shadowvfx

Can we stop the CoD/BF3 name calling?

So many "veterans" on this forum just love to call out CoD and Bf3 at every f*cking chance you get. Any person with a dissenting opinnion is now a noob that doesn't understand what it's like to play a "hardcore, super realz game". SERIOUSLY, drop that crap. It's like crying witch or something.

burn-the-witch-monty-python.jpg

I made a drinking game out of reading a thread and taking a shot every time "GO BACK TO CoD" or, "CoD Kiddies" is used. It's pathetic. You guys all sound like a whole bunch of elitist asshats.

If you want this game to thrive and survive, you have to understand that YOU and a handful of other die-hard fans are NOT enough to make developing Day Z into a full-on game lucrative. You will HAVE to accept and welcome new members eventually, and branding them as CoD Kiddies or whatever the f*ck you guys want to call them isn't helping.

Some of these newbs are idiots. Some don't have the greatest of ideas or suggestions, but seriously...cut it out. Treat people more like human beings with a different opinion than your own and less like retarded ogres. If you don't, your game is going to be doomed to obscurity and fade with the all the previous PC mod trends of years past.

To be fair, a ton are coming from COD/BF/Halo etc etc. The ones who knew about ARMA before DayZ, well they are the vets. All the new players are new to the series, and bought ARMA due to a Video (Rooster Teeth just got one out, so huge influx of people coming in), the fact the mod shot up in a month from 10 to 250+ servers. The ones that had ARMA, and played it, are the vets. Fact that ARMA is top on STEAM = all these new players.

I mean come on, the new players are from COD/BF etc etc. So the name fits them. Most leave in a day or so anyway when they realize that its too hard. So I'm all for calling them that. Thanks for buying ARMA and supporting BiS. But sorry this was too real for you and you gave up after a hr or day. Forum post show its already happening...

Facts are facts.

Get over it.

MW3 best game in da world. I'll buy every DLC cuz this game is so UBER.

U mad? Enemy UAV online!

Someone must have railed you in the ass pretty hard, tell us about it on your blog?

To be fair' date=' a ton are coming from COD/BF/Halo etc etc. The ones who knew about ARMA before DayZ, well they are the vets. All the new players are new to the series, and bought ARMA due to a Video (Rooster Teeth just got one out, so huge influx of people coming in), the fact the mod shot up in a month from 10 to 250+ servers. The ones that had ARMA, and played it, are the vets. Fact that ARMA is top on STEAM = all these new players.

I mean come on, the new players are from COD/BF etc etc. So the name fits them. Most leave in a day or so anyway when they realize that its too hard. So I'm all for calling them that. Thanks for buying ARMA and supporting BiS. But sorry this was too real for you and you gave up after a hr or day. Forum post show its already happening...

Facts are facts.

Get over it.

[/quote']

So true.

Well then, i'm gonna make a drinking game where everytime someone complains about getting killed I take a shot. I'll die from cirrhosis of the liver in about half an hour.

And you are all exact proof of everything I mentioned in my post. Out of you all, I see two constructive posts and the rest are trolls. Nice representation of your community.

Practice what your preach man, telling people to stop calling people names while saying things like elitist asshats and or my favorite retarded ogres is counter productive.

Practice what your preach man' date=' telling people to stop calling people names while saying things like elitist asshats and or my favorite retarded ogres is counter productive.

[/quote']

He implied that they look not directly accused.

That being said, I've been called a cod fanboy on this forum before completely out of context.

Apparantly I was a cod fanboy and a carebear because I wanted a bug that made the game easier resolving so it was harder.

Not sure where the logic comes from.

Also, SMOKIE FROM RAGNAROK AGAIN.

Practice what your preach man' date=' telling people to stop calling people names while saying things like elitist asshats and or my favorite retarded ogres is counter productive.

[/quote']

To communicate effectively, one must speak the language of those they are addressing.

You could always leave the community. Who, exactly, are you defending? And why? You knew full well what the response would be to your (laughably mediocre) outcry. Seems to me like you're trolling just for attention.

Congratulations, you're the defender of the people.

It's a more accurate description for random deathmatching, and it fits more than carebear, so no it's not going away.

When "carebear" goes, I'll consider pushing to have "CoD kiddie" go next, but it's best to tackle the biggest problems first.

It's a more accurate description for random deathmatching' date=' and it fits more than carebear, so no it's not going away.

When "carebear" goes, I'll consider pushing to have "CoD kiddie" go next, but it's best to tackle the biggest problems first.

[/quote']

Most people just say Cod/Bf fanboy out of context though, just as carebear is also used out of context.

I agree this has got to be a troll, its as useless as complaining about complainers.

lol, "Call of Dutyer", noob, carebear, and "WoW Clone" are all like, internet keywords. You can't go a day without seeing them someplace.

The simple fact is, people get tired of the bitching, and rather then insulting the person directly, and getting in trouble, they make up some stupid excuse about them coming from call of duty, or something. Which, by the way, is honestly OK, for what it is. An arcade-shooter with military skins.

All the same, I had ArmA II well before DayZ (Though, I didn't have OA yet). I played a fair bit, as I love realistic military sims/games.

On the subject at hand though, I really do think the people complaining about death does get overwhelming, but calling them out BECAUSE, or because you THINK they play certain games, is just silly. Let them like what they like, and you like what you like. Be civilized people, you may be anonymous, but there's no reason to be a buttmunch.

Buttmunches.

Sorry to disappoint OP but I and other people on this forum don't want this game to be another mainstream one. So you are bound to get people having a go at the casuals.

If this game is doomed to obscurity and fade as you put it than so be it. I rather it fail trying to be different than tailoring to the COD players for another 'casual' game.

I agree this has got to be a troll' date=' its as useless as complaining about complainers.

[/quote']

You have no idea what a troll is, I'm sure a quick glance at your recent posts will show why you label him so.

Who' date=' exactly, are you defending? And why?

[/quote']

I want this game to grow and be even more successful. However, I've seen elitist communities kill themselves off way too many times. I'm trying to get the point across to these people to calm down on the hate a bit. Name calling and witch burnings don't exactly lead to successful cooperation and great things.

The more people who play this the more willing game makers are going to throw money at it to help develope it.

You seriously need to accept that or just stop playing if your so butt hurt.

The more people who play this the more willing game makers are going to throw money at it to help develope it.

You seriously need to accept that or just stop playing if your so butt hurt.

I will take your advice and go double, gonna be abusive and such and see how it goes ok?

I hope you live to a ripe old age and have many children.

If you even get offended, you break your own logic, so stop playing if so.

x3 <3

By the way will you kick me from your server if I come on and start being abusive to people?

Who' date=' exactly, are you defending? And why?

[/quote']

I want this game to grow and be even more successful. However, I've seen elitist communities kill themselves off way too many times. I'm trying to get the point across to these people to calm down on the hate a bit. Name calling and witch burnings don't exactly lead to successful cooperation and great things.

that sentiment i can get behind and I totally agree.