Sign in to follow this  
adust91

Admin power abuse

I was playing with my friend at EU14 server hosted by SISU, we encountered a group of good equiped players, they had nv, camo, good weapon, quadro bike. Then we desided to attack them, we succed and was ready to loot them, but they just locked server, and now playing only 4 ppl there i think they taking there loot back. Not fair

It's more shamefull then alt+f4

Player names :REM ,Xolland, Reqvizit ,BSNpro

I have just encountered another case of this abusing of power with my friend. We were camping cherno with some M4's when we heard this car driving out of town from the middle of nowhere, so my friend starting shooting at the car (UAZ probably) and the vehicle ended up exploding and possibly killing one of the people inside. We then notice two people crawling around the fireball so we start opening fire on them, they ALT+F4 and then the server is shut down without a warning. After about 10-15 seconds the server comes back up and is locked and only 5 people are on it. the names are 1, BSNPro, Reqvizit, Sasha Temnikov, and Xolland most if not all are from team BloodFace. I hate to say it, but the admin shouldn't allow his clanmates to lock the server down just because they died, I understand ALT+F4ing isnt acceptable, but i would have preferred that than not being able to play on my current (but not for long) home server. I took some SS's while I was playing in steam because of how awesome it was that my buddy actually blew up the car with an M4.

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/hkeaton0727/EU14%20Admin/2012-06-22_00004.jpg

http://i938.photobucket.com/albums/ad226/hkeaton0727/EU14%20Admin/2012-06-22_00007.jpg

Locking servers is reason enough.

One of our admins did it briefly (30 seconds) to sniff out a hacker using script logs. I got an automated email 10 minutes later from our provider saying that if it happens again the server can be shut down.

To me that is awesome. Though ours had a legitimate reason, the admin didn't know he couldn't lock it. I think every server should be considered 1 or 2 locks away from blacklist. Especially if everyone in the server is from the same group.

One of our admins did it briefly (30 seconds) to sniff out a hacker using script logs. I got an automated email 10 minutes later from our provider saying that if it happens again the server can be shut down.

To me that is awesome. Though ours had a legitimate reason' date=' the admin didn't know he couldn't lock it. I think every server should be considered 1 or 2 locks away from blacklist. Especially if everyone in the server is from the same group.

[/quote']

Server locking is required in order for server owners and their admins to maintain server stability during peak-hour, when thousands of request-to-join packets are being sent back and forth between the server and clients from all over the globe.

To me that is awesome. Though ours had a legitimate reason' date=' the admin didn't know he couldn't lock it. I think every server should be considered 1 or 2 locks away from blacklist. Especially if everyone in the server is from the same group.

[/quote']

Server locking is required in order for server owners and their admins to maintain server stability during peak-hour, when thousands of request-to-join packets are being sent back and forth between the server and clients from all over the globe.

This is very true, my home server CZ02 uses this feature to stop red/yellow chain. When 4 or more people try to connect simultaneously the server locks for around 30 seconds to prevent server overload and flooding. It keeps the server stable. Although some servers do use the locking feature for abuse. A lot of them use it for server stability.