Torndeco (DayZ)

Operation Dogfight -- Private Servers

The idea is when u spawn instead of the same starting gear each time...

There is a chance of a different set loadouts i.e

Huntsman loadout 5%, hunting rifle cz (rare in lingor anyways), hunting knife

Camper loadout 5% map + compass + water bottle

Woodsman 5% hatchet + water bottle

Default loadout 85%

Note just came up with the above loadouts... so the % chance + loadout are still up for getting changed...

Also like the thoughts of a different player skin for the loadouts if possible aswell (assuming they fit the role)

--------------------

--------------------

Have already found examples of server side code for v.similar job.

Just need to change it so instead of completely random there is a % chance.

Am hoping to have it done at the latest by thursday, work+rl etc... :(

note:- Server Vehicle spawns reduced to 50 for now, atleast till i get to add in more spawn locations + different vehicles

Edited by Torndeco
  • Like 2

Cool, I will prob join because of the load randomizer :P Also, I play another server( UK 57) witch has a mod that makes weapon spawn chances a little higher by like 10%-20% higher, you should consider that too! Now, witch server would you recommend? The top one or bottom?

1st Server only started about 24 hours ago.

2nd Server only started about 12 hours ago

Only difference between them is the timezones.

1st = GMT

2nd = GMT+12

Will make a post when i get the random start loadout added in.

Alright....

New crash sites are added to the server...

Still needs some work i.e add zombies to the new crash sites & custom loot tables

Also new random chance starting loadouts have been added...

Anyone got suggestions for loadouts ?

Huntsman Loadout 5%

CZ 550 & 3 5x_22_LR_17_HMR

NVGoggles

Knife

Compass

Bandage

Camper Loadout 5%

Crossbow & 3 Bolts

Flashlight

Map

Compass

Bandage

Waterbottle

Map

Woodsman 15%

Hatchet

Flashlight

Compass

Matchbox

Bandage

Standard Dayz Loadout 75%

Anyway time to take a break for abit...

Edited by Torndeco

New custom crashsites added to the server....

Currently working on adding zombies to the crashsites...

Also server finally does hourly backups... will prob increase that to ever 30 mins tomorrow...

2 Heli crashes today + 1 heli versus another heli fight today.... apparently someone recorded it

Always looking for more regulars...

Edited by Torndeco

Bump both servers are still up & running...

And still looking for more players....

Apparently i missed the drag race earlier @ an airstrip :(

Fixed afew bugs in custom crash sites + custom starting gear....

If u couldnt load in before because of it, u should be good now

Edited by Torndeco

Server Player count reduced to 40 till i find out whats causing lag 40/50 +... not hardware related

Added back in old lingor code for combat loggers...

If u log out u get a bot that spawns in your place for 40 secs, with all your gear.

Hey dude, me and my buddy have been playing on ie 10 and 11 and ive been loving it. You have done a great job on the server and have nothing but good stuff to say about it. We have become good friends with a regular "peterfile" hes really cool and we all enjoy the server together. maybe we should talk about admin rights? lol. only thing i can hope to change is more vehicles, not seeing too many. i think people are stashing them.

Nice to hear...

Currently set @ 60 vehicles per server, i am planning on starting up another panthera server....

Am liking the map for ablilty of players to setup a camp, as it is v.hard todo it on lingor...

As for admin access so keep that to people i know i am afraid.

But i have a new tool been working on a python parsing program with whitelisting / blacklisting with Regular Expressions ability. Which will automatic the banning / kicking of players....

Should be test runs of it tomorrow on the server tomorrow...

hey dude, nice server... but tonight i got 300 ping just on your server and get kick of course... what happen?

it seems we are several to get that.

Edited by Dunko

Havent touched a thing been watching MIB 3

It is most likely a routing issue somewhere between server & players...

Worse case it might be screwed till monday morning....

I turn up the battleye ping limit till it gets sorted out

-------------------------------------

-------------------------------------

Anyway since i am posting...

Servers updated to latest bliss...

Random gear loadouts = broken till i figure out to get them to work with new bliss

Custom crash sites are out atm, gonna redo them again.

New Panthera Server @ IE #12..

Also with custom spawn locations & vehicles i.e

pickup with machine guns / policecars / vw golfs etc...

So bad new, apparently i never noticed the backup database script wasnt running for the last week or so :(

Add the fact i ran an old version of script to clean up the database due to new custom sites & weapon changes. I assumed the database was already backed up...

It went pear shaped on me, and db got screwed over...

In the end i went with a fresh new database....

-------

------

Anyway for those that stick around, server now has new random crash sites, with random loot.

Plus some new weapons

what new weapons did you add ?

i found an AK107 at crashed heli and inside a civil ural there was an ak74-GP25 anything else ?

Edited by die happy

Dear admin.

Me and my friend (ingame names are Robin and Snake) were playing several days now on your server.

We managed to repair a helicopter and a car, then, the server did a complete restart, everything was gone.

We had, like everyone else, nothing. But we kept on playing on your server.

Then, yesterday, we managed to repair 2 other cars, got attacked by hackers, lost everything again.

