symptom

Bad Serial Number given in Setup

Bad Serial Number given in Setup

The above is the error I am getting when trying to connect. If anyone knows how to fix this, please let me know.

I too is getting this problem (i'm a steam user, if this is relevant in any way).

I have tried deleting Six Updater and ARMA II and ARMA II: OA completely (no files should be left back, as i checked the folders they were installed in and deleted whatever was left)

Sadly this had no effect. I am able to play regular ARMA II games online (no problems at all)

Ok I found a fix. Use the Six Updater, then run Six Launcher. Everything should be fine after that.

For anyone still suffering from this problem restart steam and run in admin mode. From a post by the Arma Devs a while back this IS NOT an Arma problem but a steam issue.

Just tried starting Steam as a admin, and running Six Updater before Six Launcher, and it works like a charm. Not sure if it's a combination of both, or just the admin thing.

But thanks for the help!

Just got everything loading running steam as admin as well as Six updater and six launcher.

Just can't shake this error.

Hmm, that's strange. Have you tried reinstalling both Six Updater and ARMA II?

I know it's quite a lot to download (ARMA II and OA), but if you can't get it working, it might be the only option there is.

Or you could try running Six Launcher as an admin as well (if you already haven't)

Hmm' date=' that's strange. Have you tried reinstalling both Six Updater and ARMA II?

I know it's quite a lot to download (ARMA II and OA), but if you can't get it working, it might be the only option there is.

Or you could try running Six Launcher as an admin as well (if you already haven't)

[/quote']

I reinstalled everything and follow the steps here after I launched both Arma2 and OA Got it all to work. No I am fighting the stuck at loading screen but that is another thread.

Thanks all

Well it worked for them, but not for me. I am running steam as an admin, i've started Updater then the launcher,I just dont understand it.

How do you sign into steam as an admin?

in win 7 this is how I do it.

Shut down steam completely.

Right click bring up properties and choose the compatibility tab. at the bottom there is a check box that says run as admin.

Or

shut down steam

right click on steam from the start menu and choose run as administrator.

Hope this helps

Hello. I have had this problem, and I tried to run it in Administrator, however when I attempt to do so it says "C:\Program Files\Steam\Steam\Steam.exe"

"The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."

Does anyone know of a solution for this? I really would like to not have just wasted $30 on a game I will never play anything but the mod for. :(

This is so annoynig, I still get this problem, got steam opened with admin and redownloaded Six launcher and yet I still get this problem, I just want to play the mod><

Anyone able to help please?:/

How do you sign into steam as an admin?

Close the Steam.exe process in the task manager then find the shortcut to Steam and right click it and select "Run as Administration"