Heathcz

How to find camps? simple guide

Yes, I am a bandit. And I like to loot others camps, cause it never became that easy. How to do it?

1. Find a server with a lot of people

This is the main thing to do. Where are people, there are camps.

2. Locations

This is also important. A lot of you might me like: "But how can i find one? They are always hidden"-thats true, but the only thing you have to do, is to use ur imagination. Its clear to everyone that they will be hidden on west or north, but where exactly? Imagination at your service! The only thing you gotta do, is to try to think like the camp founders. And one of the mistakes they usually do is that they think how to hidden their camps are + they gotta use some marks on the map so they can find them easily. Its just about your imagination.

3. Requiments

The main thing you need is a map. You mark the place you think the camp might be and you go there. Then you need some food and drink, so you can keep searching but what you also need are balls. Yes. If you find a bigger camp, you can await people. So if you find a tent, be careful and try to not get spotted. If you get spotted, run for your life, or disconnect, if you are a douchebag.

4. Timing

The other thing! Try to look for camps in night or morning, when their owners wont be there. Once I tried to search for camps in 2 pm and after only 20 minutes I found one. However, after I looted them and got alot of cool stuff, guardians started shooting at me. I was zig-zaging their shots and running for 10 minutes but they still got me.

5. Enjoy your loot

So this is probably everything I wanted to tell you. I hope I helped you being a succesful bandit and a scumbag. Have a nice day!

If I remember something, I will edit it.

And sorry for my english, I am still learning.

• Like 1

What i do is just fly around in my helicopter. its pretty easy to spot lime green tents from up there

• Like 1

What i do is just fly around in my helicopter. its pretty easy to spot lime green tents from up there

Yes thats also true but you might get shut down...

This was also meant for bandits which likes to only run by foots over the map (like me) or for those ones who actually not have a heli. But a good point.

• Like 1

Yes, but how many people have a helicopter... -.-

So basically your advice is you 1) use imagination and 2) guess.

Awesome I can almost see the loot now <_<

You probably didnt get it. I did my best to explain it and tried to help people who can find it useful, If you dont aprecciate it, I dont care, but dont write here when you dont understand it. Its absolutely pointless

1. Find a server with a lot of people

This is the main thing to do. Where are people, there are camps.

Ok I will go ahead and stop you there. in MY experience if noticed low population servers that average 5 - 15 people have the best camps.

Why? think about it. why would you want to make a camp on a server with a shitload of people on it, knowing someone will find it eventually and loot you for everything. Instead wouldnt you want a camp on a server that doesnt have as much traffic, where you can build up gear to use on other high pop servers?

You probably didnt get it. I did my best to explain it and tried to help people who can find it useful, If you dont aprecciate it, I dont care, but dont write here when you dont understand it. Its absolutely pointless

To be fair, he probably did get it. Unfortunately your "guide" is extremely basic, and in most cases, generally wrong.

- As Guardian mentioned, the best camps tend to be located on low pop servers, to decrease the amount of potential people to find said camp. High pop servers generally either have empty or crap tents.

- Finding camps at night without nvg's is actually quite difficult if they are placed properly. The best time is early to mid morning, although to be honest, it really doesn't matter as people rarely sit guard on their camps, if you run into the owner you are just unlucky.

- Setting a map location is great, but not as a "pick this spot and check it". Your best option is in fact to scour a wide line, usually far west or far north. While decent players will set up shop in the best brush, alot of players will get lazy and just place it somewhere they think noone will travel anyway. Either way, a combing of an entire section is a much better idea than single target checking.

- Advising people to disconnect "if they are a douchebag", makes you king douchebag. Just saying...

The trick to finding camps is patience, that's really about it. Run up the far west, across the north, do the Guba loop and if you aren't a fully decked out ghillie sniper by the end of it, you picked a terribly unlucky server.

EDIT: After a while, you'll notice common camp spots. Heavy brush areas tend to be used on alot of servers. This will speed up the process somewhat but it's still just a long scavenging mission.

Edited by GhillieTV
  • Like 2

See what Ghillie and Guardian said.

