warp (DayZ)

Hooked at 50

The last time I ever got this hooked on a game was microsoft flight sim 1,that was back in 1999.

My 14 year old son told me about Dayz so we embarked on a bit of a mission to get this thing up and running.

That's another story in itself.

I thought it would all be over in a couple of dayz , How wrong I was!!!

my first spawn was the usual disaster, a broken leg crawling around the castle looking for I don't know what, Hey thanks to the guy who didn't kill me , I was trying to talk but with no key knowledge or mic it would have looked a bit weird , my morse was a bit rusty.

Well one week in, an hour a night i had a large pack , cooked meat ,( left the Gillie suit) blood, map, gps water coke and everything I needed to explore the map without having to carry a weapon . I must figure out how to put my rifle down without it vanishing???

45 Dayz days , still happy as , a couple of hello's and a chat in the bush and blood for some young chap, no gun and zombie's are a doddle. looking for a vehicle just for a change and headed east towards Bop Bos?? following shadows and tree lines as usual, watching cleared pasture for 10 mins before crossing, That's why this game is so cool , you can make it as real as you want , I know I couldn't kill in cold blood, but that might be an age thing.

Now comes the wierd bit , some guy appeared, (well have you ever watched star Trek,) it was a bit like that without the cool sound , 1 metre in front of me , one shot then disappeared, losing blood I legged it down a bank following the depression into a dark forested area, bandaged up drugs and a drink then on the move slow and stealthy. reversal checks and double back while moving high just below a ridge line in cover, I was about 2 km from the scene then pop there he is 1 metre away in my face no with an auto, no pleas from me , just looked into his dark pixilated eyes while he filled my body with one hundred slugs of hate.

Time to keep hold of a weapon.

• Like 15

Nice to know you're liking DayZ! Sorry about the guy at the end though. Not everyone in DayZ are friendly people, let me tell you that.

Maybe thats why the number of players is falling. The game is appealing to those of us so old school we remember the original "pong" and Pacman. Started with my kid, and probably have more hours logged than he does. The kids dont have the patience to nsmurvive, and they take stupid chances.

Maybe we need a 50+ squad.

• Like 3

Maybe thats why the number of players is falling. The game is appealing to those of us so old school we remember the original "pong" and Pacman. Started with my kid, and probably have more hours logged than he does. The kids dont have the patience to nsmurvive, and they take stupid chances.

sounds good. I'd PM you about that but your settings don't allow forum members to private message you.

Buncha young whippersnappers ... we need a 60+ squad ... :D

Joe

• Like 1

50+ squad sounds good ,geez haven't been called a whippersnapper in a few years. "Joe, 60+!!! there is hope yet."

The only problem I can see is campfire barbies beer and war stories. :D

• Like 1

LMFAO morse code!!!

I'll wager theres some of those whipper snappers who have no concept of it

--. . - / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -..

Im 12, I have the patience to survive, I dont have COD instincts cause its a horrible game and I just lost my 49 day old character yesterday because it was boring and I already had everything at like day 7

LMFAO morse code!!!

I'll wager theres some of those whipper snappers who have no concept of it

--. . - / ..-. ..- -.-. -.- . -..

73's OM ...

Joe

Great tale, warp! Sounds like you met a scripterkiddy, sadly. Why don't you join the 30s+ players list? There's no clan or anything, it's just a list of individuals who are mainly in their 40s but there are some in their 50s and 60s too, as well a some in their 30s. They're mainly looking to find people who are similar in age and who want to get a broader experience from dayz than just PvPing.

This list is incomplete because I have yet to update it. You can contact any of these people via their preferred contact method and ask them to join you in a game of dayz. Just mention the list. :thumbsup:

http://scribbless.co...sts/list/119425

Also, some of the guys on the list got together and created a group that plays via a teamspeak server. They created a forum too, called The Fogeyz. I don't know much about it but they seem like nice, friendly and helpful people. You might like to join them too. :thumbsup:

http://fogeyz.co.uk/index.php

Edited by Sula

Buncha young whippersnappers ... we need a 60+ squad ... :D

Joe

i respect my elders and refuse to shoot first. Beans to you. Wonder who the oldest Survivor is?

Also, some of the guys on the list got together and created a group that plays via a teamspeak server. They created a forum too, called The Fogeyz. I don't know much about it but they seem like nice, friendly and helpful people. You might like to join them too. :thumbsup:

http://fogeyz.co.uk/index.php

Thanks for the tip. Just signed up.

• Like 1

Im 12, I have the patience to survive, I dont have COD instincts cause its a horrible game and I just lost my 49 day old character yesterday because it was boring and I already had everything at like day 7

Get off my lawn...or i'll shoot.

