Torndeco (DayZ)

Operation Dogfight -- Private Servers

Hey i do like the new .eu thing but i was just so confused on why i lost everything :(

Hey torn,

great work with servers, i rly liked old one and .eu taviana map is even better(with all your tweaks added back up).

Just few questions.

What about .50cal weapons? Will they/r they be removed from game? I found some m107 mags so just curious(i myself love non-antimaterial idea, too op imo).

Iam not sure if i understood line with vodnik/refuel truck correctly, will they be removed or added?(i hope for add)

What about that military boat(with machinegun + grenade launcher) from original .eu taviana? and other boats? Cant find any atm.

Helicopters, only uh-one or also mi16(17 or w/e is the number)? or both types? (:

And last one, new hero/bandit progress? will it be added? (new uniforms)

Thx 4 info

More than likely the high caliber weapons will get removed (gun will get replaced with something else if u already have) sometime today or at the latest weekend.

Don't like 1 shot kill weapons myself and with them ingame, makes the bridge suicide even with a vehicle.

Vodnik / refuel truck are banned by the mod, no way for me to unban them.

Haven't had chance to look over vehicle spawns yet, some old vehicle got replaced with new jeeps with guns.

Hero, Bandit skins should already be working...

More than likely the database may still have your original skin saved & u will need to work past the a bandit / hero level to trigger a skin change.

Admin u recently change the .eu server to allow players to kill zeds with normal shots (Not only headshots).

Could you tell me how you did this ?

Please

Thx

Convo sent...

Anyway changes today are...

Removed the random ambient music, server no purpose besides its a zombie apoc

Zombies no longer need a headshot to kill, they are just infected humans afterall i.e back to normal shots to kill them.

Heli crashsites now spawn on both islands randomly as server progresses... 35% chance of heli spawn on each island roughly ever hour (will increase % if needed later on)

Random chance of different starting loadouts is back aswell

Been afew weapon changes (undocumented as always)

Think thats all today

hey me and my friend gets kicked by your server with a restriction

[MOTD] Coq Rouge restriction # 242 and [MOTD] Don_Koul restriction # 245

Hope you can help us

Edited by Coq Rouge

I know,

But i had just about enough of people complaining / emailing me about stupid stuff.

The last few days, especially with people that bitch in chat, but cant be bother to send a mail / forum post.

Apparently i don't have better things todo, than drop what i am doing & respond to every chat msg.

Had people send me mails over the change saying they were gonna the leave server basicly over stupid crap, basicly tryin to threaten me... wtf seriously.

Saying they lost everything, despite the fact there was no reset in items / tents / vehicles.

Complaining over items getting switched to a gun they didn't like..... ><

Actually had someone bitch over chat over not having items, when it was there first time ever on the server.

So i said screw it & moved it back to .com & used snapshot from before the move...

That way i didn't need to alter vehicles class names + no-one can complain about missing stuff.

Funny part is with my mission fixes/hacks.

The eu version almost the exact same as the .com version i was running.

Differences were only

EU version

Slightly faster zombies...

Different vehicles unbanned

Different & Alot more guns unbanned

Hero/Bandit System

More surivor skins

More random crap over the map...

Beening able to select a starting position, i.e choose to spawn @ either island or a random spawn location

Com Version

Broken Dogs

Alt-f4 bot (was working on adding it to the eu version)

Maule Plane

Different vehicles unbanned

Different & less guns unbanned

Yet people want the .com version, personnal i starting to think people are stupid...

i see and i was there, when that stupid fag Felix cry how he lost everythink and bla bla while he was first time on server.

Anyway its sad, that it is at old version again, .eu version is rly mutch better.

Am now offically tired of people complaining over chat channels....

Especially when their was an email address / forum thread mentioned so people u could voice there problems / mention issues..

Allows for proper debate over the problem & allows me when they got a spare minute to look @ your problem & resolve it...

But apparently people don't grasp idea server was run solo by 1 admin. And 1 other person had ability to ban people for talking in side channel

And i made custom changes to the server & wrote a server log / battleye parser to auto-ban hackers / scripters when i wasn't online.

But yeah go complain over change to .eu dispite i had it almost 95% the same as the .com version in 2-3 days time.

