Sign in to follow this  
kmach1ne

Things I Would Like To See In The Standalone

So while I was bored in college history, I concocted a "DayZ Ideas List" just because I could. Some of my ideas aren't new but if you see something from another, I simply just agree with that suggestion. These are in no particular order in terms of importance but I'd try to widen the idea pool a bit to maybe get some brainstormin' a brewin'. Some of terms or wording might be a bit off but I'll try to explain each one the best I can. Please tell me if I contradict myself anywhere in the list. Enjoy.

• Big towns and cities have "infected air" - Gas masks or other types of face masks would be required for extended stays (30 minutes or so).
  • If infected, Antibiotics and/or other vaccines are required to become fully stable.
  • When infected, you become disorientated and stumble around after a long term exposure. Vomiting and fainting can occur.
  • Loot spawns on other surfaces in building other than just the ground. They could spawn inside cabinets, drawers, open boxes and cars (totaled) as well as on objects like tables and counters.
  • Addition and new threat of wildlife such as bears, wolves and birds. All of which could be infected and could possibly infect you with an assortment of diseases.
  • Random events such as zombies bosses (bosses is a bad word but like special zombies that are harder to kill especially when in large hordes), large hordes in random places, wondering zombies, asset drops like weapon and ammo crates or food and water drops. (Again random times and at random locations)
  • Ability to move and shoot. Not halo style moving and shooting but while zoomed in, you can move the speed you move currently while zoomed only now you can shoot. You could run and hip fire but it would have to be inaccurate to an extent.
  • Ability to run with your flashlight pointed ahead instead of it pointing at the ground while running. (Perhaps a toggle option)
  • Chance to dismember players and zombies from large caliber rounds. (Plus more gore and ragdoll effects of course)
  • Location appropriate weapons - Chernarus would focus the majority of its weaponry on Russian guns such as:
    • Makorov
    • TT-33
    • Saiga-12
    • Ppsh-41/43
    • PP-2000
    • Mosin Nagant
    • SVT-40
    • SV-98
    • SVD
    • VSS
    • AEK-971
    • AN-94
    • AK family
    • AS Val
    • SR-3
    • A-91
    • PKP
    • RPK
    • Some sort of flamethrower
    • RGO, RGN, RGD grenades
    • Igla anti-air (maybe not)

[*]Realistic weapon and blunt force damage - No more of all pistols doing the same damage (minus the revolver of course)

[*]A wide array of melee weapons as well as the use of your fists.

[*]Location appropriate vehicles

[*]Limping and staggering if wounded in the leg(s), feet, torso, etc.

[*]Wide array of clothing options including but not limited to jackets, coats, helmets (that actually add protection), hats, bandannas, pants, and possibly kevlar vests.

[*]Radio system with countless frequencies to talk with friends across the map or to lurk on others.

[*]Batteries for items such as NVG's, GPS's, flashlights and rangefinders. Perhaps some type of car jumper to jump-start a car if the car battery is weak. If the battery is dead, you'll have to find a new one.

[*]Brief UI display when a tool or item is activated or changed then fades away soon after. Only food and water indicators can be visible at all times. Also show the "real" time of day so you don't play TOO much. (Oh man, I've been playing for nine hours and didn't even know - Now you'll know)

[*]Set game conditions such as:

• Day/night cycles from 4/6/8/10/12 hours.
    • Softcore mode where you don't lose your gear when you die but it severely degrades and you have to possibly fix some gear to continue using them.
    • Hardcore mode (how it is now) with perma-death, you lose all gear and only spawn with a bandage and perhaps a degraded melee weapon. (same for softcore but maybe throw in a few extras like painkillers and a extra bandage)
    • Some sort of deathmatch mode with a scaled map size with increase weapon drops or start with a weapon of choice at a lobby screen perhaps.
    • Wave defense - fairly self-explanatory.
    • Day only/night only servers.

[*]Addition of tools such as a multi-tool, saw, nailgun, hammer and nails, etc.

[*]Ability to barricade doorwars and small passages with wood planks, metal sheets, etc. Zombies, bullets, melee weapons and certain tools can destroy barricades over time.

[*]Ability to craft make-shift weapons with common items - Tape + kitchen knife = A shitty bayonet

[*]Customization and addons for weapons. Customization to the extent where you can paint your gun different camos or colors (if you find paint), add items like optics, suppressors, flashlights and lasers. Some of the items might not be compatible with certain weapons.

[*]Thermal vision goggles anyone?

[*]Medication to bypass disease side effects for a certain period of time.

[*]Proper hunger and thirst increase/decrease (Find a good balance so I'm not always eating every 30 minutes)

[*]Eating and drinking sounds are currently way too loud. You would think if you were being stealthy and you had to eat, you wouldn't be smackin your lips so loud that people in a 50 meter radius could hear. Maybe lower that just a tad.

[*]When restarting a server, the time of day will be sustained from the previous instance.

[*]Underground structures with a separate instance with passwords/booby traps. The inside structure could handle ten players comfortably at one time. This room would have a weapons rack, boxes, containers and other storage type things. (Perhaps you have to bring empty containers and boxes to use as storage for your underground lair? "X" amount of scrap metal to construct weapons rack?)

[*]Ability to add a 50 to 100 meter tunnel system as a secondary exit/entrance to your dungeon.

[*]Ability to salvage vehicles for their parts and scrap metal. Would require certain tools so you couldn't just go destroy everything all willy nilly and it would take a decent amount of time to complete fully.

That's it for now. Please leave constructive criticism or if you hate something, please explain why or make the idea better. I will add more ideas as they come in to my brain and as well as good ideas from you guys.

(Yes I know there are tons of threads like this but I don't care MUAHAHAHA)

Edited by kmach1ne

I think these are some good ideas but thermal vision goggle are too overpowered its mainly a as50 twa with them

You can only do as much as the game engine allows Dismemberment would probably not be possible without some major re haul of the engine. Same with things like separate instances and underground structures not pre-built into the map.

I think these are some good ideas but thermal vision goggle are too overpowered its mainly a as50 twa with them

=D

lol yeah that one was just for funzies but yeah I can agree with the dismemberment/engine overhaul. Might be too much work for them but who knows, it might be very possible, we just don't know it yet.

Edited by kmach1ne