So we started again,... and got killed by other hackers later again... so we started again... i left the server for some minutes after i found some good tools again, after rejoining, i spawned in a sandsack square, i was trapped. my friend rejoined aswell and spawned there, too. i wrote via sidechat and asked an admin for help, he came, spawned a car in this square and told us to get in there, so we did, then he teleported the car to an airfield, cant tell exactly which one it was. he said, you can have everything back what you lost because of the hackers and apologizied for the issues. he spawned us a weapon box and 3 backpacks and disappeared again. Ofc we took these things and waitied at the ammo crate for the admin to despawn the crate again, so nobody else can take things. he didnt come, so we destroyed the ammo crate and the admin car and logged of.again.

and now.... WE are banned. after all this sh**.... me and my friend got banned..... i also made a video after my friend and me started to think that it wasnt an admin who helped us, more like a hacker who helped us. but as we tried to rejoin, we spawned in the sandsack square again.

this all happend on IE #11 btw. On my video, i also captured the Player list.

Edited by CartmanGer

U are both un-banned, btw uzi sd ammo = hacked in btw

Don't accept gifts from strangers :P

For future reference..

Admins will either u to quit out & wait 5 mins & jump back into server with all your stuff.

Or will restart server if getting tents / vehicles back

Yep hackers are pain in the arse, thats why u might notice pyBEscanner tool which is banning people it catches, less waiting for an admin to do it...

Got some more improvements to do over the weekend, so it scans more log files

edit:-

Also server might be down for abit later tonight for a server update to new lingor 1.1 & panthera 1.6 maps

Edited by Torndeco

Dear admin.

Me and my friend (ingame names are Robin and Snake) were playing several days now on your server.

We managed to repair a helicopter and a car, then, the server did a complete restart, everything was gone.

We had, like everyone else, nothing. But we kept on playing on your server.

Then, yesterday, we managed to repair 2 other cars, got attacked by hackers, lost everything again.

So we started again,... and got killed by other hackers later again... so we started again... i left the server for some minutes after i found some good tools again, after rejoining, i spawned in a sandsack square, i was trapped. my friend rejoined aswell and spawned there, too. i wrote via sidechat and asked an admin for help, he came, spawned a car in this square and told us to get in there, so we did, then he teleported the car to an airfield, cant tell exactly which one it was. he said, you can have everything back what you lost because of the hackers and apologizied for the issues. he spawned us a weapon box and 3 backpacks and disappeared again. Ofc we took these things and waitied at the ammo crate for the admin to despawn the crate again, so nobody else can take things. he didnt come, so we destroyed the ammo crate and the admin car and logged of.again.

and now.... WE are banned. after all this sh**.... me and my friend got banned..... i also made a video after my friend and me started to think that it wasnt an admin who helped us, more like a hacker who helped us. but as we tried to rejoin, we spawned in the sandsack square again.

this all happend on IE #11 btw. On my video, i also captured the Player list.

if u were the guys in the blue van that we blew up, u then killed us a few times, with a DMR? while we was being dumb driving around if you are saying i was hacking, when i killed you on the hill (in the gilli) your crazy, it took me 20 mins to run from the race track to get back an all i had was a AK74, your guys with our big jeep got me in the end, then the server went to crap with planes flying around. But 1 of my pals got banned to, but bouh sorted that out with the admin, thanks btw, but all in all was a good fight last night......really do wish death messages showed when u died etc would be so much easyer to spot the hackers an report the names to admin, all in all best lingor server out there atm, been playing it a couple of weeks now!

1st Server only started about 24 hours ago.

2nd Server only started about 12 hours ago

Only difference between them is the timezones.

1st = GMT

2nd = GMT+12

Will make a post when i get the random start loadout added in.

hopefully by quoting you i get a email.......read my above post. thanks AoN!

Servers are update to new lingor 1.1 & panthera 1.6

Links for downloads are at http://pastebin.com/YQ2kWH7n

Dayz-commander will hopefully be updated soon....

Examples of .bat files to launch the game + connect to the server...

Place .bat file in your arma 2 oa folder... (may need to copy over arma2 addons folder, or make a symlink i.e mklink)

IE #10

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZLingor -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy -connect=5.9.105.99 -port=2302

IE #11

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZLingor -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy -connect=5.9.105.99 -port=2312

IE #12

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZPanthera -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy -connect=5.9.105.99 -port=2322

edit:- wanted to make sure i got it working before i posted the links...

edit2:- U can remove the -connect= -ip= if u want.

Its just to save yourself hassle figuring out how to connect to server with the ingame browser

Edited by Torndeco

Servers are update to new lingor 1.1 & panthera 1.6

Links for downloads are at http://pastebin.com/YQ2kWH7n

Dayz-commander will hopefully be updated soon....

Examples of .bat files to launch the game + connect to the server...

Place .bat file in your arma 2 oa folder... (may need to copy over arma2 addons folder, or make a symlink i.e mklink)

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZLingor -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy -connect=5.9.105.99 -port=2302

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZLingor -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy -connect=5.9.105.99 -port=2312

start Expansion\beta\arma2oa.exe -mod=@DayZPanthera -beta=Expansion\beta;Expansion\beta\Expansion -nosplash -world=emtpy -connect=5.9.105.99 -port=2322

edit:- wanted to make sure i got it working before i posted the links...

cool its d/lin now, 555mb...its a rar, will it install itself or will i haft to put it someplace?

EDIT nvm u already said it...dur, thax.

Edited by all or nothing