OutLord

Set ViewDistance > 1000m

Ok, Ive pulled apart every pbo and tried every config I thought possible but I cant seem to change the default view distance of 1000m in the Bliss Dayz Private hive settings.

If I need to create a new or different @Dayz mod folder folder that needs to be independently downloaded, Im more than happy to do that and have a big enough following for that not to be a problem but could someoene please show me where the view distance for dayz is stored so I can change it to something a bit more practical like 10,000 meters

ta

It's in the DayZ code pbo. Extract that and play around, rocket put in dynamic weather. I'm sure it's in the code pbo lol...

If you're gonna force 10.000 meters view distance on your server I don't think many would have a computer to handle that. 10.000 m is max fyi if you did not know.

Anyone who wants to run less than that distance just needs to pull down their own view distance manually.

The "Balance for all players" is imo a lame excuse for such limited visibility. Some of us work very hard to to buy decent machines that can handle more realistic settings and should be allowed to do so.

I did look there, I'll take another look now.

Edited by Slyder

I can only find Fog in the "DynamicWeatherEffects" nothing anywhere about viewdistance :-(

ROFL

15000 is actually the max.

and the setting is in your server profile .cfg

Let us know when you turn it back down due to laggin everyone out.

ROFL

15000 is actually the max.

and the setting is in your server profile .cfg

Let us know when you turn it back down due to laggin everyone out.

Let me know when you actually know wtf you are talking about.

The view distance set in the relevant ArmA2OAProfile file is overridden by a setting, presumably in the dayz addon. there is even a default 1600m setting in the dayz_1.chernarus mission file but once again it is overidden by another.

I can only find Fog in the "DynamicWeatherEffects" nothing anywhere about viewdistance :-(

I will look for it my self tonight when I'm testing out some new stuff on my local server.

as far as i know, it's inside of ****.Arma2OAProfile.cfg file. For example, Blisslingor.Arma2OAProfile.cfg

Here's what the folders are showing : blissLingor\users\BlissLingor\BlissLingor.ArmA2OAProfile

and here's what im seeing, minus the difficulty settings.

shadingQuality=7;

shadowQuality=3;

singleVoice=0;

maxSamplesPlayed=32;

volumeCD=6.5;

volumeFX=6.5;

volumeSpeech=6.5;

volumeVoN=6.5;

vonRecThreshold=0.029999999;

sceneComplexity=300000;

viewDistance=1600;

terrainGrid=25;

Edited by King Scuba

I did this once, and undid it. I'll have to find out where it's done again. I also have an override for dynamic weather that can be turned off/on by a parameter in the server.cfg (or whatever name you use) file. Anyone interested in wanting to know how to setup parameters to modify the gameplay, let me know. It's pretty easy, once you know how to do it. For example, the StormSeekers server has parameters for time (local/day/night/accelerated), number of zombies per player (30,40,50,60), spawn with bike (0 no 1 yes), clear/dynamic weather, spawn on coast or wilderness, and other things. and they can be changed quickly and a simple server restart implements the changes.

Oh and I also had code to disable the black/white & blurry vision when blood is low, but thought i made it too easy for players and put it back to default. LoL

Anyway. I digress. If I find it before someone else posts, I'll post it here.

Found some old code and tested. it seems to work.

In the "init.sqf" of the mission file (you'll have to unpack it) add somewhere near the top of the file (After the "startLoadingScreen..." should be fine.

setViewDistance 10000;
0 setFog 0;

adjust the numbers to your liking.

ViewDistance 500-10000

Fog is a number between 0-1

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setViewDistance

http://community.bistudio.com/wiki/setFog

I'm going to test it a couple more times with a heli to see if my view range really does increase from the air. from a mtn, it seems to be good.

Edited by Calinthor

Oh yeah, and if you're running BattlEye. you will have to modify the scripts.txt

Search for:

5 setViewDistance !"\"setViewDistance\","

and replace with:

1 setViewDistance !"\"setViewDistance\","

also

5 setFog !"\"setFog\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;\n0 setFog _currentFog;" !"if (_currentWeatherChange == \"FOG\") then {\n_timeUntilCompletion setFog _targetWeatherValue;\n};" !"0 setFog _initialFog;\n\nif (_initialOvercast == -1) then {"

1 setFog !"\"setFog\"," !"0 setOvercast _currentOvercast;\n0 setFog _currentFog;" !"if (_currentWeatherChange == \"FOG\") then {\n_timeUntilCompletion setFog _targetWeatherValue;\n};" !"0 setFog _initialFog;\n\nif (_initialOvercast == -1) then {"

Otherwise people will get booted. or comment the lines out or delete the lines.

Still testing....

Edited by Calinthor
  • Like 1

Also, people can still adjust their range to help with their fps. Tested it where I had a max range of 10000 and another player set his at 2k. when he went from 10k to 2k performance for him got better. Each client can have a different viewdistance and fog setting, (of course they'd have to execute a command to change the fog); so make sure to adjust things for the optimal player but let them know they can tune it down if it's too laggy.