Tehdemon

Ban Appeal from server Hosted by Core

I was repairing the bus and, Just refueling it then suddenly I just got banned. I would like to know why I got banned from the server Because I like it very much. I do have a screenshot if you want to see it but, I don't think it will be necessary.

Admin name: I don't remember the name.

Time: Around 5 P.M (USA Pacific time)

Ban message:

Battle Eye: Admin ban (repeat Offender))

Server: 208.94.246.2:4302

Thank you very much in advanced.

Edited by Tehdemon

Screenshot not necessary, and my email address is in the MOTD, so posting here is not necessary.

However, you were kicked a couple of times for a publicvariable script restriction, meaning you had something that doesn't belong.

What I didn't catch was that you must have left, dumped it off and come back without it and so were not kicked again. it was late, I was scanning logs before I crashed for the night, saw the multiple attempts and issued the ban.

I see now where you got back in and were in for a while, meaning you did the right thing and ditched the illegal item (also means you knew what it was). I didn't realize you were back on, and didn't see the server remove you, I was wiped out last night..

Anyway, I'll lift the ban, this time, just don't come in my door with things you shouldn't have and we're all good.

~C

Which illegal weapon was it? Was it the L86 AWS?

Btw, thanks i'll take A look at the illegal items list.

I can't seem to find it on the dayz forums or, the wiki. Do you mind sending me a link?

Edited by Tehdemon

You shouldn't be kicking OR Banning players for having illegal items like the AS50 TSW, its against the server hosting rules & The DayZ Staff also disagree with people doing that.

Edited by PancakeMixes

You shouldn't be kicking OR Banning players for having illegal items like the AS50 TSW, its against the server hosting rules & The DayZ Staff also disagree with people doing that.

Pancake - go reread the rules, specifically #13 - Yes, you can kick, and you can ban. The rule states they would prefer you didn't, but not that you can't do it.

http://dayzmod.com/f...09/#entry594056

TehDemon - I'm at work, I'll check in a bit to see what item it was specifically, all I know is, you got kicked with it, you came back later without it, or the system would have kicked you again, meaning you got rid of it.

Check this thread, it's one of the things I use to catch these, and it has a pretty thorough list in it, in multiple places:

http://dayzmod.com/forum/index.php?/topic/93007-howto-use-publicvariablevaltxt-to-auto-kick-players-with-hacked-weapons/

Edited by Core618

@Tehdemon - check you PM's

Simply put, I apologized for what turns out to be a mistake on my part. Some testing was apparently done, and the script updated, I didn't get the update.

It's updated now.

Had I done my usual followup and checked to see what the item was beforehand, I would have caught the error and we wouldn't be having this discussion. My fault for being tired and taking the lazy way out.

• Like 1

Kk, thanks core. I actually dropped my L86 aws by accident, and picked up the M4a3 CCO I was like... Are you kidding me lol.

Lol, core there were hackers on earlier who spawned helicopters and, crap -.-. Don't have any proof and, also they killed me too -.-

EDIT: I have it recorded too, if you need any evidence

EDIT: Clip stopped working for some reason :\

Can you get the names

Edited by Tehdemon

Lol, core there were hackers on earlier who spawned helicopters and, crap -.-. Don't have any proof and, also they killed me too -.-

EDIT: I have it recorded too, if you need any evidence

EDIT: Clip stopped working for some reason :\

Can you get the names

I think I got most of them on the banlist now, but send me what you have please?

You have the email address from the MOTD?