Kaneydien

Playing with Friends Question

I have a question, my friend and I are thinking of buying Arma 2 just to play this mod. We are wondering that if we want to play together, when you spawn in is there a way we can spawn in to the same area? Is there a fast travel system of sorts? How does the spawn system work in general?

Thanks in advance for the info!

nope' date=' you need to meet up

[/quote']

Is this difficult to accomplish? What if we are joined up and one of us dies? How does the spawn system work in general?

Its not as hard as it sounds to meet up though.

Theres only a few places you really spawn, either you guys will spawn close enough to each other to meet up or one of you guys can keep just respawning till you spawn close enough to meet up(You don't have anything to lose at the start). Just be sure to pay attention to the text on the right that comes up telling you where you are! Or you're going to have a bad time.

you most likely will die, meeting up takes some coordination and effort and you can be within 20 feet of one another and still never find each other, just trial and error if you die you randomly spawn along the coast best bet is right when you spawn you will see where in the bottom right corner of the screen briefly. this will give you a general idea of where you start, you will need to navigate towards one another, highway signs and landmarks will help but expect the first few game lives you have as some of the hardest to come until you get a grasp of the game. at first it was a pain in the ass to meet up with friends now we know the layout like the back of our hand and meeting up is incredibly easy.

The spawn system places you in a random location on the Southern coastline of Chernarus. The specific location is almost completely random, but without fail you will be within sight of the sea. Immediately upon spawning, three lines of text will appear in the lower-right-hand side of your screen. The second line is of paramount importance, because it will name the landmark or settlement you are closest to. If you do not want to drown in tears of frustration, use this information, an online map ( http://avidblur.com/arma2/ is a good, non-spoilery one ), and basic navigation skills in order to meet. Have your friend agree on a place to go to, and make your way there, hopefully not getting killed in the process. If you die, whether or not you are paired up with them, then you have to begin the whole process all over again from your new random spawn.

Enjoy your new-found life! And if you ever feel like escaping the bean-wars, the Northlands are much more forgiving to teamwork. The bandits are tougher, but there's less of them, and the loot is better.

~ Ferrard

EDIT: As was pointed out by the kindly gentleman further on in the thread, you can spawn on the Eastern coast of Chernarus as well. In that case, head West, young man, and your survivability will increase exponentially.

The spawn system places you in a random location on the Southern coastline of Chernarus.

Eastern too. I've spawned up by Berezino at least twice.

Huh. News to me, and thanks for the correction. I've been playing the same character for nigh unto 20 days now, so I haven't seen that many respawn spots lately >.>

~ Ferrard

I've died about 3-4 times by people, probably close to 10 from random things killing me, from logging in on stairs to character not saving and being in the endless mountains. I just got lucky two of the respawns and was near Berezino. Solnichniy is another area you can spawn it, and also the little town by Three Valleys. Most of the time I spawn near Elektro or Cherno. Finally got spawned up at Kamenka. So far that's been the best starting spawn for me.

As others have said, meeting up isn't really all that hard.

You can get a good-size map with all the town names off the net, and then look for the three lines of text in the lower right of the screen when you spawn.

Top one is always Chernarus, middle one tells you which area you're closest to, and the lowest one tells you how many real-life days has passed since the char was created.

If you want a map, I'd recommend one made by a forum user called Maxander.

He calls it "Ultimate Loot Map", and it has all enterable buildings colour-coded.

Plus, at 17500x14600 pixels, it's HUGE. You can zoom in MUCH further than on any other out-of-game map I've seen.

You can find his post detailing the map here:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=9331

nope' date=' you need to meet up

[/quote']

Is this difficult to accomplish? What if we are joined up and one of us dies? How does the spawn system work in general?

It can be a bit difficult at first, but after a few days of playing you start to learn the coastal areas of the map (where you always spawn) and will be able to find each other fairly quickly. Whether you can find each other without dying first may be a different matter. :)