Sign in to follow this  
mdmonnik@deakin.edu.au

[SOLVED] How to fix infinite loading

I'm a player, not a server owner. Just trying to get some info on what the hell is wrong with my files and/or character on the bliss hive.

Whenever I boot up a Vilayer, or official hive server, no matter what version, no matter using arma2 or dayzcommander/sixlauncher, it works, perfectly.

However, Bliss Hives just dont seem to work!??! I am dumbfounded by this, I have manually and automatically re-downloaded and re-installed ARMA2/OA/beta, dayz, battleye, etc etc.

Still nothing, maybe it is something to do with my actual connection to the Bliss hive?

Errors: When joining through ARMA II CO I get "Bad version, server rejected" etc. However I have the latest version, all versions match up perfectly (otherwise they would not work on vilayer/official)

When joining through Dayzcommander for eg, I get the following steps.

DAYZ loading screen with bar, lobby (battleye is correct version), -> DAYZ loading screen with bar, Receiving data, (Now I hear noise of a beach, and I see the side channel and people talking on it), then it hits the "loading" screen in black, and just sits there forever.

Anyone can give any advice at all? It would be so appreciated.

Regards

EDIT: Definately a hive problem. Used a different steam account on my same computer and it joins it flawlessly. It's the hive data for my character(cdkey). testing in progress

EDIT [sOLVED]: Go into a dayz lobby, then exit, hit the main menu, create a new character with new player ID. Boot up any server and it will work flawlessly :)

Edited by Shad0w_St3p

Have you checked the whitelist column in the instance table?

Have you checked the whitelist column in the instance table?

I have a feeling that's for server owner/admins? I am merely a player, that cannot connect to the Bliss Hive, whether private or public ones.

I have seen some posts about character corruption in the hive synchronization, however i'm not sure who to contact about that.

I see you own a server, is that a Bliss Hive? Would you mind if I tried connecting and just checked the mySQL logs or as you suggested, for any errors with my GUID?

EDIT: Just read on google docs, changing in game character (new name, settings etc, creating a new one) may do the trick, so going to attempt that now.

Edited by Shad0w_St3p

Did it work ?

Yes!! In the server now :) All I had to do was create a new character -.- Get a new player ID and such. My previous character had corrupted data in the bliss hive i'm assuming.

All good now, loaded in fast as anything.

Seriously mate, cheers for the troubleshooting last night, appreciate the time spent trying to solve it :)

I think the problem was BEC and not bliss it's self. Sitting here at work thinking about it and come to think of it people have problems on servers with BEC due to names with characters it doesn't like

However normally when that happens we get a kick message "invalid chars in name" etc :S

EDIT: To confirm your suspicions. I changed the name of my new character back to what it was. AUS[b'H].Shad0w Also tried with AUS[b'H]~Shad0w,, both did not work :) So I think you're right there. It doesnt allow . or ~ or [] etc. (And curing has {} , So its different)

Just going to stick with Shad0wSt3p from now on ahah

Edited by Shad0w_St3p