With the same custom features...

Which had better choice of guns + ability to pick which island u spawned at + extra random crap on the map

So i switch it back to .com version to keep people happy.

And i used a snapshot, so no-one could complain about thier lost stuff, and saved me alot of work in altering database items.

And yet people complain again in side channel over & over again...

Servers are now offical closed for good...

Edited by Torndeco

Please don't listen to what all these greedy bastards say, they are just in love with thier gear. Everything is obtainable pretty easily more or less, just put the .eu version back up and you do the decision as you are the owner of your servers. Please, I seriously can't find any other servers to play on. I basically just came back to Dayz cause of Taviana and cause a friend recommended your servers. So pretty please put em back up with whatever you feel is best. I personally love the .eu version!

Way to treat your players Admin, shutting down the server for being agitated about people sharing their thoughts.

Your choice if you believe it or not, but I DID loose gear and I DID loose 4+ hours of gameplay.

I'll accept it if they are lost, just don't say it couldn't have happend when clearly it happened to me.

I will be looking for another server now. Hope you'll be online again soon.

Peace

I'm really sorry that you have decided to shut down the server forever because people complain constantly it was a super server to play on and hope you will open it again one day

if you do not open it again, I say thank you for the hours I've played on your server it has been fun.

Best Regards

Tommy

Did u ever send an email or a forum with the following

Ingame nickname

Lost items

Time u last played server at / versus time u last logged on at (Would give me a time-frame to look up database snapshots & server logs)

Was the lost times on your

character (check if your altf4 bot died after u d/c)

tent (allow me to check if your tent got deleted due to cleanup script i.e player = dead & tent not updated in 4 days)

vehicle (let me check if vehicle got robbed / destroyed / inventory nicked by another player)

None of this info, did i ever receive from u & alot of others

Complaining over rcon chat = useless, it requires admin to notice the chat... drop everything they are doing right then...

Because they will need to type & ask questions (incase u didnt supply enough info), before u leave the server.

But on the otherhand email / forum post allows admin to look up problem when they got afew minutes to spare.

And allow for admin to send u a message (even if u arent on the server amazing), incase i need more info.

Btw the only lost items where when i rolled back to .com version, and i described exactly why i did it.

Because of bunch of players moaned about lost rare sniper guns + their tents / vehicles getting raided, due to been close to a new spawn location.

But instead u & others complain in server chat & think that accomplishes anything ?

Hint: the odd time admin might actually like to play on the server they pay for.

Without someone moaning about lost gear (but yet the people cant be bothered to write an email / forum msg)

Anyway its been fun, for the most part

Edited by Torndeco
  • Like 1

Please bring the servers back up, this has been my most boring and sad day of my DayZ life. Please put em back on :<

Noooooo!!!!

Gutted the servers have gone down!!! Torndeco you run the best servers I have ever played on and have made some great friends too, me and my English friend now have a clan with dutch, Norwegian and Swedish members. My in game name is '[NWA] Houdini Harden' and me and the rest of my clan would like to thank you for the super smooth hacker free servers you had going. Awesome job and really hope you put them back up! They were the best!!!

Thanks again Torndeco, LEGEND!

• Like 1

Bring em back :'<

It's so hard to find a DayZ server that you feel home at. I would love at least having 1 server back and why not make it so that you need to register to be able to play on it. Less work against hackers.

Would love em back Torndeco, my life is shattered.

Servers are back / not...

Do a search for IE#10 / IE#11 / IE#12 if u want or Operation Dogfight.

Completely fresh install + new server hardware, i.e everything = wiped

Servers are running on linux, instead of windows to keep costs down.

Was windows server 2008 last time, so i am still re-doing simple stuff like auto server restarts.

Also still working on re-adding in custom code changes etc...

DayZCommander prob didn't IE#10 + IE#11 in the server lists yet...

Its updated now

144.76.4.145:2302

144.76.4.145:2312

144.76.4.145:2322

Servers are fairly dead / empty atm...

Will prob take awhile to get new players on them..

Anyway i gonna only be watching http://opendayz.net/index.php?threads/new-old-dayz-servers-ie-10-ie-11-ie-12.7451/ for any enquires....