Eccentric

A slow inevitable death.. Help please

Ok, it has been couple of days since I was last online.

I noticed I was very low on both food and drink when I entered. But thankfully i had both cans and soda with me. I am not bleeding or anything and it was daytime with temprature of about 41 C.

So after i ate and drank some, i started to head for nearest town. Then I suddenly noticed.. my health was still dropping (lost some caused by not eating/drinking for a while)! I am now dropping 3xBlood for every 2sec'ish.

Is there anything new implemented in the 1.7 that drains your life? Any suggestions to make my blood stop dropping?

I have logged out.. for now.. :(

After eating a few steaks (+800 blood each) last night I began losing health afterwards too. Total health loss was a couple hundred points before it stopped. I shrugged and moved on.

A clan mate was losing 3 blood every few seconds, too. Bandaging didn't stop it. It only stopped when he eventually died. Sad but true. Good luck to you.

The 3 blood a second loss will stop when the blood count reaches, or just goes under 10,000. Your character is sick. Lately with the new patch, no sickness sounds can be heard. Hopefully this is fixed in the new update as they've apparently made a bunch of new sounds for actions.

Your character is sick

Strange, it cant be the temperature..

Maybe I got sick because of that unprotected sex I had, with that cow earlier. I told her I wanted to use a condom, but she said she was clean. Guess I got fooled, the hard way!

:(

You can get sick from taking damage from what I've read, Zombie or bullets. Either that or the temperature meter is screwed up. I know I got sick not long after I had relogged into the game because my temperature was staying at 40C, even in the rain at night, and even sitting in multiple buildings to get it back up.

There is also a glitch that causes a poison like HP tick. One way to tell if you're glitching or sick is if a zombie hitting you doesn't stop it. I've got a friend that gets this glitch every time he gets a blood transfusion. Grabbing a zombie and letting it hit him fixes it every time. Hope this helps!

You need to take some antibiotic and that should cure your cold. Just check inside the hospitals and you should find some, I believe.

You can get sick from taking damage from what I've read' date=' Zombie or bullets. Either that or the temperature meter is screwed up. I know I got sick not long after I had relogged into the game because my temperature was staying at 40C, even in the rain at night, and even sitting in multiple buildings to get it back up.

[/quote']

I too read somewhere there is a chance of infection when you are damaged. Also, hanging around other players who are sick increases *your* change of getting sick.

I too read somewhere there is a chance of infection when you are damaged. Also' date=' hanging around other players who are sick increases *your* change of getting sick.

[/quote']

Yep, whole group of 5 of us got sick after I got sick. It's almost like the chances of getting sick while it's like this is FAR higher than normal.

Sickness is possible, and the only way to treat it (you can tell when your player coughs) is to find antibiotics in hospitals. They have a 22% chance of spawning (from what I remember).

(you can tell when your player coughs)

Again, with this new DayZ patch, or this new Arma 2 beta patch (or both), the coughing doesn't exist. You just lose health. I have NO idea if zombies won't notice you now since you don't cough, haven't tried that yet.

Was he on his period?

did this really need to be said?.........wait! what am i saying its the internet obviously it needed to be said....

also sad but true..

and same thing has happened to me it may be fixed at some point but until then i suggest you just off yourself :p

This happened to my friend not long ago.

I had to shoot him in the foot with a Makarov and bandage him.

After that, he was perfectly fine, and the Makarov shot only took around 600 blood.

If you don't have a friend to kindly shoot you, you could just have a zombie beat on you until you start bleeding and then bandage.

Kind of risky, but better than dying a slow death.

The thing is though, with all with these problems, did you wait to see if it'd stop bleeding when you hit or are near 10,000 blood? Like I was saying before, it's a sickness, just with no sound effects for it, and seems very contagious. Either just have to wait out the sickness to go away (can take a day or more, sometimes less for some people I've seen) or take anti-biotics. Also, it's not a 22% chance to drop those I've seen, it's a 1.98% chance to drop, at least according to this: http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

Again' date=' with this new DayZ patch, or this new Arma 2 beta patch (or both), the coughing doesn't exist. You just lose health. I have NO idea if zombies won't notice you now since you don't cough, haven't tried that yet.

[/quote']

The coughing does exist, it's just not audible to the player coughing. If you stand within a few meters of someone else who is sick you can hear their coughing.

None of us could hear anybody coughing when standing up next to them. Including somebody that gave me a blood transfusion. Like I said, 4-5 of us were sick at one time and none of us could hear any coughing. Before this 1.7 patch, we could hear the coughing, even your own character coughing, now, you cannot. At least not on US 10, we haven't tried any other servers.

Personally, I think the addition of coughing is a good thing. Makes it more of a challenge to sneak around :)

If coughing *has* been removed from 1.7, then I hope enough voices are raised to help make it come back. Just my opinion, of course ;)

Also' date=' it's not a 22% chance to drop those I've seen, it's a 1.98% chance to drop, at least according to this: http://picacid.com/arma2/loot_en.html

[/quote']

1.98% drop chance but there are 12 loot spots in a hospital (if your same guide is accurate). 12 x 1.98% = 23.76%

I'm a new player, forgive my ignorance if this is incorrect.

True, if you do factor in those other areas. I had just meant per loot pile itself.

Guest ragequitalready

Edited by ragequitalready