Sign in to follow this  
Venificus

Survivors Helping Survivors: A Mission

Hey guys, for the majority of my time in DayZ (Around 3-4 months now) I've spent the majority of my time along the coastal cities, scavenging what I can, looking for other survivors, forming temporary alliances, getting them geared up, weapons, backpack, food, water and medicine and tools, then seeing them on their way, a lot better off for surviving than when I found them.

I'd like to take this idea a little further, to begin with I'd like to try and form a squad or around 3-4 people, focusing first on getting ourselves in a good position to survive on our own, then eventually finding a place to set up camp, stockpiling supplies we find, always on the lookout for more and for survivors in need of assistance, recruiting more willing hands along the way.

So, in the long run what we'd have is our own HQ where we go to rest after a hard time out on the hunt, in an ideal world a few vehicles to make trips far inland much more feasible, then from there set ourselves missions such as:

Fuel runs

Excursions to find more food, medicine and better equipment

Manhunting (not to be taken in the sinister context, merely looking for more survivors to help out)

these are just a few examples of course, it sounds like a lot of work and effort and in actuality, it probably is, but to me, the most satisfying experiences in this game come from helping out other survivors, those few who won't call "friendly" and then plug you through the head as you go to give them a transfusion, and then sending them off with a fantastic start to their new lives in Day Z

I prefer to use Skype as means of communication and you can add me at Rogan52 if you think this might be your thing, the more the merrier so don't be shy, alternatively you can simply PM me on here if you have any queries :)

Stay safe out there folks!

~ V

• Like 1

We had a similar plan to create some sort of refugee/supply camp near the coast on our private server. We don't know when we'll manage to get it done but we wanted to create a fenced off area with supply tents. It'd be somewhere new survivors would go to for general supplies and if they're lucky, weapons.

So there's a job there if you're up for it :P

Sounds good, how would I get in touch with you guys? Do you get many players frequenting the server?

At the moment we have about 12 regulars and I'm on a big hunt for players, so the numbers are beginning to grow. (We just took a few more players on today)

We wanted a refugee camp up an ready before the server gets to about 20 to 30 members. There are some nice guys on the server who would probably be interested in helping you.

If you go to our blog and fill in the form on the 'Join Us' page we'll email you the password asap.

http://brothersinhar....wordpress.com/

:D

Edited by Guest

Also with a private passworded server you'll be able to successfully set up a base and supply camp without hackers coming in and wrecking everything :P

Sounds like a good idea. I am in the process of setting up a trade center and would not mind partnering with you on a supply camp stocked with food and medical supplies. If you decide to do it on the public hive let me know.

• Like 2

Or you could join my server as well :D

Or you could join my server as well :D

I do keep one character on private hive, just for the change of pace/fun of it; and to show friends the game without risk of my "main" guy. I will consider joining you for sure.

Thanks Venificus, I've emailed the password to you.

I think your going to enjoy yourself helping out the community. We'll be sure to give you a hand setting up a supply camp near the coast.

See you online!

DevilDog, I hope to see you soon! :P

Thanks Venificus, I've emailed the password to you.

I think your going to enjoy yourself helping out the community. We'll be sure to give you a hand setting up a supply camp near the coast.

See you online!

DevilDog, I hope to see you soon! :P

PMd you

EDIT

I

've applied.

Edited by WargameKlok

Sweet. I've emailed you the password WargameKlok.

Welcome to the server!