• Like 2

Move to private hive in order to get rid of "Star Trek" style materializing god-mod hackers in front of you.

Edited by Diakoona

Thanks for the links, sure will check them out.

Just when I thought I was getting the gist of all this I just realised I haven't even scratched the surface.

Alan :thumbsup:

Edited by warp
  • Like 1

I love hearing stories like this, but saddens me you had to die like that to what sounds like a teleporting script kiddie.

He knew where you were all along, all that tactical movement and observing went to waste.

I want to get my own dad into DayZ, he is approaching his 60's, and an ex Army guy but I told him to wait until Stand alone comes out.

For those older guys still playing, Please for the love of god join a private hive instead.

Private hive servers can be found here.

Agreed. For those that haven't already done so, join a good private hive. You'll enjoy DayZ how it's meant to be played.

Grandpa Jimmy, after that last "gerroff my land!" type comment, I think I love you! :beans:

Just to clarify, for those who are new to dayz. A private hive is a server that is not part of the main server hive. So when you join a private server you get another character. You can play on both the official servers, and on one or more servers from other hives. (Some private servers are passworded and you have to register and sometimes pay to join them)

So, for example, I have my main character and she can play across all the official servers because they are all part of the main hive. But I also have a character who plays on all the vilayer.com servers, as they have a separate hive. I have another on the BLISS hive, who can play on some of their servers, though most seem to be private and passworded, sadly. And so on. I must have half a dozen characters across all the different hives.

So that's why, when often find you have a new character. It's not because your main one is dead but because you're on a different hive.

Remember you are a different character on different hives, so you can't keep your weapons or other stuff when you go to a server from another hive - but it's still there when you go back. Just remember to keep a note of which server you were playing on. It can get confusing. :)

Oh and it also means you get another character if you play Lingor Island, another for Takistan and so on. And of course another for the upcoming new Panthera! :thumbsup:

Edited by Sula

I've been playing for about 2+ months now and enjoyed just about every minute. But a few nights ago after having survived for a week and gathered some great clobber, pretty much the same thing happened to me as happened to Warp. Out of all my deaths (and there have been many) I think I can only attribute 6 that weren't hack related.

I was going to pack it up because of this last experience but I never considered a private hive. Need to look into that more.

Thanks for all this great info, Its really helpful, I just need more skills on the puta as I drive nails for a living.

Now the BIG question, How the heck do you give someone beans?its driving me nuts.

Cheers

Alan

• Like 1

Thanks for all this great info, Its really helpful, I just need more skills on the puta as I drive nails for a living.

Now the BIG question, How the heck do you give someone beans?its driving me nuts.

Cheers

Alan

Put it in a pile of loot so they can pick it up or, if they have room in their pack open it up and place it there. Use the arrow keys next to the items to move them from your pack to his, or to the loot pile.

Edited by 2ugly

Come join us on Fogeyz hive. Our website is http://www.fogeyz.co.uk/ we have around 80 members right now. Join the fourm to get the info. We have about 15 that play every day/night. Hope to see you soon In game name Marlow

well im 25 and find myself agreeing with almost everything being said here, but then i know morse code amongst other things :P

im looking forwards to playing once the download is complete, and i think i will enjoy skulking around, helping some people, killing others :)

im not the only one that would be excited on the day of a real zombie apocalypse

Sounds great chaps, I'm sold.....Steam sale tomorrow for Arma 2...I mean today, then I'll join Fogeyz, Sounds right up my alley, I have been reading a lot on the forum for the last couple of weeks before I decided to devote my ''Battlefield/Borderlands/Fallout Time'' to a worthy cause. To be honest, the buggyness is part of the fun of any Alpha game, so roll on the Standalone.

As a large social experiment I thought the Game may turn into a large ''Spy Vs Spy'' deathmatch when i read about it last month, but with the wasteland medics, a large degree of mature players looking for more depth to this large sandpit we have been given, I think this Mod/Game has the potential to be an all time great.

I have read a lot of stories on this forum, some are absolutely hilarious, I mean side-splitting, some are tragic, but I don't think i have ever read so many diverse opinions come from a game...maybe the first 3D Grand Theft Auto because of the controversy over violence it was said to promote, but I have been here since before the ZX80 and I have never killed anyone in real life....on the computer...thousands..probably hundreds of thousands.

So here I am jumping on the Zed bandwagon....I wonder how big it can really become.......because the potential of this Zed sandpit is, well....limitless..!

See you all in the real world...Er...I mean the Virtual world.

my morse was a bit rusty.

zombie's are a doddle.

These two things made me chuckle.

Glad to hear you are enjoying it mate. Like a few other people said previously it sound like it was a script kiddy that ruined your day. Hope you find a good private hive and group to run with until the stand alone comes out.