Sign in to follow this  
Sauerkraut01

Banned from US 2451

Name: Kinslayer

Ok, so a few hours ago my buddy and I were heading up to setup a tent on a hill and drop our stuff off in it when we were ambushed. My buddy died right away, and I searched around for the shooter, eventually finding him up the hill a bit. I put 3 rounds dead center into him with my m249, and he ends up killing me. I get the whole "you are dead" screen and whatnot, and decide to try to run and get my stuff. I spawn in right next to the tent we were at like nothing had happened, with my m249 and me in perfect condition. I see in the lower left chat that LordGoldenrod, the gentlemen who killed me, was kicked.... Kinda weird, but whatever. I then look at my body, and notice that everything is still on it, and start taking some ammo(My bad, I apologize, but the game fucked up, I didn't cheat). Anyway, seconds later, I'm banned....

My buddy and I had some rare weapons on us (me a M249, ad him a FAL with nightvision), but we had encountered a helicopter crash the night before and looted it.

Now what I find odd are the following:

About 15 minutes earlier on the server, the admin warned someone else not to touch someone else's body, or he would be kicked. Then a couple min later, the admin told him he could loot the body... Weird, but the takeaway is that he was warned first. I do not recall seeing a warning, however I could be wrong.

When you get to the server menu, it says that LordGoldenrod is the owner... It confuses me that the owner was in this altercation and was also kicked from the server.

Ultimately I'd like to know what happened, and preferably get unbanned as I've enjoyed playing on this server up until now.

I tried 5 other servers right away and was unable to join, so I assume I have a global ban associated with me

I apologize for the long read, and apologize for your time in advance

Alright, so I joined a different server today(US3364), and spawned in once again with all my items. Immediately the warning(something like) "you will be kicked for illegal items if you continue to carry them" came up.

I'm a bit confused and frustrated at this point, because the M249 and FN FAL are both legal items in the game(Or so the lists that I've been looking over say), that I (believe)legitimately obtained from a helicopter crash on US 2451....

So what's the deal here?

There are actually two M249 around AFAIK. I'm not sure where the differences are (optically), bit in the code, the legit one is named "M249_DZ" and the ArmA II one "M249".

I'm not saying this is the case here, just a possibility. Also make sure you don't have other unlegit equipment in the inventory like Marakrov SD magazines, a Radio or use soldier camo clothing. Else someof the anti-cheat scripts on some servers might be triggered and kick you.

Ahh, thank you for the tip, I will look into that, once I figure out how, lol.

I did also find a tent with the .50 TWS50, or whatever it's called inside it... I picked it up, and put it down right away(now I know it was illegal)... didn't even load it. Would that have associated an illegal weapon tag to me or something?

Possible. Better not touch any hacked stuff on servers that use such kick-scripts as this might get you kicked too, even if you drop it in front of the tent to make it vanish with the next server restart.

Hello.

I'm sorry for my english, this is not the native language for me and I am forced to use auto translator.

Perhaps I host my post in the wrong place, I'm bad, I rely on your forum, but it's the only place I found in the search engines for "US2451".
I would really like to talk to the admin of that server on the issue with our friend ban.

Today I and my friend were banned on the server US2451, although no cheats and scripts we did not use and the server rules are not violated.

I would like to know the cause of the ban? And possible to settle the situation, it server is one of the few where I really want to play.
Twice a pity that the ban we were literally the same day, as collected his first helicopter and have only just started to enjoy life =)
Nicks on the server: КВЭЙК (my friend) and T.Suhov.

Edited by T.Suhov

Ow... 

I got the admin ban on another server only for the fact that I am Russian...
Very frustrating that this was not a private server with white list, it was a free for all, connected to the public hive.It's very frustrating.
Let it be so. Good luck and good game.

"All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others"
George Orwell, "Animal Farm".

Edited by T.Suhov