of the outbreak.

Therefore all canned foods and drinks should be within it's expirey dates.

No body is a year old in DayZ, so canned items should be good to consume.

Here is where we can look at where an issue will lie with adding expiry dates.

First is by adding expirey dates / timelines you eventally will run into NO canned consumables available, Ammo for guns will eventually deplete as well as weapons and tools. That stuff won't be restocked, because if it did, that means the viurs outbreak will be cured and over.

You've just created an end game in either scenario.

Second is by adding expiry dates they would have to be per character because when you start, it's Day 1. you die, it's back to Day 1.

You have 1 guy at ~ 200 days alive and a guy beside him in at Day 1.

These 2 guys are standing in a supermarket looking at a yummy can of beans, is the canned beans good or not? It's not fair making the new guy at Day 1 have all expired food and you certainly can't have some shipping company magicially come into town and restock the place when that new guys shows up.

Here you have a game mechanic conflict.

Leave canned items as is, but having to boil water is viable.

I'll not dismiss the idea entirely, as they have already added sickness into the game and I could see space for a mild illness gained from drinking still water from lakes (not wells, it's hard enough getting close to those things, you've earned it).

I don't find it too hard to get a fire going, so purifying water is not beyond the realm of convenience, I mean if your at the point your out in the wilderness drinking from ponds and lakes you likely have a hatchet and matches already at hand, if not, your bad.

But I'd make whatever illness very mild, perhaps making you dehydrate faster (simulating vomiting/diarrhea symptoms) making purified water more sought after but not a necessity.