xtri90

Server Requirements

Hello lads.

I am about to clicky the button on a Dedicated server and I have a few questions.

Is this enough for a 50 slot DayZ server?

AMD Phenom II x6 1045t

and

8 GB Ram.

Hello lads.

I am about to clicky the button on a Dedicated server and I have a few questions.

Is this enough for a 50 slot DayZ server?

AMD Phenom II x6 1045t

and

8 GB Ram.

Yes.

http://www.cpubenchm...h_end_cpus.html

your proc: 5,172

my proc: Xeon® CPU E31230 @ 3.20GHz = 8,423

It is difficult to get 50 players on mine, so on yours it will be the same.

Don't forget that the gameserver uses only 1 core heavily (the engine is not multithreaded).

It is difficult to get 50 players as in you never see that many on at once, or your cpu struggles with that many players on at once...? I think you may be doing it wrong.

It is difficult to get 50 players as in you never see that many on at once, or your cpu struggles with that many players on at once...? I think you may be doing it wrong.

I'm going with the "it is difficult to 50 players" and as I previously said, yes, it will work fine.

On a sidenote, PassMark in general is shit and hardly correlates to real-world performance since it is heavily multi-threaded. It strongly relies on the number of cores with FPU's, which is basically the antithesis of what non-synthetic applications (aka ARMA II) need.

Edited by urbanfox

You don't answer the question.

Is the processor powerful enough to host a dayz gameserver with 50 players in it ?

answer is no. The red link will appear on players screen.

You don't answer the question.

I did lol! The answer is yes.

Is the processor powerful enough to host a dayz gameserver with 50 players in it ?

answer is no. The red link will appear on players screen.

Based on what?

Hey guys, My name is Richard and I am a representative from Limestone Networks. If you want a custom quote on a dedicated unmanaged server, send me a pm.