• Like 1

Yes, but how many people have a helicopter... -.-

I maintain at least one helicopter at all times on both our Cherarus and Lingor servers.

Yes, I am a private server admin. :D

Hunting tents is kind of my thing. And yes, Low pop servers offer the most tents. My general rule is to mark off a few sections of map and go square by square starting at one side and working in whichever direction I feel like going that day. Most days I can score tons of loot in under an hour. It's not really that hard and much easier then looting spawns which take forever finding anything of value.

• Like 1

I maintain at least one helicopter at all times on both our Cherarus and Lingor servers.

Yes, I am a private server admin. :D

And It looks like your very proud of that.. Now go away !

Edited by RogueOne

Hunting tents is kind of my thing. And yes, Low pop servers offer the most tents. My general rule is to mark off a few sections of map and go square by square starting at one side and working in whichever direction I feel like going that day. Most days I can score tons of loot in under an hour. It's not really that hard and much easier then looting spawns which take forever finding anything of value.

I agree with the low pop servers, especially when it comes to public or popular private hived servers. Gather on high pop, store in low pop is very common.

Yeah, that actually makes sense, but isnt it kinda hard to find one? I dunno how you, but i wasnt really that lucky to find one server, which would have that kind of camp, cause there are so many of them. So yes, its true and it absolutely makes sense but its really more difficult to find one. But then there is the thing about Private HIVE...I will try it out as soon as possible, and we ll see what a get

e/ Someone wrote here that on full servers are actually full of empty tents...well, I dont know how you, but i only had to run over forest for 20 minutes... to find 2 camps with rare loot.

Edited by Heathcz

I play high pop servers and they are littered with tents; a lot of them are empty but I tent to find a lot of them yielding high end loot. Ghillie and Guardian bring up good tips, but I'd say Heath has one of the best tips, he just worded it wrong.

He talked about using imagination, I would call it using logical assumptions. To find tents and camps, you have to think like a person who places tents and camps. You'd be surprised how many tents you'll find and then come to a realization that you probably placed some easy to find tents yourself.

You need an in game map at least and a GPS would help as well. Look for:

- Hill peaks

- small forested clusters

- the tree line surrounding cities, especially if the tree line's altitude is higher than the city (sniper camps)

- if the forest juts out in places, search the apex of the forest curves

- majority of tents are under a pine tree or in a bush

- map edge (a lot of edge camp sites hold high end things)

- the forest that surrounds the NW airfield

I used to play DayZ like everyone else by running around and looting towns/cities/etc.; now, I only loot tents exclusively.

Print out a map for yourself and mark down any tent you find with decent gear, if and when you die, you'll have a good idea of where to run to get geared up. I'm much more confident gearing up at tents then by running major cities with all the other looters/snipers.

• Like 1

I play high pop servers and they are littered with tents; a lot of them are empty but I tent to find a lot of them yielding high end loot. Ghillie and Guardian bring up good tips, but I'd say Heath has one of the best tips, he just worded it wrong.

He talked about using imagination, I would call it using logical assumptions. To find tents and camps, you have to think like a person who places tents and camps. You'd be surprised how many tents you'll find and then come to a realization that you probably placed some easy to find tents yourself.

You need an in game map at least and a GPS would help as well. Look for:

- Hill peaks

- small forested clusters

- the tree line surrounding cities, especially if the tree line's altitude is higher than the city (sniper camps)

- if the forest juts out in places, search the apex of the forest curves

- majority of tents are under a pine tree or in a bush

- map edge (a lot of edge camp sites hold high end things)

- the forest that surrounds the NW airfield

I used to play DayZ like everyone else by running around and looting towns/cities/etc.; now, I only loot tents exclusively.

Print out a map for yourself and mark down any tent you find with decent gear, if and when you die, you'll have a good idea of where to run to get geared up. I'm much more confident gearing up at tents then by running major cities with all the other looters/snipers.

Thank you very much! This is exactly what I had on my mind! I just could not explain it as good as you, cause Im learning english for 6 years in a school, so i got still a lot to learn. You got my beans

I usually just check hangars, a suprising amount of people set camps up in those. Mostly at NE though.