Jinxy

[HELP] Errors Running DayZ

Okay, yesterday I bought: ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead from steam. Then I download it overnight. Ran the game and it works fine with no errors. So, I decided to download DayZ which was the whole purpose of buying the game. So I downloaded and installed: Six Launcher from www.dayzmod.com Once that was downloaded I clicked on a server and hit "join".

It then popped up with the error: Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

I hit the "ok" button and it launches into the main menu then with the following error:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'.

Could anyone assist me on how I am to fix this problem?

-Thanks in advance

Okay, yesterday I bought: ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead from steam. Then I download it overnight. Ran the game and it works fine with no errors. So, I decided to download DayZ which was the whole purpose of buying the game. So I downloaded and installed: Six Launcher from www.dayzmod.com Once that was downloaded I clicked on a server and hit "join".

It then popped up with the error: Addon 'dayz_anim' requires addon 'CA_Dubbing_Counterattack'

I hit the "ok" button and it launches into the main menu then with the following error:

No entry 'bin\config.bin/CfgVehicles/Citizen1.scope'.

Could anyone assist me on how I am to fix this problem?

-Thanks in advance & I hope this is the right section to post this in

To fix that one, iirc, you need to copy the contents of the addons folder from your arma directory to your OA directory, in the common folder.

I believe that will fix it, but then again, there are so many errors and fixes to try and remember :D

To fix that one, iirc, you need to copy the contents of the addons folder from your arma directory to your OA directory, in the common folder.

I believe that will fix it, but then again, there are so many errors and fixes to try and remember :D

Edit: Inside the common folder I have 3 folders:

arma 2 operation arrowhead

call of duty modern warfare 2

saints row the third

I'm guessing OA is the first folder, inside that there is no addons folder. Only:

@DayZ

BEsetup

Common

DirectX

dll

Expansion

Keys

Missions

MPMissions

Am I missing something?

Edited by Jinxy

If it's a non-steam version, check "\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\" on your hard drive.

If it's a Steam-version, check "\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

Hope it helps.

If it's a non-steam version, check "\Program Files (x86)\Bohemia Interactive\" on your hard drive.

If it's a Steam-version, check "\Steam\steamapps\common\arma 2 operation arrowhead"

Hope it helps.

Yeah, that's the one. The steam directory.

Now what do I do now? I'm still getting the errors and really wanting to play.

:(

Okay, the explanation above is somewhat unclear, so lets clear that up for you. dance.gif

THE PROBLEM: As I understand it, you have purchased ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead (OA standalone) and not Combined Operations, which includes ArmA2 and ArmA2: OA. Because DayZ requires resources that are present in ArmA 2, but are not featured in Operation Arrowhead, you will have to copy the addons folder from ArmA 2 into your Operation Arrowhead directory. But because you do not have ArmA 2 (the original game) this isn't possible at the moment.

THE SOLUTION: You will need to download ArmA 2 free, which can be acquired here: http://www.arma2.com/free

Once you have downloaded and installed ArmA 2 free, you will then need to navigate to it's installation directory and copy the addons folder into your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead directory (within the steamapps/common/ directory).

I hope that this solves your problem. If anything is unclear, or you would like more information, you can find the full instructions here: http://kodabar.blogs...rma-2-free.html

Best of luck. tongue.gif

Edited by Alopex

Okay, the explanation above is somewhat unclear, so lets clear that up for you. dance.gif

THE PROBLEM: As I understand it, you have purchased ArmA2: Operation Arrowhead (OA standalone) and not Combined Operations, which includes ArmA2 and ArmA2: OA. Because DayZ requires resources that are present in ArmA 2, but are not featured in Operation Arrowhead, you will have to copy the addons folder from ArmA 2 into your Operation Arrowhead directory. But because you do not have ArmA 2 (the original game) this isn't possible at the moment.

THE SOLUTION: You will need to download ArmA 2 free, which can be acquired here: http://www.arma2.com/free

Once you have downloaded and installed ArmA 2 free, you will then need to navigate to it's installation directory and copy the addons folder into your ArmA 2 Operation Arrowhead directory (within the steamapps/common/ directory).

I hope that this solves your problem. If anything is unclear, or you would like more information, you can find the full instructions here: http://kodabar.blogs...rma-2-free.html

Best of luck. tongue.gif

This is what it says on my steam..

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead

ARMA 2: Operation Arrowhead Beta

I bought it through steam and it was $20.

I believe that I'm missing the ARMA 2 game alone. (Original one)

Is this correct? I'm not 100% sure..

Edit: I understand now. I bought the operations arrowhead and not the ARMA 2 game itself.

I'll go ahead and download that now.

Edited by Jinxy

I understand now. I bought the operations arrowhead and not the ARMA 2 game itself.

I'll go ahead and download that now.

Good stuff. Have fun. grin.gif