Sign in to follow this  
MikeTupper

what happened to my character

i logged off yesterday with a fully healthy character. This morning the game insists on loading a fresh survivor, no matter how many times i reload or switch servers. What's happening?

I don't know if it has anything to do with it, but I logged off while sitting inside a vehicle and changed servers

i join different random servers all the time, always in chernarus.

Sounds like you might of got CD key hacked. Load in a fresh spawn fully to shore. Then try a different server and see if your fresh spawn in same place. I got CD key hacked on one of my accounts and I will log in time to time and find that guy moved, or dead, or fully geared out different from when last played.

It was annoying, but I have two accounts so.

Similar thing happened to me yesterday. With a healthy well equiped character I joined the same server as the day before, and I'm passout and dying when I join. Only 2 guys on the server. They may have been hacks and teleported to me before I could move. (You character will appear in game before you actually do. So anyone with a teleport hack can kill you before you even get in the game.) Or it might be a corrupted Arma2 beta, or DayZ Commander doing one of it's glitchy attempts at connecting to the game.

hmm well it seems to have corrected itself, but now I have a new problem... I logged off while in a vehicle, now my guy is sitting in an invisible car and cant move lol... any advice?

I think I read somewhere bandage yourself it should unfreeze your player

I think I read somewhere bandage yourself it should unfreeze your player

I was in a low blood, "passing out" state, and every time I'd revive I'd be unable to move, but switching primary / secondary weapons would "unstick" me. Like bandaging, I think doing a "fixed animation" type of action can cure stuck or glitched characters. Having said that, I don't relish another chance to experiment with that any further... ;)