hawkkk

More natural food sources, less tin cans, sleeping bags

Okay so basically there should be a fishing system, maybe have raw fish restore less than cooked fish.

Since I have no Idea of arma2 modding I am unsure whether this is possible but I thought it would be a good idea (though of course, other things have priorities as of now :D)

I also thought finding animal traps and setting them up (server-bound, tent-alike) may be a good idea.

Not sure about them clogging up server resources.

As for sleeping bags, Stalker:SoC complete mod inspired this idea:

Set yourself up in a safe place with a sleeping bag before logging out - if you don't, your character will keep standing where it is for another 5 minutes and easily seen/killed/have its backpack looted by other players.

Though I believe this will greatly clog up server resources.

At last I would like to express my regards to all of the people I've met and played with and thank the devs for creating such a great mod.

It's been a blast so far :cool:

You could only fish on the coast, where you'd just get shot.

There are some reasonably sized ponds where fishing could be feasible. I do find the lack of streams and rivers in Chernarus rather perplexing, though.

What about foraging? I think more options for food is generally a good idea.

Sure..... I doubt its gonna happen maybe its possible but I don't think it will be like you want it to be.

It could add to the game to find plantable seeds, i.e. corn, beans, wheat, etc. You would have to find a shovel or other instruments, but then as people do with tents, you could search out a location in the woods and plant your own food source which could be harvested in a weeks server time or something.

Well the standing 5 minutes is somewhat stupid as what if a player has to disconnect because of a crash? Is it his fault his game crashed or is it just unlucky thing that could have happened.

But yeah, this could be implented in some way, but it needs a lot of work before it can be made. We just have to wait and see.

Gathering and foraging and distinguishing between what is food and what is'nt will be a cool concept.

Gathering mushrooms, berries, roots etc.

Could be cool, especially if you cook a meal for you mates and then poison them haha, new sneaky element!

You could only fish on the coast' date=' where you'd just get shot.

[/quote']

Life mods have fishing from shore and at sea using a boat.

Cool idea that you have to find a safe spot and a sleeping bag before you log out if you want to be sure you're character is ok next time you log in .

Fishing and gathering of food in the wild - Yup, definitely.

I also think weapons and loot in general should be more scarce.