Torndeco (DayZ)

Operation Dogfight -- Private Servers

I noticed today (1st of December, merry Christmas) that the IE #11 seems to have been passworded, is this permanent or simply to fix and update stuff for the server?

Don't password my favorite server :D

Its just temporary, using IE#11 to test out some code changes atm....

Basicly i am adding back in random chance of different loadout spawns

Not to be terribly impatient but is there an estimated time of when the server will be up again ? =)

It's basicly done when done....

Server player login code = a pain in my back side.... for some reason i don't get any error messages for syntax...

So its abit of trial & error to figure out what is going on with some print statements...

Anyways it is done now...

Didn't mean for default spawn to have a czech backpack, but cant be arsed atm to change it back...

Will do it next weekend..

Hello Torndeco. I noticed that the new DayZ custom map Taviana came out resently and I was wondering if you guys have plans for a Taviana-server?

greetings,

secutor

Swore i updated the server automated messages, guess i missed it...

I had given up hope that the server files was gonna get released :)

But yes am intending to switching over to Taviana maps, only just found out about it last night...

Already have begun work to add the custom code i using atm to the map..

i.e custom debug monitor / random spawn loadouts (toning down abit) / slightly custom loot / custom vehicles

I am aiming for 2 servers setup & running thursday day/night sometime.

That way we have a nice stable start for the weekend

And will also avoid me tinkering with servers on friday...

-------------------

-------------------

As for what servers are left running, still haven't decided yet, and there prob be anything set in stone till after the weekend.

Be nice to focus on only 1 map, plus i dont want to overload the server.... nice to keep it running smooth.

Panthera is fairly low pop, so its prob gonna get shutdown.....

Lingor i might keep 2 servers up, or just the 1 server up & move all tents to IE#11, not sure yet.

Lingor really just is a random pvp map & its v.hard to hide any sort of stash.... i have seen some v.ingenious methods of hiding tents...

Edited by Torndeco

Hi, i was banned a few weeks ago for no reason. My friends are playing again on <DayZ Lingor - IE #11 ip: 5.9.105.99:2312 > and I would also like to play there. My Name was "Garry L." at the time of the bann.

Nowadays it is "AGENT rapeya".

It would be very kind of you to disbann me.

Best regards

Edited by rapeya

Believe u were part of a 3 man group all that played together at around the same time.

Your little group had a firstname & 1 letter followed by a full spot was your little group's naming theme...

Noticed u guys one afew times, working together....

Anyway one of your group got caught with a battleye global ban.... and i banned the rest of u to be on the safe side.

While this may not be fair to everyone else, u 3 started on the server @ the very same time, & played together.

I highly doubt u weren't aware of atleast 1 of your team hacking....

Anyway u will have to find another server to play on, as there wont be any unbans over this

Edited by Torndeco

Its good to hear that you are setting up one or two Taviana servers. We played it for the last few days and its a great map. However, there are still some issues with the amount of zombies that are spawing in the middle of the roads sometimes and the lack of high value military loot in buildings. These are only minor problems compared to the biggest issue: The map is huge, but the player spawn points are too close together. Most of the time if you are spawing in there is another guy right next to you. And then its a race to the closed building which is most likely already filled up with corpses. It's hard to get away without dying less then 10 time right from the beginning.

Haven't had a chance to fully play the map yet...

Any idea which version u were playing ?

As there is a divide between the map version atm, u got the dayzland.eu version & vilayer version...

I would really perfer to-go with the dayzland.eu version, but its no longer supported by bliss atm, and would require more work to keep upto date.

That and without dirrect support from private servers, it prob will get overshadowed by vilayer's version.

So i will prob end up going with vilayer version

The player spawning code is server side & i can alter the spawning markers into the mission file, so thats easily fixable & add in conditions not to spawn within 200 metres of someone else.

Extra structures can also be added in over weekend etc....

Edited by Torndeco

We played the dayzland-version of the map. I think that's the official one. The other version is a freelancer-project. But I think you know that better than I do. Either way, there's lots fine-tuning to do. The standard version is not well optimized yet in my opinion, but more widespread spawn points would be a great start. If you need help testing or something like that just PM me.

Right taking a break today.. lingor server will be back up tomorrow.

Will be IE#11 & will move tents over from IE#10 aswell

Taviana servers are up atm, same custom loot & wrecks.... changed up the spawns slighty (alot of compasses / maps atm)

Will tweak the spawn loadouts over the weekend, if anyone wants to make up some suggestions...

Added Frames Per Second to debug monitor & removed zombies alive / total (space issue really)

Backported some performance fixes for new dayz version

Flip ATV script added...

And lastly i removed all the standard spawn markers (were clustered together) & added custom ones.... thx for pointing that out secutor666....

Will see how it plays out

Note still havent got any custom vehicles / buildings / debries yet... will add in over weekend....

Now just need to find a loot map to see building / loot layout etc...

Edited by Torndeco

Old Lingor Server #11 (plus tents from #10) is back up and running on #12...

Its running the exact same code + custom gear etc....

Looks like some people are gonna maintain server files for dayzland.eu version on bliss :)

So i am planning on changing over dayzland.eu version of Taviana as it has less bugs & some nice features & streetlights

Will do the swap sometime early tomorrow, plan on making a seamless transfer i.e keep your characters & weapons / vehicles were possible...

May need to replace some vehicles / weapons if they are banned in mod files...

Edited by Torndeco

Hi there.

I've been banned from IE11...For no reason, it seems.

I was scouting around one of the towns on the Southern island looking for Morphine for a friendly I'd met up with.

As I was pottering about, gunfire came towards me and kept coming. I ran around to see what was going on, just saw hordes of walkers.

Ran inside an apartment, and someone ran in after me so I took a shot with my Enfield as he ran past (and missed). He took me out afterwards with his Enfield.

I then click to respawn, and am promptly banned.

Why?

I go through enough bans / reviewing i keep my process to myself... i.e its why u wont see a public weapon list either for the server...

Anyway unrelated & happened alot later on

Unfortunately their was bug with my anti-hack parser with log spam detection & banning people by ip...

Caused the app to crash & resulted in no server protection :( and resulted in quiet a-few hackers last night....

Anyway its fixed now.....

If u got banned & are innocent give me a shout & i will look into it

Hi.

Similar situation to Joshimodo. I was playing on this server this morning for a couple of hours. I was just scouting about making my way South. On the outskirts of a large city it just popped up that I had been kicked and banned from the server for no aparrent reason.

Would be good if you could fix this, my in-game name is just Chris.

Thanks.

Can't get on server IE#11 taviana, what's up? Getting thrown out to main menu when trying to join after last server update yesterday night.

Edited by Peter Parkinson

U need to download the dayztaviana.com version...

V.nice & if need be i can bug the author on irc aswell

Also one of the main reason for the switch is minaly to get the animals back ingame,

they are removed (except for rabbits) in the .eu verion

Oooh, didn't see any new update in dayzcommander, guess it's a bit slow.

Thanks!

Also, I've missed those damn animals. Good to know they're back.

Keep up the good work!